Recommitted Kysaiah Pickett [Re-Signed till 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be honest, if the crows could secure Redman as a free agent and maybe a himmelberg as well, i'd offer up this years and next years 1sts for pickett with hopefully a future 2nd coming back. With how we are structuring up, he would compliment our forward and onball division fantastically
Would be a scary addition to the crows side I reckon. Already looking potent up forward but geez it would be threatening to have the option of rotating rankine, kozzy, rachele etc. through the midfield while still having top class smalls inside 50.

Yeah I get that, but I still don't see how he ever could have been ranked first
Have to disagree on that. When gold coast looked like a finals chance for a bit last year during their purple patch upsetting sides like Sydney its no surprise that's when Rankine was running hot.

Have to disagree on that. When gold coast looked like a finals chance for a bit last year during their purple patch upsetting sides like Sydney its no surprise that's when Rankine was running hot.
We will have to agree to disagree then

He kicked two goals against Sydney, did not kick one either of the two weeks prior and none the week after

Averaged about 12 touches and half a goal in that month of footy

He did have a good month of footy after the half way mark. Maybe that is the period you are referring to but it didn't last overly long

We will have to agree to disagree then

He kicked two goals against Sydney, did not kick one either of the two weeks prior and none the week after

Averaged about 12 touches and half a goal in that month of footy

He did have a good month of footy after the half way mark. Maybe that is the period you are referring to but it didn't last overly long
Looking at a basic stat sheet doesn't show true impact on matches in many cases.

I just looked it up out of curiosity here's a brief summary...
Screenshot_2023-04-14_171921.jpg

Looking at a basic stat sheet doesn't show true impact on matches in many cases.

I just looked it up out of curiosity here's a brief summary...
View attachment 1660201
Ok, I must have misread your first post by the sounds of it. I thought we were going off the first half of the year.

He did have some very good games just after halfway

Ok, I must have misread your first post by the sounds of it. I thought we were going off the first half of the year.

No just a patch of the year hence how it's easy to get a #1 rank if you select the right weeks, but yeah he had a fair year last year on a number of fronts. Probably more impressive given he played for the GC who were hardly an attacking juggernaut. Not easy to play forward of the ball in such a team.

Only "some" very good??? Didn't we discussed this previously and I said he was easily worth pick 5 had he shown what he did what he did in the 2nd half of last year for the entire year.....well he has at the Crows so he is definitely worth pick 5 :)

So whats it been? Stengle last year, Rankine, Cameron, Rachelle... Papley tonight... Absolutely tearing teams apart in this fast paced modern footy. Does anyone really believe that an A grade small forward isn't worth plenty? They may not used to have held as much currency in the market but **** I'd give my left nut for any one of those players in todays game. Not only do they hit the scoreboard but they also set goals up for others as well as any player on the field.

So whats it been? Stengle last year, Rankine, Cameron, Rachelle... Papley tonight... Absolutely tearing teams apart in this fast paced modern footy. Does anyone really believe that an A grade small forward isn't worth plenty? They may not used to have held as much currency in the market but **** I'd give my left nut for any one of those players in todays game. Not only do they hit the scoreboard but they also set goals up for others as well as any player on the field.
You could always try and talk eddie betts out of retirement😉

Yeah I get that, but I still don't see how he ever could have been ranked first
Also included things like pressure acts.

Coincided with a couple of the other teams having form slumps and their general forwards dropping based on that. Melbourne dropped (I think) 4 out of 5 games with the only team they beat being a bottom 4 side. Sydney lost to Gold Coast and Essendon, Port were up and down like a yoyo and Hawkins and Cameron (along with Geelong) playing that well that no individual was getting a huge look in stats wise which is what their rankings are based off of.

These are just teams off the top of my head so could be things I've missed.

Only "some" very good??? Didn't we discussed this previously and I said he was easily worth pick 5 had he shown what he did what he did in the 2nd half of last year for the entire year.....well he has at the Crows so he is definitely worth pick 5 :)
Haha, look who's come around

The months you spent telling everyone pick 5 wasn't going to get traded for Rankine was some entertaining reading

I bet you are a little happier about it now after that mighty meltdown

Haha, look who's come around

The months you spent telling everyone pick 5 wasn't going to get traded for Rankine was some entertaining reading

I bet you are a little happier about it now after that mighty meltdown
Hence I was surprise you forgot :) And I did say Rankine was easily worth pick 10 but had he shown his 2nd half form last year for the entire year then he was easily worth pick 5 so technically I was correct ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be honest, if the crows could secure Redman as a free agent and maybe a himmelberg as well, i'd offer up this years and next years 1sts for pickett with hopefully a future 2nd coming back. With how we are structuring up, he would compliment our forward and onball division fantastically

I think Crows are more likely to land Lukosius, and Port get Pickett

I think Crows are more likely to land Lukosius, and Port get Pickett
I agree Port are much more likely to get Pickett if he leaves. Lukosius has signed until 2026 IIRC..and he is looking his best mor eup forward and that is the area the crows seem to be bet served so I think it unlikely there is a play made for Lukosius...but Port might be in that picture too

Port need to address their needs. They are screaming out for a KPD and a ruck. Lycett is beyond cooked.

Last thing they need is another front runner

Port need to address their needs. They are screaming out for a KPD and a ruck. Lycett is beyond cooked.

Last thing they need is another front runner
Port won't chase a ruckman, they have 2 young ruckman waiting in the wings. Playing Lycett is just a stop gap measure while they recover from injury / develop. I agree with the need for a KPD. Although, given how quality KPD don't grow on trees and Port aren't great at turning I50s into goals it's possible they'll try to bolster their attack and "out shoot out" their opponents.

Port won't chase a ruckman, they have 2 young ruckman waiting in the wings. Playing Lycett is just a stop gap measure while they recover from injury / develop. I agree with the need for a KPD. Although, given how quality KPD don't grow on trees and Port aren't great at turning I50s into goals it's possible they'll try to bolster their attack and "out shoot out" their opponents.

i think they will. They are in win now mode given they sold the farm for jhf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back