Competition Kit of the Week Round XXV: Group A Poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco — West Ham
Chronological order, top two plues ties, etc etc etc.
---
creagus
MelbourneAway-Clash-1.png

pie_machine (1)
melbournerules.png

Omegaville
Dees2011clash.png

Heyzeus
2cze5t.png

pie_machine (2)
melbourneflame.png

Willo #6
MFC.png

LeeARM (1)
Melbournelogoclash2.png

mobitout
kotwxventry1.png

EastyEffect (1)
mfcjumper.png

ZacMac10
2d167fb.png

GANTY
melblogobasedpres-1.png

pie_machine (3)
melbournetrident.png

Many of them made me think Swans, but I voted LeeARM(1), with mentions going to Omegaville, Willo#6 & pie_machine(2)

Voted for Mobitout - very effective clash strip with the MFC monogram.
Apologies to ZacMac, I also liked that design a lot too - uncomplicated and if I could have made two votes, I would have.

I guess what we have to weigh up is whether we use as many elements of the Melbourne logo as possible, or whether a design is an effective clash strip.

Voted for Mobitout - very effective clash strip with the MFC monogram.
Apologies to ZacMac, I also liked that design a lot too - uncomplicated and if I could have made two votes, I would have.

I guess what we have to weigh up is whether we use as many elements of the Melbourne logo as possible, or whether a design is an effective clash strip.

Thats ok Omegaville. I voted for Craegus with special mentions going to LeeArm 1 and Mobitout

Decided not to vote in this one. But would have gone for Ganty if it didn't have the trident on the back of the clash (not a fan of the Royal away though).

mobitout pooed on the rest of the guernseys, sorry lads

Just the not voting. Surely at least one design would be worthy of a vote... or have all entrants wasted their time submitting? :thumbsdown:

EDIT: Ochre, also not happy with the suggestion that most of the entries are crap (or at least, pooed on). Y'know, when I see comments like that, I just think, am I wasting my time entering... not really getting anything constructive or positive. Rubbish responses really aren't necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the not voting. Surely at least one design would be worthy of a vote... or have all entrants wasted their time submitting? :thumbsdown:

it might not be that he thinks all the designs are crap, it might be that he thinks they are all as good as each other

EDIT: Ochre, also not happy with the suggestion that most of the entries are crap (or at least, pooed on). Y'know, when I see comments like that, I just think, am I wasting my time entering... not really getting anything constructive or positive. Rubbish responses really aren't necessary.

he's not suggesting they're crap, he just thinks that mobitouts is far superior to the rest, 'pooed on' is just a way of saying that

craegus: It would be hypocritical of me not to like this design. Compared to mine, the blue cuffs make it look less Sydney-like.

Omegaville: Uses all of the elements from the logo without looking too cluttered. But I'm not sure how the Southern Cross would look with a logo on the back.

Heyzeus: Simple but somewhat iconic.

Willo #6: I'm not sure if the silver is necessary and it may look better if the yoke were further down so the logos didn't cut off the pitchforks. Other than than, great.

LeeARM: I like the shield reference to the late 90s adidas jumpers, but I think it might be slightly too cluttered on the front.

mobitout: It's not a bad design, but in my opinion it lacks creativity:
Don't just plonk a monogram in the middle of the jumper - be creative, original and devilish in your designs.

EastyEffect: It's a good idea but it just looks a bit messy in practice.

ZacMac10: Another case of a design that's not bad and I wouldn't mind seeing as a clash jumper but is essentially the monogram on a jumper.

GANTY: The navy and royal blue on the away jumper clash with each other, but the away jumper looks good.

Anyway, I voted for Heyzeus with an honourable mention to Omegaville.

it might not be that he thinks all the designs are crap, it might be that he thinks they are all as good as each other

he's not suggesting they're crap, he just thinks that mobitouts is far superior to the rest, 'pooed on' is just a way of saying that

I didn't mean to insinuate that everyone's wasting their time, I tried to come up with a design too but I canned it after my ideas looked shite. There's a few that aren't bad, but none stand above the others enough to be voted for. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I just feel that if I vote for one over another without a reason, then it's a wasted vote.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back