Kyabram DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

You should know me better than that Jayco! My fisty cuff days were over once I started doing my hammy from running away from them!
From my reports a friend (from Melbourne) of a Lancy player slapped a Murch player on the bum who was on the receiving end of a head butt a couple weeks ago! A Murch supporter didn’t like what he saw and it was all in from there. The supporter was later from Lancy folk that’s not how Lancy does things. Police advised Lancy players once in their change rooms, that they need to leave the rooms early as possible for their own safety. Work that out! A few of my Lancy official mates copped coward hits when trying to separate players and supporters. I just hope no one was seriously hurt from any community.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why is this happening so often? It seems dickheads think it's ok to retaliate to what they thinks unjust on the field, the guys that started it need to be banned from attending any footy for life, it's a game, and any player that does something wrong will be suspended by the tribunal, doesn't need some dickhead on the boundary to try square the ledger

Why is this happening so often? It seems dickheads think it's ok to retaliate to what they thinks unjust on the field, the guys that started it need to be banned from attending any footy for life, it's a game, and any player that does something wrong will be suspended by the tribunal, doesn't need some dickhead on the boundary to try square the ledger

Yeah I wasn’t there.. but only reported on what I heard from trusted people. I even heard a few die hard Murch folk were involved in scuffles among so called Murch supporters trying to stop them from keep going. From the only footage I saw there were Murch/Toolamba folk trying to stop their own supporters. Die hard club supporters usually never want their club tarnished, and most Murch folk I know are just like Lancy folk.
However my fella was coward punched in the ribs today behind play on the QEO, and I am the biggest scaredy cat in the world, but at that moment if I had seen who whacked him I would have ran on the ground and I would have been the bad boy!

At the end of the day isn’t it on the club (today’s scenes)? Never seen anything like this from a Stanhope, Merrigum, Nagambie etc. I know great people involved with Lancy & Murch and they’re embarrassed.

Or did Bomber & Lion start it?

I’m a massive fan/advocate of KD footy, but with all due respect, IMO the standard of KD footy has come back quite a bit....

I haven’t the means to post it as it was shown to me on someone else’s phone, but the video I watched very clearly showed amongst the scuffle a Lancaster supporter that was laying on the ground get knocked out cold by being kicked in the head.

Allegedly the Lancaster bloke head butted the mother of one of the Murchison-Toolamba players, unclear on wether it was intentional or not just relaying what I’ve heard.

I didn’t attend the game and have heard everything from a friend who was a neutral spectator.

I do believe If any action or charges are to be made it will not be hard to identify the worst offenders with the amount of videos in circulation at the moment.

I haven’t the means to post it as it was shown to me on someone else’s phone, but the video I watched very clearly showed amongst the scuffle a Lancaster supporter that was laying on the ground get knocked out cold by being kicked in the head.

Allegedly the Lancaster bloke head butted the mother of one of the Murchison-Toolamba players, unclear on wether it was intentional or not just relaying what I’ve heard.

I didn’t attend the game and have heard everything from a friend who was a neutral spectator.

I do believe If any action or charges are to be made it will not be hard to identify the worst offenders with the amount of videos in circulation at the moment.
From the video posted on here every 2nd person seemed to have there phone out filming it... so should be no shortage if footage

A remarkable effort achieved by the Lancaster FNC yesterday. At the start of the season there were concerns Lancaster might not reach the heights of their undefeated season in 2021. With big improvements from teams such as Murch/Toolamba, Shepp East, Stanhope and Dookie, Lancaster might not finish in the top 4 but will be competitive due to their consistent depth. At the end of the Home & Away the predictions proved correct with Lancy making finals but not having a victory against any of the top 5 finishers.
However come finals, it was a very different team - determined and focused; winning tough.
For their Reserves to win as well and their thirds Runner- Up no doubt this year will go down as one of their great stories.
Personally, very proud of some of the individual efforts from players in both their premiership teams, as have been along side their journey through hardships and efforts to get on the park each week for a few years!
Go Batters!

Just when the KDFL thought they had the gold medal 🏅

The MCDFNL says, hold my beer.

Wait for the PLAYER

View attachment 1511640
That's unbelievable !!!. The only other time I saw a player jump the fence during a game was a bloke by the name of John Cambrey , playing for Avenel up at Merrigum, over 40 years ago....and the reason??....his hunting dogs were fighting each other in the back of his Ute!!!! 😂

John Bourke of Colllingwood got 16 weeks for jumping the fence and clocking a spectator after striking Pat Foy of Sydney and tripping ('kicking') umpire Phil Waight in a televised reserves match, acts which got him an additional 10 years. (I am almost ashamed to say I didn't need to fact check the name of the player and umpire in order to tell you that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Bourke of Colllingwood got 16 weeks for jumping the fence and clocking a spectator after striking Pat Foy of Sydney and tripping ('kicking') umpire Phil Waight in a televised reserves match, acts which got him an additional 10 years. (I am almost ashamed to say I didn't need to fact check the name of the player and umpire in order to tell you that).
You gotta get the boy off 😆

Wait for the PLAYER

View attachment 1511640

Story going around is someone was sledging the players kid, but the guy getting the hits at the start isn't the guy the player went for. Mr Red Shoes nobody was after but number 3 wanted a crack. Not sure if the sledging part holds up, looks like he saw his mate getting it and wanted a go then back into play for a kick

Story going around is someone was sledging the players kid, but the guy getting the hits at the start isn't the guy the player went for. Mr Red Shoes nobody was after but number 3 wanted a crack. Not sure if the sledging part holds up, looks like he saw his mate getting it and wanted a go then back into play for a kick

The lady in the red coat that can be sen in tbe footage is the players partner I am told

The lady in the red coat that can be sen in tbe footage is the players partner I am told
Even stranger. You'd think she'd be fuming at red boots rather than seemingly telling him to chill. It's either mistaken identity, or sticking up for the guy copping punches at the start

At the end of the day isn’t it on the club (today’s scenes)? Never seen anything like this from a Stanhope, Merrigum, Nagambie etc. I know great people involved with Lancy & Murch and they’re embarrassed.

Or did Bomber & Lion start it?

I’m a massive fan/advocate of KD footy, but with all due respect, IMO the standard of KD footy has come back quite a bit....
Not sure you can pin this on the clubs... this comes back to the individuals involved... It's not like the clubs organised this 'after match function'
As for the standard of KDFL footy... its been on a slow decline for years and the gap between the best teams and bottom teams is increasing.

Not sure you can pin this on the clubs... this comes back to the individuals involved... It's not like the clubs organised this 'after match function'
As for the standard of KDFL footy... its been on a slow decline for years and the gap between the best teams and bottom teams is increasing.
And that last bit jayco spot on .
And it's happening across quite a few leagues around the state.

A fair call Jayco, people make their own choices. My mail is there is some bitter disappointment from the clubs involved regarding how some of their own chose to respond in what was a really ugly incident - I know it wasn’t just people associated with clubs playing in the senior GF. Clubs will deal with it how see fit, but we don’t need this shit overshadowing what is often the best & most memorable days in people’s footy. KD takes another hit now in terms of reputation, which let’s be honest it couldn’t afford.

In terms of footy standard, agree on the decline but I’d argue not just the distance between top and bottom. IMO probably 6 of the top 8 have fielded far stronger sides in the last 5 years.

I didn’t mention it earlier but I should have, a huge congrats to Lancy on what they’ve achieved this year. Massive effort & they have some ripping people involved - hope the boys are still going strong 🍺

A fair call Jayco, people make their own choices. My mail is there is some bitter disappointment from the clubs involved regarding how some of their own chose to respond in what was a really ugly incident - I know it wasn’t just people associated with clubs playing in the senior GF. Clubs will deal with it how see fit, but we don’t need this s**t overshadowing what is often the best & most memorable days in people’s footy. KD takes another hit now in terms of reputation, which let’s be honest it couldn’t afford.

In terms of footy standard, agree on the decline but I’d argue not just the distance between top and bottom. IMO probably 6 of the top 8 have fielded far stronger sides in the last 5 years.

I didn’t mention it earlier but I should have, a huge congrats to Lancy on what they’ve achieved this year. Massive effort & they have some ripping people involved - hope the boys are still going strong 🍺
You see this on the increase in the crowds at AFL level, many of the guys in the fights I'd hazard a guess haven't played much footy and carry on like dickheads. Footy is a game, we don't need people coming to a grand final for a punch on, that was the great thing about our game, opposition supporters can sit amongst one another and support, bit of banter and have a laugh, punching on after a game, when you're not involved or jumping the fence isn't part of our game and those guys can piss off from attending any games of footy for life

Wait for the PLAYER

View attachment 1511640
Ten year anniversary of the Airs Austin fracas. Austin jumped the fence and ascended the stands to take on Airs following what was determined to be a disgraceful comment by Airs to the Undera bench regarding the recent death of an Undera player. As long as this rubbish keeps cropping up, parents and young people will continue to abandon physically competitive sport.

Ten year anniversary of the Airs Austin fracas. Austin jumped the fence and ascended the stands to take on Airs following what was determined to be a disgraceful comment by Airs to the Undera bench regarding the recent death of an Undera player. As long as this rubbish keeps cropping up, parents and young people will continue to abandon physically competitive sport.
Nice to have you back Woody... shame about the circumstances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back