Recommitted Kysaiah Pickett [Re-Signed till 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry but you can't call Trengove a bust despite his career being hampered with his foot injury yet at the same time excuse Salopek, Jacobs and Lobbe. That's massive double standards.

That was the entire point - you threw a bunch of non-busts and guys that were actually good but couldn't keep their body together. So I did to.

Back on Pickett, before Eski3 and I derail the thread completely. I wonder just how big a loss he would be for Melbourne. The forwardline is their weakest part of the ground already and they'd have basically nothing to replace his 40 goals a year. I'd argue he'd be a bigger loss than Jackson (though not worth as much on trade table).

Agreee. He'd be a massive loss.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Byron’s son (North FS) has just moved to Melbourne this week.

Assume he will be moving in/spending a lot of time with Kozzy.

Why did Port let Choppy (Byron Pickett) finish his career at the Dees anyway ?

Never understood that.

It's 2 first round picks over a ROLLING 4 year period!!! Which part of that is difficult to understand??

Anyway, I couldn't give a rat's tossbag whether you get him or not....but good luck trying to strike a deal when you finally realise you have no draft currency to trade without AFL approval. Maybe a straight swap of Pickett and Butters could get the deal done though. Seems fair.
"No AFL club will be shackled with trade restrictions this year – at least when it comes to first-round draft picks – in a development that could unlock an explosion of player movement."

"No AFL club will be shackled with trade restrictions this year – at least when it comes to first-round draft picks – in a development that could unlock an explosion of player movement."

Great news!! It's about time the AFL did away with those bullshit rules and stopped trying to act as list managers.

Looks like the shackles are off - good luck with the negotiations if it pans out that way.

Can’t see him hanging around victoria beyond this year.
Doubt he goes back to SA either , he really only went there for the guidance his father could provide in a football sense, clearly he doesn’t need that anymore.
Nope, it ll be WA (freo specifically)where he ends up .
The place where he grew up and where so much of his family and friends are.

As for trade cost a f1 and some steak knives should do it.

Can’t see him hanging around victoria beyond this year.
Doubt he goes back to SA either , he really only went there for the guidance his father could provide in a football sense, clearly he doesn’t need that anymore.
Nope, it ll be WA (freo specifically)where he ends up .
The place where he grew up and where so much of his family and friends are.

As for trade cost a f1 and some steak knives should do it.

Would have thought that it was 60/40 WA/SA if he decides to leave Vic. Presumably he made a few friends in the couple of years he was in SA and if his home life was amazing, I don't think he would have been shipped off to his Uncle's (not father). Correct on the f1 + steak knives ;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I wouldn’t trade Kozzy for Rankin. And I’d value similar if not Kozzy higher. However we can only get what other teams have. That’s the issue.
yeah I agree. And after getting unders for Luke Jackson, getting unders for Pickett would be almost a mini rebuild having about 4 first rounders in 2 drafts.

yeah I agree. And after getting unders for Luke Jackson, getting unders for Pickett would be almost a mini rebuild having about 4 first rounders in 2 drafts.
It’s going to hurt big time if we lose Pickett. And agree unders for 2 gun players is insane. But can’t do much about it. Let’s hope he signs.

It’s going to hurt big time if we lose Pickett. And agree unders for 2 gun players is insane. But can’t do much about it. Let’s hope he signs.
yeah, it's a big kick up the backside for the recruiting team for ignoring the go home factor and picking up 2 interstate players in the first round of the same draft. Yes, we won the flag but losing 2x 12 year players so early would be a watershed moment for the football club with long term consequences. It also means we'd have to probably use 2 first rounders to go up the draft order and take Nick Watson, a small fwd. So essentially it'd be OUT: Luke Jackson, Kozzie Pickett IN: Matthew Jefferson and Nick Watson. Hoping that at best one of them turns in to be half the player of the player we lost. *Shudders.

Look I wouldn’t trade Kozzy for Rankin. And I’d value similar if not Kozzy higher. However we can only get what other teams have. That’s the issue.
If I had to pick one of them, I'd take Kosi too.
As to trade value, it may be tough if he picks a finals contender like Freo.
Adelaide are out of the race and Port used up all their trade capital on JHF.

Might be a case of getting as much as possible but it still being unders based on what he's shown so far.

If I had to pick one of them, I'd take Kosi too.
As to trade value, it may be tough if he picks a finals contender like Freo.
Adelaide are out of the race and Port used up all their trade capital on JHF.

Might be a case of getting as much as possible but it still being unders based on what he's shown so far.
yeah exactly. and it looks like Pickett is going to show some midfield capabilities too. But I guess, it's never been a fair competition so us dees fans just have to suck it up but if we slide down the ladder, losing Jackson and Pickett for no picks in the 10 is the reason why. An absolute farce.

yeah exactly. and it looks like Pickett is going to show some midfield capabilities too. But I guess, it's never been a fair competition so us dees fans just have to suck it up but if we slide down the ladder, losing Jackson and Pickett for no picks in the 10 is the reason why. An absolute farce.
Both helped you win a flag and then played out their contracts. If this was the NBA you'd get zilch for them. Suck it up.

Both helped you win a flag and then played out their contracts. If this was the NBA you'd get zilch for them. Suck it up.

It's not the NBA though, so why bring that up ?

They shouldn't have to suck it up if Kozi goes and Freo or Port Adelaide offer laughably insulting offers like a 2nd round pick and a crud surplus offer

If that is the best either club can come up with, the Dees should say stuff if and send Kozi into the PSD and let the Eagles get him for free.

Melbourne certainly ain't going to bend to your Interstate clubs whims, Georgiades to Eagles for a mid first round pick, on traded to Melbourne for Kozi, everyone goes home happy.

It's not the NBA though, so why bring that up ?

They shouldn't have to suck it up if Kozi goes and Freo or Port Adelaide offer laughably insulting offers like a 2nd round pick and a crud surplus offer

If that is the best either club can come up with, the Dees should say stuff if and send Kozi into the PSD and let the Eagles get him for free.

Melbourne certainly ain't going to bend to your Interstate clubs whims, Georgiades to Eagles for a mid first round pick, on traded to Melbourne for Kozi, everyone goes home happy.
how is a mid first round pick enough for Pickett. He's one of the best small forwards in the league and was taken at pick 12. In contract he's worth 2 top 10 picks. Out of contract, he's worth as much as Jackson which was 2 firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back