Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

For his effort Crosby was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week. And after terrorizing the Ravens, he figures to spend most of Sunday’s game lined up opposite Pittsburgh right tackle Chukwuma Okorafor, who struggled in Week 1 (earning an abysmal pass-blocking grade of 16.1 from Pro Football Focus).

Raiders placed QB Marcus Mariota on injured reserve with a quad injury.
Mariota made it exactly one snap into the season before requiring a trip to the reserve list. It was a doozy, as he gained 31 yards on a designed quarterback run. Now he will miss at least the next three games before first being eligible to return in Week 5 against the Bears.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Raiders RB Peyton Barber is expected to "handle some of the lead back duties" in Week 2 against the Steelers.
Kenyan Drake, the expected starter with Josh Jacobs (ankle) out, won't be stepping into the lead back role, according to Rapoport. This falls in line with coach Jon Gruden's comments, who talked up Barber at Friday's press conference. There's a good chance Drake still leads the Raiders in Week 2 snaps, but Barber looks like the one-for-one replacement for Jacobs as the favorite for early down and red-zone work.

Assuming Ferrell's back didn't flare up causing him to miss the game, I think we can safely assume dude is a bust. It's not his fault he was drafted with the #4 pick

We haven't been able to find out if he is any good coz he was ill the first two years. Now he has an injury. Seeing we have a few Dlinemen out injured he will possibly come in and play more snaps than he should and not do that well

We haven't been able to find out if he is any good coz he was ill the first two years. Now he has an injury. Seeing we have a few Dlinemen out injured he will possibly come in and play more snaps than he should and not do that well

He was ill? Him getting covid last year didn't affect his performance over the course of the season.

He was ill? Him getting covid last year didn't affect his performance over the course of the season.

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Most people who have coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) recover completely within a few weeks. But some people — even those who had mild versions of the disease — continue to experience symptoms after their initial recovery.

These people sometimes describe themselves as "long haulers" and the conditions have been called post-COVID-19 syndrome or "long COVID-19." These health issues are sometimes called post-COVID-19 conditions. They're generally considered to be effects of COVID-19 that persist for more than four weeks after you've been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Most people who have coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) recover completely within a few weeks. But some people — even those who had mild versions of the disease — continue to experience symptoms after their initial recovery.

These people sometimes describe themselves as "long haulers" and the conditions have been called post-COVID-19 syndrome or "long COVID-19." These health issues are sometimes called post-COVID-19 conditions. They're generally considered to be effects of COVID-19 that persist for more than four weeks after you've been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.

I am well familiar with the concept of "Long Covid," I am a healthcare practitioner.

It is similar to that of what some people can get with other virus (post-viral syndrome). But I can assure you if Ferrell had post-viral issues, he wouldn't be on the field.

On a brighter note - impressive win today. Carr looking like an early-season MVP candidate. Need to get the run game going - but right now the team is looking quite strong. A potential 3-0 start next week would be their best start since 2002.

Right where we belong, back on top of the AFC.

Long way to go and we know how the last couple of seasons ended but banking these wins now will be great in confidence building.

That rainbow to Ruggs was an MVP worthy play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) is "very questionable" for the team's Week 3 game against the Dolphins.
Jacobs missed the Raiders' second game of the year while dealing with toe and ankle injuries that he suffered in Week 1. He didn't practice at all last week and Gruden's comment makes it sound like he doesn't expect to have Jacobs back for Week 3. Peyton Barber saw 13 carries to Kenyan Drake's seven totes in their win over the Steelers. Both backs were ineffective runners but Drake was active as a receiver, reeling in five passes for 46 yards. Drake will be in the RB2 conversation in PPR leagues but Barber's split of the rush attempts caps his ceiling

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said Derek Carr (ankle) is "questionable" for the team's Week 3 game against the Dolphins.
Gruden added that he believes Carr will be able to play in Week 3 but his status will be worth monitoring throughout the week. Carr labored through the injury in the Raiders' Week 2 win over the Steelers. He was able to finish the game but it was obvious that he was fighting through something. Carr underwent an MRI on his ankle and Gruden didn't mention any major issues. If he is able to play this week, Carr will be a solid QB2 option versus the Dolphins. Carr currently leads the league with 817 passing yards and has been nearly flawless through two games.

Raiders released CB Nevin Lawson.
The Raiders are dealing with a handful of injuries at other positions, forcing them to abandon the cornerback depth that Lawson offers. The team hopes to bring him back on their practice squad following the release. Lawson just completed his two-game PED suspension and is now eligible to return if the Raiders choose to call him up from the practice squad or if he signs with a new team.

Had to get someone.

In need of offensive line depth to deal with a slew of injuries, the Raiders are signing offensive tackle Jackson Barton off the practice squad of the Giants and adding him to the 53-man roster.

Originally a seventh-round pick of the Indianapolis Colts in 2019, the 6-foot-7, 300-pound Barton has spent time with the Kansas City Chiefs and Giants over the last three seasons

The Raiders converted $4.25M of LB Cory Littleton's base salary into a roster bonus, creating $3.4M in cap space.

, big opportunity next week v Miami at home with no Tua to be 3-0

Tua Tagovailoa won't play in Sunday's Week 3 matchup at the 2-0 Las Vegas Raiders. Jacoby Brissett will get the start for the 1-1 Miami Dolphins.

Brissett is 12-20 in his career as a starter (11-19 with Indianapolis and 1-1 with New England). His last start came in 2019 in Indy.

Brissett's average time to throw the last 5 seasons is 2.9 seconds, the 5th-longest in the NFL. It's led to him being pressured on 34% of his dropbacks, the 6th-highest rate in the NFL since 2017.

Only two teams have allowed QB pressure on more than 50% of their dropbacks through Week 2, per
@PFF
: New York Jets (52%) Miami Dolphins (55%)

Vincent Bonsignore Las Vegas Review-Journal

When it got right down to it, Denzel Perryman no longer wanted to be on the outside looking in on his own team. All personal thoughts and beliefs aside, he just wanted to be all in with the Raiders.

Hence, his decision to finally get vaccinated for COVID-19 shortly after arriving in Las Vegas from Charlotte after the Raiders traded for the veteran linebacker at the end of training camp.

He insists his decision to hold off throughout training camp with the Panthers was not about taking a stance against the vaccination. And the decision to move ahead with it wasn’t the result of some great awakening.

As far as any side effects, Perryman said he didn’t experience anything out of the ordinary. Nah, I’m good man,” Perryman said. “I told you, man, God is my vaccination.”

On the field, Perryman has been nothing short of a revelation for a revitalized Raiders defense that is showing signs it is finally capable of being an asset after years of being a liability.

In spite of joining the team in late August, Perryman has made a seamless transition as the starting middle linebacker and leads the Raiders in tackles with 22.

His knowledge of Gus Bradley’s defense after playing under him for the Chargers the last four years gives him a great command of his individual responsibilities and has created a sort of coach-on-the-field component.

“Them bringing me in, and just talking with the coaches, they expect me to be a leader,” Perryman said. “Me personally, I just feel like I come in and do my job. Lead by example. Lead by my play. And when I have to say something, I feel like guys listen. But that’s just me.”

The Raiders’ staff is highly appreciative.

“Getting a guy like Perryman is huge for us,” said Raiders coach Jon Gruden after Perryman came up with 12 tackles on Sunday against the Steelers. “He’s a helluva player.”

In that respect, Perryman joins fellow Bradley pupils — and Raiders’ newcomers — in linebacker K.J. Wright, defensive end Yannick Ngakoue and cornerback Casey Hayward as playmakers and teachers at all three levels of the defense.

It helps that the new man in the middle plays and acts the part of a defensive anchor.

“He’s got a presence about him,” Bradley said. “When he’s in the huddle, they feel him. He’s very explosive. He’s kind of a big hitter, good tackler. So he understands things and really believes in it too. So that always helps.”

Nevertheless, even Perryman is a bit surprised how fast it’s all come together for the Raiders’ defense.

“I remember my first time getting into this defense and this system and it took me a while to grasp,” Perryman said. “But I guess just having guys on the team with experience, with the coaches explaining the defense, it’s not surprising but it is surprising, if that makes sense.

Carr practiced in full on Wednesday, erasing some fear that his ankle injury could worsen and hold him out of Sunday’s Week 3 game at home against Miami. He said he’s treated it ever since the end of the win against the Steelers, going to exhaustive, secretive lengths to make sure he doesn’t miss any time.

That should be no surprise, because although it’s early, this season has the potential to be the season Carr has waited for. It has the potential to be a season where Carr gets enough help from those around him to breed the team success that his personal numbers have long indicated was possible.

The acclaim for Carr might be new, but his production isn’t.

“I still have to find a way to play at a high level regardless of what’s going on,” he said. “I don’t want or need a perfect situation, man. I just want guys that love football and will compete with me. That’s definitely something we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back