Strategy Lets Get Longmire?

Should we do it?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the idea of Hodge but he needs an assistant stint proper and we just can't take the punt on someone straight out of playing for the main gig we've ****** up too much in recent history.

Already the successor to Clarkson IMO. That's why he came back from West Coast to the Hawks. He'll never leave Hawthorn.

Give him a senior job he will leave. Clarkson is signed until the end of 2022, Mitchell ain't going to wait another 4 years if the opportunity arises.
He has shown he is ambitious by going to Perth and on the field he wasn't quick but he had a fantastic football brain plus is not long out of the game, not to mention the amount of success he has been part of.

I think it's time to go full circle and bring back the playing coach.

Wait, co-playing coaches.. Even better.

I say Dan Houston and Willem Drew.

I'm all for getting an actual horse to coach us.

hqdefault.jpg

Longmire is a no from me. Need someone with extensive assistant coach experience and an advantage of spending some time in the coaches box with clarkson would be good too. Maybe Scott burns is worth a look? currently assistant at Hawthorn spent good time at west coast and colingwood. If there is no experience candidate out there or think none of our current assistants are ready burns may be a good choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that would get bums on seats to watch Longmires exciting brand of footy (not). Why go after the apprentice when the master in Roos is still kicking about?

Hodge is a terrible idea and you all should be ashamed.
I'll put it down to the group delirium of last night.

I'd go with Brad Scott. We may not win any more games, but the quality of the reaction gifs we'd get to show our scorn with would be excellent.

I feel "Bring Back Jack" is an old but gold gag.

It's the "there are literally no other options but sack Ken anyway" sort of thing.

When ever a coach is on the nose, it always starts with a few off the cuff "bring back jack" posts. They aren't serious, but at the same time they are.

It's the self-deprecating canary in the coal mine if you will.

Back