Ling

Remove this Banner Ad

How much extra would you pay for foxtel to have an alternate commentary team
I wish they brought back the option the had in FoxFootys first incarnation where I could mute all commentary and just have the crowd sounds. I'm not sure why its not an option. Its not like the commentators are doing ads or anything so they wouldn't be losing money.

I wish they brought back the option the had in FoxFootys first incarnation where I could mute all commentary and just have the crowd sounds. I'm not sure why its not an option. Its not like the commentators are doing ads or anything so they wouldn't be losing money.
Ive asked Fox Sports about this recently, apparently it "costs a fair bit" to have that setup for every game (and it would need to be every single game)
Also, there was apparently push back from the AFL regarding the umps mics picking up players. Yes, this was before mic-gate back in round 2 or 3 this year.
It would only create headaches for the AFL and Fox.
Would love just having the crowd ambience though.

Bring back Dipper and Neil Kerley.

Is anyone able to watch fox footy, and have a radio commentary that's in sync with the TV?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like everybody else on 7 he added absolutely nothing. Just sprouts meaningless inanities constantly.

Surely there must be something "special comments" could say that actually ADDS to what people know about the contest.

There are so many of them that they have to compete for air time. A game of footy is no longer than it was in the 90s but now we have 2-3 times as many people involved covering the game.

Last night was Sarah Jones hosting the stupid 'pie night' thing with David King, Brad Johnson, Paul Roos and whoever else was there. Then Channel 7 actually broadcast the game with Basil, BT, Lingy, Peter Bell...

They literally (and I'm looking at you, David King) invent new things to talk about then spend the coverage talking about those things to justify their involvement.

Can't work out if he is better or worse than Brereton doing Hawks games.

At least Ling at least acknowledges players from the opposition, I suppose.

Ling started out OK but he has been Ch7'd now.

Commentary in general is s**t. I'm sick of hearing about structures, gaining possession to slow down the tempo, elevating (eg jumping), perceived pressure, and all the other bullshit they go on with.

Lower the eyes has become another favourite catchphrase of moron commentators for every time a kick into the forward line misses a target.

It doesn't matter if your kicking is s**t or your forwards are outnumbered, all you need to do is lower your eyes and hey presto it's an easy goal every time.

Last edited:
Come on people of bigfooty. Cameron Ling if a good bloke. I wouldn't mind having a beer with him - and I'm a mad keen Dockers supporter.

Ling started out OK but he has been Ch7'd now.

Lower the eyes has become another favourite catchphrase of moron commentators for every time a kick into the forward line misses a target.

It doesn't matter if your kicking is s**t or your forwards are outnumbered, all you need to do is lower your eyes and hey presto it's an easy goal every time.
i literally don't know what lower your eyes means - kills me everytime.

It's not just Ling, its the damn majority of commentators on Channel 7 and Foxtel. It's got to the point now, that I'm not enjoying watching football, simply because of the crap that is talked about during games, and hardly the game itself.
All these idiots just constantly trying to outdo each other is just embarrassing. Rarely, apart from my own teams games, can I sit through an entire match before wanting to throw something at the TV!

How many times does Hamish update us with the score worm? "Dees kicked 4 then the pies kicked 3 next 2 to the dees pies with 3 afterthat" etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back