Kyle Chalmers - Port Adelaide Ambassador

Remove this Banner Ad

Its rare that big finals between 2 or 3 champions and either are favourites live up to expectations.

But Chalmers v Dressel and Titmus v Ledecky have.

Well done Kyle. Awesome race, and that Silver is no disgrace! He gave it all out there, but as he mentioned in the interview, the shower time in the semi and getting an outside Lane was probably the difference between Silver and Gold.

He swam faster than he's ever done before, lost by a fraction of a second to a guy who swam faster than any other man has done in this event at any Olympics ever, and he's still not satisfied.

* getting him on the list, I want him on the board.

He swam faster than he's ever done before, lost by a fraction of a second to a guy who swam faster than any other man has done in this event at any Olympics ever, and he's still not satisfied.

fu** getting him on the list, I want him on the board.
If he cannot play, make him the coach

Well done Kyle. Awesome race, and that Silver is no disgrace! He gave it all out there, but as he mentioned in the interview, the shower time in the semi and getting an outside Lane was probably the difference between Silver and Gold.

Thorpie was explaining (before the final started) that being in lane 7 meant that because he breathes to the right he wouldn't be able to keep tabs on Dressel and Kolesnikov in the last 50m - he would only see lane 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** getting him on the list, I want him on the board.
That's why Olympic athletes in individual sports are indeed elite athletes. Train 4 years and can lose a gold medal by a few hundreds of a second.

Can't afford to shank a kick for goal from 30m out and say its ok I'll make up for it later.

Look at Jess Fox the other day, lost a gold and a silver medal by her chin barely touching a gate.

Its a harsh profession being an Olympic athlete in an individual sport who face match day pressure that nearly all of the big team sports athletes in Oz domestic competition will never face.

That's why Olympic athletes in individual sports are indeed elite athletes. Train 4 years and can lose a gold medal by a few hundreds of a second.

Can't afford to shank a kick for goal from 30m out and say its ok I'll make up for it later.

Look at Jess Fox the other day, lost a gold and a silver medal by her chin barely touching a gate.

Its a harsh profession being an Olympic athlete in an individual sport who face match day pressure that nearly all of the big team sports athletes in Oz domestic competition will never face.

That's why I never tried to compete at the Olympics. So much pressure compressed into a moment.

Oh and that whole athletic ability thing... :p

That's why I never tried to compete at the Olympics. So much pressure compressed into a moment.

Oh and that whole athletic ability thing... :p

You can start calling yourself an Olympic hopeful though. You don't have to fill out a form or anything

Unlucky, I’m sure he’ll regain the gold in 3 years. I’d definitely get him on the board.

Hopefully the yank who won that race isn’t one of the 100 anti-vaxxers

Last edited:
Unlucky, I’m sure he’ll regain the gold in 3 years. I’d definitely get him on the board
Doubt that will happen.

I think that has only ever been done twice before, by men anyway, where someone has won gold, missed, then came back and won. Phelps in the 200m Butterfly in Rio, who else, and the great Russian 1,500m swimmer Vladimir Salnikov who won in Moscow, had to miss LA because of the eastern boycott then won in Seoul. After the race, after all the press conferences, around midnight, he went to the food hall to eat something and he got a standing ovation from about 300 athletes and coaches from all sports and all nations who were in there. They knew how rare an achievement it was

Doubt that will happen.

I think that has only ever been done twice before, by men anyway, where someone has won gold, missed, then came back and won. Phelps in the 200m Butterfly in Rio, who else, and the great Russian 1,500m swimmer Vladimir Salnikov who won in Moscow, had to miss LA because of the eastern boycott then won in Seoul. After the race, after all the press conferences, around midnight, he went to the food hall to eat something and he got a standing ovation from about 300 athletes and coaches from all sports and all nations who were in there. They knew how rare an achievement it was
that a true story? If so, that would be some wild content to have seen....

that a true story? If so, that would be some wild content to have seen....
Yes its true. David Wallechinsky has put it in his bible book about the Olympics, that used to come out every 4 years and was 1,200+ pages, in every edition between 1992 and 2012. He stopped doing it because he said the internet and wikipedia had made his book somewhat unnecessary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back