Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Mr Gladwrap, you have brainwashed them

I was wondering why we went to Broken Hill. Then I read the China thread and the 88 days to go Tiser story. I reckon Sally Zou's Ausgold being based there might have something to do with it. Maybe the club's players and officials go a lift on her jet.

I was wondering why we went to Broken Hill. Then I read the China thread and the 88 days to go Tiser story. I reckon Sally Zou's Ausgold being based there might have something to do with it. Maybe the club's players and officials go a lift on her jet.

Nup. Was a REX flight.

Lol you havent got him living in one of your slums!

The fact that he is not talked of higher when talking SA greats is crap.

Just like how Ken Farmer is not put up with the three greats.

Good call on Ken Farmer, his record is freakish - he even averaged +4 goals in state games

Adam Cooney was on one of the FSN shows last night talking about the upcoming season and spoke about a few clubs he see's improving this season but mentioned us specifically as one that will push into the 8 after 2 disappointing years.

Providing majority of our best 22 stay fit and we can get improvement out of a few leaders who stalled a bit along the way I can definitely see it happening, the group should have a bit more positivity after a good draft & the senior players should be hurting.

Adam Cooney was on one of the FSN shows last night talking about the upcoming season and spoke about a few clubs he see's improving this season but mentioned us specifically as one that will push into the 8 after 2 disappointing years.

Providing majority of our best 22 stay fit and we can get improvement out of a few leaders who stalled a bit along the way I can definitely see it happening, the group should have a bit more positivity after a good draft & the senior players should be hurting.

I really like post-retirement Cooney, just seems like an honest bloke who is happy to take the piss out of himself. I would prefer if everyone played us down, It would be great if this season could feel like 2013 again as opposed to 2015.

Adam Cooney reveals tricks players use to boost their own supercoach scores

Former No 1 draft pick Adam Cooney reveals how unprepared he was for the AFL system
AFL Adam Cooney on what happens on brownlow night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Hawthorn is moving James Sicily down back because, according to a senior Hawks player: "We need him down back...we need his kicking skills", you start to understand why Hartlett has been moved to the backlines by Ken.

When Hawthorn is moving James Sicily down back because, according to a senior Hawks player: "We need him down back...we need his kicking skills", you start to understand why Hartlett has been moved to the backlines by Ken.
Makes sense given they got rid of Lewis and Mitchell, and Hodge and Burgoyne won't play in 2018.

In my mind I always rate Hartlett's kick like a Pittard/Polec, but in reality he may be the worst 'good kick' on our list.

On XT1635-02 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Makes sense given they got rid of Lewis and Mitchell, and Hodge and Burgoyne won't play in 2018.

In my mind I always rate Hartlett's kick like a Pittard/Polec, but in reality he may be the worst 'good kick' on our list.

On XT1635-02 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Long kick, lots of hang time, great for kicking goals, rubbish for 55 metre switches.

Hammer has a beautiful kick (albeit erratic at times) and can break the lines, an awesome weapon when both he and the team are in form. If he has a great year, being offered as trade bait may have been a deliberate master stroke, it is just a pity that he needed that sort of reality check. Has grown up always being the best and never really had to work hard. His time has come!

is there anything to be worried about Renaults one year extension or are rolling one year extensions for a major sponsor normal?

is there anything to be worried about Renaults one year extension or are rolling one year extensions for a major sponsor normal?

Nah. Realistically we could replace them.

It might be useful to the team structure but it's not Hartlett's best position therefore it's a waste of talent and resources. Instead of moving a natural midfielder with a big body who we used pick 4 on to the half back line because 'we need his kicking skills back there', we should concentrate on drafting, developing and playing defenders with good skills in their own right. Riley Bonner at half back in round one would be a great start.

It might be useful to the team structure but it's not Hartlett's best position therefore it's a waste of talent and resources. Instead of moving a natural midfielder with a big body who we used pick 4 on to the half back line because 'we need his kicking skills back there', we should concentrate on drafting, developing and playing defenders with good skills in their own right. Riley Bonner at half back in round one would be a great start.
He is not a natural midfielder. If he was he would be better than Sam Gray, which he is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back