Traded Lachlan Fogarty [traded with #38 to Carlton for #30 and #51]

Who won this trade?

• Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Please not another Lang. Please not another Lang. Please not another Lang.
I think he has more upside than Lang, I would say right now talent wise they're about the same but Lang had clearly peaked when he went to Carlton, where as I think Fogarty can continue to improve. Tbh I wish we kept him but I don't blame him for wanting to move.

I think he has more upside than Lang, I would say right now talent wise they're about the same but Lang had clearly peaked when he went to Carlton, where as I think Fogarty can continue to improve. Tbh I wish we kept him but I don't blame him for wanting to move.

Agreed. Lang and Smedts had realised their potential (and it wasn't good) by the time they reached Carlton.
I don't rate Fogerty either, but at least there could be some improvement in him.

I'm afraid I don't know too much about him. Should we sack our list manager, or do I rub this one in the cat supporters faces?

To be honest, I think its neither and is a win/win for both clubs. He wasn't able to get a consistent game at Geelong, but is probably good enough to be in best 22 in a lot of other clubs. He isn't Lang or Smedst.

A decent player who will immediately slot into Carlton's best 22. Good pickup :thumbsu:
I think that's the upside for cats fans. He's better than the VFL but wasn't breaking into our midfield. To let him go for nothing is a bit of slap in the face but we do owe Carlton one or two on that front.

Will be good to see him play consistently in a midfield role. I reckon he'll thrive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pickup from the Blues.

And dirt cheap.
He comes with a greeting card around his neck that reads:

"Sorry for Smedts and Lang.

love, S Wells"

Tough, decent hands in traffic. Just don't play him in the forward line like we did.

Wherever it was Cats fans told us not to play Smedts, I remember we did exactly what you said not to do.

Wherever it was Cats fans told us not to play Smedts, I remember we did exactly what you said not to do.
To be fair I don't think it would have mattered with him.

Just hover over onto our board and you'll see a lot of our fans are upset at losing Fog, never had that with either Lang or Smedts.

To be fair I don't think it would have mattered with him.

Just hover over onto our board and you'll see a lot of our fans are upset at losing Fog, never had that with either Lang or Smedts.
We were honestly cheering when we got rid of Smedts

Back