Kyle Chalmers - Port Adelaide Ambassador

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why Olympic athletes in individual sports are indeed elite athletes. Train 4 years and can lose a gold medal by a few hundreds of a second.

Can't afford to shank a kick for goal from 30m out and say its ok I'll make up for it later.

Look at Jess Fox the other day, lost a gold and a silver medal by her chin barely touching a gate.

Its a harsh profession being an Olympic athlete in an individual sport who face match day pressure that nearly all of the big team sports athletes in Oz domestic competition will never face.
This!

These people can rightly say with pride "I am an Olympian" and deep inside know that the are elite, and belong in the pantheon of the Gods more than mere mortals.

And good on Jess Fox too.
Deserves the ultimat accolade after so many near misses, after being acclaimed multiple years as the best paddler on the planet.

Love seeing athletes from ALL countries win, and the absolute unbridled joy, even astonishment, and of course emotion that accompanies it.

, and the great Russian 1,500m swimmer Vladimir Salnikov who won in Moscow, had to miss LA because of the eastern boycott then won in Seoul. After the race, after all the press conferences, around midnight, he went to the food hall to eat something and he got a standing ovation from about 300 athletes and coaches from all sports and all nations who were in there. They knew how rare an achievement it was
Gun

And good on Jess Fox too.
Deserves the ultimat accolade after so many near misses, after being acclaimed multiple years as the best paddler on the planet.

Love seeing athletes from ALL countries win, and the absolute unbridled joy, even astonishment, and of course emotion that accompanies it.
Except the poms. Finishing behind them on the table really WOULD be a national emergency :p

How's Jonas' message congratulating Kyle, and he basically admits Kyle could take his spot in the Port side because, in his words "hes just about done with it..." Obviously, its said with a laugh, but that doesnt look great when your skipper says that.
Jonas is 31 next year, he won't be around for many more years.

I reckon Kyle should come on board next year , if it looks like it’s a bridge too far he would still have the time to get back for the next Olympics and it works he can strive to be an Olympic Gold Medalist and AFL Premiership player with the team he loves . What a life

How's Jonas' message congratulating Kyle, and he basically admits Kyle could take his spot in the Port side because, in his words "hes just about done with it..." Obviously, its said with a laugh, but that doesnt look great when your skipper says that.
Visuals please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ports social
Wrong. Big Footy.

Wake up Rick. You want to win a flag or dissolve crowslite into the sunset?

This is about our #1 wearing captain who is a disaster kicking out, and shouldn’t be given the ball to kick out ever again. The Club this week knows this.

Now, perhaps consequently, our captain is putting it out in the public domain that Kyle Chalmers is better than he is and can take over from him any time he likes.

Joke? Maybe. But this is not something I want to hear, even hearsay, from our captain.

Now … effing visuals please. I am serious. Are you?

Wrong. Big Footy.

This is about our #1 wearing captain who is a disaster kicking out, and shouldn’t be given the ball to kick out ever again. The Club this week knows this.

Now, perhaps consequently, our captain is putting it out in the public domain that Kyle Chalmers is better than he is and can take over from him any time he likes.

Joke? Maybe. But this is not something I want to hear, even hearsay, from our captain.

1627556387216.png

Wrong. Big Footy.

Here.

Wrong. Big Footy.

Chill out dude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back