Multiplat Life is Strange 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished it a couple of days ago. It's a good game albeit quite difference from the first game.

The final outcome is much more nuanced than in the first game. It's not really a binary choice with your decisions throughout the game weighing on the outcome. That impressed me.

It's main weakness is its structure. The first game had a wonderful sense of community. You spent a long time with these characters over the course of five episodes. That's not exactly true of LiS2 since many of the characters you meet are only in the game for a single episode before the road trip moves on.

Final episode spoilers:

Sean ended up living in Mexico and Daniel ended up living with his grandparents. I was happy with that outcome. After everything that happened I didn't want Sean to end up dead or in jail. And I'd encouraged Daniel to be a pacifist so I was pleased that he eventually turned himself in given there was little downside for him to do so.

Also glad that Captain Spirit survived getting hit by a car and that he and Daniel were able to remain friends.

David cameo in the final episode was a huge surprise. There is apparently quite rewarding dialogue if you let Chloe live.

Just finished it.

Overall, I thought it was alright, not as good as LiS 1. Didn't really have the same emotional impact of the first. For the most part, I was just annoyed and frustrated. It felt like a summary of everything that's wrong with America. Cops shooting people for literally no reason, racist rednecks everywhere, ****ed up religious cults, etc. Sean just gets ****ed over at every point regardless of what choices you make. By the time I got to the cult, I would have been happy to leave Daniel there and head to Mexico myself. The little s**t just kept making things worse. It's kinda strange that this annoyed me more than a creepy psychotic professor who drugs, abuses and murders teenage girls, but I think that's because that scenario is extremely rare, whereas all the s**t you cop in this is from everyday normal people who are just complete assholes! Was more realistic in that regard.

I also got the Sean to Mexico (with Cass) and Daniel to Grandparents ending. I suppose that's the "good" ending, but still didn't feel completely satisfying. Daniel can still live a normal life, albeit under house arrest, but Sean, who got screwed the most, still has to live in exile with no justice. Disappointed too that there was no reference to Lyla in this ending, especially when I got in touch with her whenever I could (she apparently appears in one of the other endings). I'd be pissed if I ended up in Jail though.

Captain Spirit never got hit by a car in mine. Daniel threw the police car into a tree. Had an honest conversation with his dad and apparently he made some positive steps with being a better dad.

I agree with calyam that the decisions in this are definitely a lot more nuanced. End of every episode, seeing other options of things that could have happened, I'd sit there thinking "How the hell did others get that scenario?".

The David cameo was cool, didn't actually realise he was that David until half way through the first conversation. I saved the Bay and sacrificed Chloe so it'd be interesting to see how this part plays out if you did the other.

Liked the reference to Clickers from TLoU in Episode 1 when looking at the mushrooms.

Early on, looking at the texts from Lyla, there's one along the lines of "I really hope he doesn't get elected". Given the timing, just before the 2016 Presidential Elections, it sounds like a reference to Trump. Thought it was a little amusing.

Apparently, there's 7 different endings but I can only see how you can get 4. Think the other 3 might just be slight variations on those 4.

For those who haven't played it yet, it imports your save from Adventures of Captain Spirit. If you don't have it, it might be a good idea to quickly run through it beforehand. Or even if you haven't played it in a while. Not absolutely necessary, but good to at least refresh yourself with what happened.

Just finished it.

Overall, I thought it was alright, not as good as LiS 1. Didn't really have the same emotional impact of the first. For the most part, I was just annoyed and frustrated. It felt like a summary of everything that's wrong with America. Cops shooting people for literally no reason, racist rednecks everywhere, f’ed up religious cults, etc. Sean just gets f’ed over at every point regardless of what choices you make. By the time I got to the cult, I would have been happy to leave Daniel there and head to Mexico myself. The little s**t just kept making things worse. It's kinda strange that this annoyed me more than a creepy psychotic professor who drugs, abuses and murders teenage girls, but I think that's because that scenario is extremely rare, whereas all the s**t you cop in this is from everyday normal people who are just complete assholes! Was more realistic in that regard.

I also got the Sean to Mexico (with Cass) and Daniel to Grandparents ending. I suppose that's the "good" ending, but still didn't feel completely satisfying. Daniel can still live a normal life, albeit under house arrest, but Sean, who got screwed the most, still has to live in exile with no justice. Disappointed too that there was no reference to Lyla in this ending, especially when I got in touch with her whenever I could (she apparently appears in one of the other endings). I'd be pissed if I ended up in Jail though.

Captain Spirit never got hit by a car in mine. Daniel threw the police car into a tree. Had an honest conversation with his dad and apparently he made some positive steps with being a better dad.

I agree with calyam that the decisions in this are definitely a lot more nuanced. End of every episode, seeing other options of things that could have happened, I'd sit there thinking "How the hell did others get that scenario?".

The David cameo was cool, didn't actually realise he was that David until half way through the first conversation. I saved the Bay and sacrificed Chloe so it'd be interesting to see how this part plays out if you did the other.

Liked the reference to Clickers from TLoU in Episode 1 when looking at the mushrooms.

Early on, looking at the texts from Lyla, there's one along the lines of "I really hope he doesn't get elected". Given the timing, just before the 2016 Presidential Elections, it sounds like a reference to Trump. Thought it was a little amusing.

Apparently, there's 7 different endings but I can only see how you can get 4. Think the other 3 might just be slight variations on those 4.

For those who haven't played it yet, it imports your save from Adventures of Captain Spirit. If you don't have it, it might be a good idea to quickly run through it beforehand. Or even if you haven't played it in a while. Not absolutely necessary, but good to at least refresh yourself with what happened.
For the opposite ending to yours in lis 1 and how it plays out

you find out David was angry at first for Chloe and max taking off after the ending but they made peace with it and are now close he ends up getting a call from Chloe he’s listening about what there up to traveling and max doing art gallery things he also mentions that they visit him every so often

My ending
sean goes to jail for like 10 years plus Daniel lives with the grandparents and grows up gets a job Daniel/lyla/the Mum meet Sean when he’s released from jail they all look noticeably older. Sean and Daniel go back to there first camping spot when on the run and spend the night Sean breaks down Daniel hugs him the next morning they go there separate ways in different cars with Daniel doing the wolf howl to Sean as he drives off

Chapter One done. A slow start in a lot of ways.
Choices
I kept the chock o crisp as is my Judgely right
I told Dad the truth about wanting money for booze
I hugged dad
I stole the money from the jar
I confronted Brett
I didn't steal the choc O Crips bar from the cau didn't beg for food
I didn't steal from the gas station
I hit Hank and stole the camping gear
I didn't call Lyla back
I promised Daniel I wouldn't lie.
Daniel learner about trail blazing
He didn't fall in the woods
He fetched firewood
He won the race
He didn't learn how to skip stones
He didn't get mad
He got sick from the berries
He didn't have to beg
He didn't distract Doris He didn't eat enough
He got the power bear toy
He stole from Brody

Little help. I finished chapter 4 and then I went back and tried to get an achievement from chapter one. Now, whenever I go to continue it loads chapter one. If I go to "Play Episode, " and select episode 5 it gives a message saying "If you play the episodes out of sequence the choices you didn't witness will be randomly generated." Then if I skip past that and select my original save it says "This save file and affiliated data will be erased" which to me implies that my losing all my choices and starting episode 5 with random choices Am I missing something obvious?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Little help. I finished chapter 4 and then I went back and tried to get an achievement from chapter one. Now, whenever I go to continue it loads chapter one. If I go to "Play Episode, " and select episode 5 it gives a message saying "If you play the episodes out of sequence the choices you didn't witness will be randomly generated." Then if I skip past that and select my original save it says "This save file and affiliated data will be erased" which to me implies that my losing all my choices and starting episode 5 with random choices Am I missing something obvious?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Did something similar. Downloaded the last episode and cant play it. My saves show up in files. Downloaded episode 1 again but still cant play the last episode. I'm guessing you have to play through the whole game simultaneously?

I think I stuffed up by deleting ep's 2-4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapter 2 done

The link into Captain Spirit was nice. You could play the game without the link but it fills out the back story of those characters.

Choices
I threw the snowball properly
I scared off the cougar
I didn't pray
I confessed to Stephen.
I helped with extra chores
I told Daniel he was right to save Chris
I didn't use Stephens laptop
I didn't use the phone to call Lyla
I didn't gain Chris trust
I told Daniel to stop lying to Chris
I didn't listed to Cassidy's song until the end
I drew a spaceship
I bought Daniel a present
I didn't get involved in Charles problem
I let Daniel use his power to help Stephen
The cop chased us and Chris wasn't hit
Daniel still swears
Daniel lost the dice game
Daniel was not able to bury mushroom
Daniel agreed to pray
Daniel didn't want to tidy the room
Daniel was told to tell the truth to Chris but kept lying
Daniel used his power to save Chris
Daniel didnt blame anyone as Chris was fine
Daniel enjoyed his early Christmas present.

So far this is like BTS but if you were playing LIS as Chloe I reckon.

I'm enjoying it but the time loop mechanic from the original was a big part of the enjoyment of it.

Did something similar. Downloaded the last episode and cant play it. My saves show up in files. Downloaded episode 1 again but still cant play the last episode. I'm guessing you have to play through the whole game simultaneously?

I think I stuffed up by deleting ep's 2-4.
I've since found out that you apparently need to go into "Collectors Mode" before you backtrack or otherwise you've pretty much screwed your save file. Seems ridiculous and convoluted to me. It's not like I deleted or overwrote my save file in stupidity, it's still sitting there the game simple won't let me access it. Urgh. Put a real dampener on me wanting to finish the game.

I've since found out that you apparently need to go into "Collectors Mode" before you backtrack or otherwise you've pretty much screwed your save file. Seems ridiculous and convoluted to me. It's not like I deleted or overwrote my save file in stupidity, it's still sitting there the game simple won't let me access it. Urgh. Put a real dampener on me wanting to finish the game.
Yeah that sounds bad that it breaks your save. No warning I assume?

Chapter three choices
I didn't make more coffee
I hit the target but not the bullseye
I tried to understand Daniel about Karen
I asked Daniel why he doesn't wear his watch
I intervened when Big Joe slapped Cass
I didn't trim very well
I helped Daniel do the dishes
I was sober at the campfire
I went to sleep with Daniel
I came forward when Daniel hit big Joe
I was out for the heist
I remained friends with Finn
I got a wolf tattoo
I went for a swim with Cass
Cass didn't get angry with me
Kissed Cass
Went to Cass tent
Stole a vehicle without alerting Big Joe (does puncturing four tires not count as sabotage or was it that it didn't matter?)
Daniel and Finn got in first
Didn't take the gun from the safe
Told Daniel to use his power and Finn wasn't killed
Cassidy was injured
Daniel waited for me in the morning
Daniel got help with the dishes
Daniel refused to help with the water tanks
Daniel talked about his anger
Daniel used his power, got injured and lashed out
Bit to unpack after that one

Chapter four down. I feel dirty.
I failed both vision tests
I told Agent Flores the robbery was Finn's idea
I escaped the hospital without hurting anyone
I forgave Finn
I broke Daniels toy taking it back
I sang the song in Spanish
I got into Anton's truck
I didn't give money to the church
I tried to let Karen open up to me
I smoked with Karen
I refused Karen's help cleaning my wound
Nicholas was unaware of my presence
I shared my money with Jacob
I hid from Nicholas
I shot Lisbeth while Daniel wasn't hurting her

I finished episode 5. After my issue with the save file I somehow got back to my correct file only to load into my game and see Daniel and another character holding their arms out in the air not moving. One of them standing through a car. It also let me run off the playable area into a non rendered abyss. Tried reloading, turning console off, then cut my losses and started episode 5 without my choices :(

Game breaking bug aside, I didn't feel anywhere near as connected to this as as I did the first one. Characters didn't interest me as much, didn't seem like as much happened, there were characters that I thought would play a crucial role as the game unfolded that just fell away without another mention. Worth playing, but I don't think I ever will again.

This game really was halfway between LIS and BTS
The original is by far my favourite. I think this resonates the least out of the three but it's hard to tell how much BTS gets bumped up for it's direct relation to the original.

Seemed a bit more upbeat in some ways but then the topics covered were still super brutal.

I surrendered to the police and Daniel accepted
Overall I taught Daniel to follow the rules of society
I did the treasure hunt and found the treasure
I got closer to Karen
I wrote a caring note to Karen
I said fairwell to Arthur and Stanley
Did the same for Joan
Hugged Karen
Calmed Diego
Freed the Mexicans
Freed the vigilantes
Didn't hurt the vigilantes
Didn't ask Daniel to kill the officers
Daniel got told off for messing with the scorpion and stopped
Daniel setup the sculpture with my help
Daniel was concerned about hurting officer Campbell
Daniel accepted opening the vigilantes cell
Daniel didn't have to lash out at the vigilantes
Daniel was forced to intervene because the officers got to close
Daniel wasn't asked to kill the officers

Finally got this finished. Why the hell i forgot i had it downloaded ill never know. Smashed through an episode a night for 5 nights straight.
Also got the nice ending. Sean made it to Mexico with Cass and Daniel with his grandparents. Had the biggest smile and nearly teared when i saw the poloriod. Was annoyed though there was no reference to Lyla, i reached out to her at every chance i could and that annoyed me, especially after how gut wrenching the last phone call with her was.
Went to youtube and watched all the endings, saw that there's only one variation with Lyla, when Sean leaves prison and she's there, i legit cried when Sean hugged her.
Would have 1 slightly ahead of 2, but i find it still amazing how much emotion they seem to generate from me. Also felt decisions in this one weighed a lot more than the first, especially with how Daniel turns out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back