Leon Cameron - is he the man?

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do the Giants board/admin keep persisting with this mug ?

Wasting one of the most talent laden lists ever assembled in the AFL era without a flag to show for it ?
lack of a good replacement?

reckon clarkson will go to the suns, c. scott staying with geelong. maybe if richmond have a bad year, dimma might put his hand up rather than oversee the rebuild.

lack of a good replacement?

reckon clarkson will go to the suns, c. scott staying with geelong. maybe if richmond have a bad year, dimma might put his hand up rather than oversee the rebuild.

I think Dimma will take over at Port at the end of the season tbh, unless the Pear win the flag (highly unlikely)

I think Dimma will take over at Port at the end of the season tbh, unless the Pear win the flag (highly unlikely)
hmm never thought of that.

would be a good choice.

but yeah, not sure who could coach the giants unless clarkson wants to go there but I reckon the AFL will pitch in and make an offer he can't refuse.

hmm never thought of that.

would be a good choice.

but yeah, not sure who could coach the giants unless clarkson wants to go there but I reckon the AFL will pitch in and make an offer he can't refuse.
I think they should poach Don Pyke from the Swans. He's moulded a team into a contender before and won't have far to travel.

It's one of life's great mysteries how Leon Cameron has managed to coach the Giants for 10 of their 11 years of existence in the AFL. He has never struck me as a particularly charismatic leader, impressive speaker or great ambassador for his club. I'm sure he knows his footy. But his teams have often won games through sheer talent despite being outplayed by better structured, better coached, less talented opposition. That has been visible to the naked eye.

I don't think he is a bad coach, by any means. He twice got them into a Prelim Final and once into a Grand Final. I just think there are better coaches out there. It just seems odd to me that the AFL would pump over $200 million into this club and give them about 30 top ten draft picks over the last decade. But they'd stick with the same coach for 10 years who has consistently failed to deliver on all the potential they've oozed.

Horrible coach. Just not impressive in any way. They have the most talented list hit the whole culture of the way the team plays is off. If Clarkson. Hardwick, Longmore, Simpson or Buckley were coaching them the last five years they would have multiple flags.
And Ross Lyon too LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do the Giants board/admin keep persisting with this mug ?

Wasting one of the most talent laden lists ever assembled in the AFL era without a flag to show for it ?
AFL in a conundrum come year's end.
Where to send Clarko.
Gws or Suns.🤔

Not much supporters can do when the Chairman of the Giants is apparently BFF's with Cameron (as far as I can ascertain)

This is just another Koch/Ken at Port jobs for mates 4 life scenario.

Board members, especially the chairman/person or Presidenr simply cannot have a cordial and personal friendship with the coach of their club.

They are blinded by understandable mateship and loyalty to not able to see how ordinary a coach they have running their footy team (case in point Eddie and Buckley at the Pies)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back