Kyabram DFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see rushworth with a fair few clearances in, a lot from the NT.. don’t know wether these guys are fly ins but I’ve been told a majority of them are based in melbs, the tigers 🐯 will surprise a few teams this year..
Talking to a Rushy legend this morning and he was certainly excited about the tigers prospects this year and fair enough they have recruited some reall talent, give them time to gel and they will worry a few sides good on them

Talking to a Rushy legend this morning and he was certainly excited about the tigers prospects this year and fair enough they have recruited some reall talent, give them time to gel and they will worry a few sides good on them
Who was the legend swoop??

Last edited:

I see Grints has made the call the Rhett Sutton to follow him to Stanhope. Getting on in age now but has been a good player either as key back or ruckman
Yeah they got 3 ex Huntly players, Sutton, Dickerson and Luke Mann.. got a few locals back, patten, West, Armstrong, think they just signed a CHF aswell no name yet but mail is can play.. maybe a couple of others I havnt mentioned.. having a good go at it..

Yeah they got 3 ex Huntly players, Sutton, Dickerson and Luke Mann.. got a few locals back, patten, West, Armstrong, think they just signed a CHF aswell no name yet but mail is can play.. maybe a couple of others I havnt mentioned.. having a good go at it..
Quite obvious the club is having a real crack seeing it’s their centenary year The league is shaping up for a great year with so many clubs improving their lists Any one game enough in putting up there end of season ladder

Quite obvious the club is having a real crack seeing it’s their centenary year The league is shaping up for a great year with so many clubs improving their lists Any one game enough in putting up there end of season ladder
Girgarre 100 years as well , I’m sure they are hoping to improve, some good gets into the team so far

It was a close enough ending last year Swoopin. If it is as close this year would be great. However I reckon the standard will be much higher. Pity there is no interleague!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started as a junior team in 1920 and joined Kyabram DFL in 1932 with a senior team and have never moved from KDFL

Found it. There are notes online about Stanhope-Girgarre being a GVL club from 1948 to 1955.

Maybe they ran a KD team through this time also as Girgarre won a KD Premiership in 1952.

I am sure we will hear more about the histories of these clubs throughout this milestone year.

Won’t go on too much Swoopin (this being a footy forum) but they have recruited a few girls from Ky and various other locals from other clubs like Lancy- A Grader Holly Butler from Kyabram FNC is an absolute gun. Her family is from Gig. My daughter played against them this week and predicted they will whitewash the competition. Good luck to them being their year celebrations.

Won’t go on too much Swoopin (this being a footy forum) but they have recruited a few girls from Ky and various other locals from other clubs like Lancy- A Grader Holly Butler from Kyabram FNC is an absolute gun. Her family is from Gig. My daughter played against them this week and predicted they will whitewash the competition. Good luck to them being their year celebrations.

Good to see gig get maybe 1 flag

Definitely some good blood lines in that team 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back