Competition Kit of the Week Round XXIII: Final Poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco — West Ham
In alphabetical order, the three winners from the individual poll, as their were too many images for top 2 (plus ties - there were 23 from 10 entries)

----

Smeagle (1) - John XXIII College
Before
currentfinished.png

After
adidas1finished.png

adidas2finished.png

St Specky (1) - De La Salle College
Before
(N/A - photographs: )
nb68hx.png

footyroll.jpg

After
ssi2.png

St Specky (2) - De La Salle College
Before
(N/A - photographs: )
nb68hx.png

footyroll.jpg

After
ssii2.png

I've decided not to vote, due to the fact St Specky's designs are basicly the same except for the one being horizontal, one being vertical...

I've decided not to vote, due to the fact St Specky's designs are basicly the same except for the one being horizontal, one being vertical...
Exactly. Obviously it's a great concept but for them to be in two different polls with just a slightly different design and win them both is a bit iffy for me. Maybe it's just because he beat my design :cool:

I'm going to abstain from this one too.
Still not feeling the "bomber jacket" design of Smeagle's, and the DLS ones are too dominated by the school logo. We should have had the option of "none of the above".

I'm going to abstain from this one too.
Still not feeling the "bomber jacket" design of Smeagle's, and the DLS ones are too dominated by the school logo. We should have had the option of "none of the above".

What's the point? This is a final, we want to decide a winner. Voting none of the above just makes it more complicated. Better off just not voting......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually pretty surprised to get both nominated!

And yes, they are basically the same jumper, one vertical and one horizontal.

Given this has been dormant for a week - can we declare Smeagle the winner and move on to KOTW XXIV? Please? :) Am wanting to do some more designs but I need a bit of "purpose".

Sorry fellas, been extremely busy.
I will post the next KOTW tonight or tomorrow, it has involved a bit of research/gathering info on my part so I'll blame it on that also :eek:

For those of you who were wondering whatever happened to the other World Cup themed KOTW... I quickly realised it was a stupid idea and would lead to mainly basic recolours:
goalkeeper kits for AFL teams (when the League introduced 'keepers in the 2037 season)

But this one will be completely different and quite relevant... mainly to us sandgropers :D

Kudos for putting the research in - but don't leave us hanging too long!!

Sorry fellas, been extremely busy.
I will post the next KOTW tonight or tomorrow, it has involved a bit of research/gathering info on my part so I'll blame it on that also :eek:

For those of you who were wondering whatever happened to the other World Cup themed KOTW... I quickly realised it was a stupid idea and would lead to mainly basic recolours:
goalkeeper kits for AFL teams (when the League introduced 'keepers in the 2037 season)

But this one will be completely different and quite relevant... mainly to us sandgropers :D
Could it be design a way better GC "Suns" design....

I'd love to see a "relaunch your club" KOTW.

Lets assume it's 2050, AFL has taken over the world and your AFL club has just been awarded a place in the Global Football League. But unfortunately, the club from New York already uses your colours, guernsey and mascot. Relaunch your club in a way that changes the colours, guernsey and mascot, but keeps with your club's traditions and would attract new global fans.

Basically, it's your club in the Port Adelaide 1997 situation.

I think if you apply basically the rules that we had to follow which was a complete rebranding as to be completely different from an existing side, people would do the right thing.

Hell, we could even have an entire competition about it and have a different club each fortnight. Relaunch of the week, with the rules stating that you must rebrand your current club to make it distinct from another club with exactly the same imagery.

Voting would ideally be not just for guernsey design, but for your ability to link back to history and tradition while at the same time changing your image completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back