Koschitske or Didak?

Remove this Banner Ad

Serious question - just curious as a Port supporter (Port Magpies hat on this time).

In the 2000 ND where St Kilda took Riewoldt and Koschitske at 1 & 2 and left Didak to be taken at 3 by Collingwood - did they make the right decision? Interested to know whether you think taking the two talls was the best option or whether a tall and a quality on baller (which Didak was looking like being from his time at Port - at the moment at Collingwood he's being played more as an opportunist forward - I assume as part of a long term development strategy) would have been better.

Yeah I prefer Kosi. I think taking the two talls was the best option, as these two will hold down key positions for the Saints for years to come. As it has turned out, we have picked up a few handy midfielders through the draft anyway.

I reckon the Saints might have been better off picking Didak.

From what I have seen of Koschitske he will be a good footballer for years to come, but only that.

Didak on the other hand might just turn out to be a cracker.

Koschitzke hasn't impressed me half as much this year as he did in 2001. He just doesn't seem to do enough any more. What's with him?

Originally posted by Winmar
Koschitzke hasn't impressed me half as much this year as he did in 2001. He just doesn't seem to do enough any more. What's with him?

He's getting pummelled in the ruck every week and he's just not up to it. Would ideally be playing at FF or floating across CHB, but because of our ruck problems he has been forced to play a role that he shouldn't really be playing.

mmnay think kosi will be better than roo, including me... so who kows. right decision made. look at out list now and wat we lack still! ANOTHER KOSI!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think going the tall option was more important than St Kilda getting another on-baller.
IMO, we've got enough quality on-ballers and those wityh potential to become quality on-ballers, but we lost some height when we got rid of Spider, and Kosi will be a future star, so it was a good call for my money.

Kosi was much better today, from what I saw. Is Didak a midfielder? Please excuse my ignorance - I'm afraid I only take interest in one club!

Originally posted by evertonfc
Kosi

---

Daylight

---

Grand Canyon

---

Didak

You would have to a certified moron to pick Didak over JK. The amount of time Didak or splinters spends on the bench should be an indication of who little he contributes. Sure once the game is won, he'll come on and score a couple of goals but his form this year has been crap.

Kosi by a country mile.
Didak is the most overrated hack for collingwood. i am a die hard maggie suporter and I go everyweek to see him screw around with the ball, not getting a touch and warming the pine.
Players like hird and buckley were taken in the 3Rd round of their draft, Scott Burns was in the 8th to see Didak being taken in the first is an absolute joke!!!!

I agree he blows for a #3 pick, but he is a handy player. on the other hand though you wouldnt find many teams passing him up. Collingwood are apparently huge raps for him.

This is ridiculous!

As majority of the responses suggest. Didak is another one of those in the top echelon at the draft, along with Fiora and Livingston!

Perhaps this thread should be Kosi or Mark Coughlan (selection 25).

Still, would ahve to go with Kosi, Saints would be nowhere without the big fella! Although, maybe Capuano would still be around???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back