Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

He mentioned Beau Waters there - he turned out to be a very fine fellow, despite going to the the Weagles at the height of their 'Life In The Fast Lane' excesses. Very unlucky with injuries was Beau, or would've been a superstar. Would love to have had him at Port.

He mentioned Beau Waters there - he turned out to be a very fine fellow, despite going to the the Weagles at the height of their 'Life In The Fast Lane' excesses. Very unlucky with injuries was Beau, or would've been a superstar. Would love to have had him at Port.

I was a big fan of Waters. Reminded me of Wilbur actually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea I figured, he doesn't remind me of Scott Hodges in the slightest.
The first quarter of the internal trial in February after he was drafted, he did one thing that reminded me of Scott Hodges. He attacked every contest he was in and just leap hard into a pack or into his opponent to try and mark the ball. Probably did it 8 times.

After the trial, Tredders said he reminded him of a young Clive Waterhouse, attacking the ball and jumping at everything. I didn't see much of a young Clive, living in Sydney at the time, but I did see a young Scott Hodges, and he and MG, attack the ball in a marking contest in a similar way.

The first quarter of the internal trial in February after he was drafted, he did one thing that reminded me of Scott Hodges. He attacked every contest he was in and just leap hard into a pack or into his opponent to try and mark the ball. Probably did it 8 times.

After the trial, Tredders said he reminded him of a young Clive Waterhouse, attacking the ball and jumping at everything. I didn't see much of a young Clive, living in Sydney at the time, but I did see a young Scott Hodges, and he and MG, attack the ball in a marking contest in a similar way.
I don't see it but maybe I'm looking at it differently they don't move the same or kick the same & MG seems to leap without needing much of a run & launch.

This announced anywhere?

View attachment 1291282

From January ...

JUSTIN WESTHOFF has returned to the Port Adelaide Football Club in a development role to help nurture the talented players coming through the club’s Next Generation Academies.

Westhoff retired at the end of last season after 280 games. The 2018 John Cahill Medallist is ranked third for AFL games played for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back