Lions training next week

Remove this Banner Ad

I told ya! :p Not too late to hop on the Charmo bandwagon!... Blacky was great as usual, ... ... some serious bro-mance for Daniel Rich.... (it's got nothing to do with those blonde curly locks flowing in the breeze! ;))

This much anticipated training session was a very quiet one indeed. No fan fare, no Media and very few supporters. Was kind of eerie.

LOL BrisbaneLioness... I am already on the Charmo Bandwaggon; Blacky was great as usual and any bromance for Daniel Rich has EVERYTHING to do with the blond locks flowing in the breeze!!!!!! :D

Can't wait to see if Shermo can improve on his season last year.

Hey folks - just my first attempt at training pics - still trying to learn how to use my camera, so they ought to improve... Not nearly to Roger The Sheep's standard, but they'll do!
Good job, Sean. :thumbsu: Roger's going to haul himself out of bed on the back of about two hour's sleep and mosey on down to the morning session tomorrow. Trying to locate the view finder with one and a half eyes closed could be an interesting exercise! :cool:

I told ya! :p Not too late to hop on the Charmo bandwagon! :D Jamie does stand out, not just because he's moving freely in the pre-season for once and kicking nicely to his team mates on the run, but because he's our biggest lad out there with a bit of weight on him.

LOL BrisbaneLioness... I am already on the Charmo Bandwaggon

:thumbsu: All aboard!

While there were plenty of supporters this year who were prepared to write Charman off, consign him to the seconds in 2010 or refer to him as "TRADE BAIT" :eek: (We have long memories on the Charman Bandwagon - esp where you are concerned Acuguy), there have been those who have realized just how potent and important a fully fit and fresh Jamie Charman will be to the Lions in 2010.

Charman is a Premiership ruckman and he will be an instrumental part of our next Premiership team!

Go Lions ... but our guernseys are an embarrassment!

Charman is a Premiership ruckman and he will be an instrumental part of our next Premiership team!

Yeah, 2001 was our last AFLQ premiership... hopefully Charmo can help us win another one.

Yeah, 2001 was our last AFLQ premiership... hopefully Charmo can help us win another one.

:p That's the spirit TBD!

You are a much better proposition when you are in humorous mode.

Of course those of us on the Charman Bandwagon remember that you were not a detractor while others were taking cheap shots at Charmo and while your support wasn't fulsome, you hadn't written him off.

We will reserve a seat for you on the bandwagon, but if you don't nominate for Gold Class soon, you can't be assured of a window seat.

Go Lions ... but our guernseys are an embarrassment!

Aaaah right... thanks for the tip! :thumbsu:

I also started out taking photos of the boys because i got a brand new camera and had to practice somewhere to work out all its bells and whistles.

It is a great training ground for us photographers because they give us a lot of challanges (moving, distance, tricky light) but great rewards when you get that "perfect" shot after taking 350+ photos :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give the kid a break he has probably never seen film let alone know what the association is with a chemist :p
First of all im not a kid. Second of all I have seen film and third of all I was saying what to the fillum?? Never heard of it. I know you can get the film from the chemist but fillum???? And fourth of all lets get back on topic now:thumbsu:

The fillum from this morning is at the chemist as we speak. ;)

A diachronic linguistic has suggested the pronunciation fillum is an evolution from Irish speech patterns on Australian English.

So can I expect the developement of a new batch of ‘The Decongestant’ on your return from the chemist Mr Ripper?

A diachronic linguistic has suggested the pronunciation fillum is an evolution from Irish speech patterns on Australian English.
Nah, I just pinched it from Norman Gunston. :)

So can I expect the developement of a new batch of ‘The Decongestant’ on your return from the chemist Mr Ripper?
He spent most of his time on the far side of t'oval. A couple of stationary shots in there somewhere - if I remembered to remove the lens cap. :eek:

[/font]
He spent most of his time on the far side of t'oval. A couple of stationary shots in there somewhere - if I remembered to remove the lens cap. :eek:
Oh no! :( So you didn't get that shot of Charmo sticking his butt out for the rest of his group to use as target practice for handballing. Damn! :p Will have to hope Charmo gets punished again next session. ;)

It was another relaxed training session although a greater variety of drills were taking place and the Boys were broken up into smaller groups. I think a few of them were getting their running style revised. They went onto the second oval to demonstrate their strides and getting filmed at the same time. I could be wrong but that's what it looked like.

Got to say, Amon is another player who looks much shorter up close. Will make a great crumbing forward hopefully. On the flip side, Irishman Niall McIver (sorry can't remember the spelling) is a very lanky lad, not far off Leuey's height but still has legs that most women would die for - very long and skinny. :p Will need to bulk up. Speaking of bulking up, Pearce Hanley take a bow. This boy is turning into the Incredible Hulk! Will be sure to be a very solid defender and a punishing tackler next season. Was already demonstrating this in ressie games earlier this year.

Some changes are: the coaching group have gone all high tech by wearing head sets and an exercise bike too was brought down to the ground as well. Can't remember that happening last pre-season. What hasn't changed is the "drop and give me a set of push ups" done by the group in a circle. Love it!:thumbsu:

Shame about those pics, Mr Ripper. I didn't bother taking any as I was looking forward to your professional shots. :( Sorry, we will try not to distract you too much next session. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back