News List changes 2021-onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, mightily p’d off about this. One of our best forwards and has been with us since the first AFLW season.
has played most games, and to go from us that played finals for the first time... we finally got our list together.... to the team that went winless? I don't get it.

I found this....

The two other high-profile deals expected to be completed involve Carlton's Sarah Hosking and Collingwood's Sarah D'Arcy, with the duo linked to Richmond.

***shattering if true. D'Arcy is a gun!!

That will set us back a fair way IF she goes

I don't agree with that. We have other goal kickers, and we'll be getting a speedy forward.

Anyone remember who was our leading goal kicker in this season?

I like guessing games. Was it Lambert? Sharni kicked a few too. D'Arcy had a lot of attention this year from defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly reckon there was an incentive to "help" Richmond because a lot of the deals they did benefited them massively for not much in return.
What about us last year? We got lucky to win 1 game lol Where was our help? haha. Classic richmond. Recruiting big names and then can't even be competitive. Jumping the development queue.

What about us last year? We got lucky to win 1 game lol Where was our help? haha. Classic richmond. Recruiting big names and then can't even be competitive. Jumping the development queue.

This is probably good cause not to be too concerned about losing D'Arcy. As a rule we've done well out of the players who have left vs who we have brought in. Only really Garner and Eva sting. There seem a few likely forward types in this draft, we have Tarni coming in, plus Purcell as an elite athlete. We've gotten good service from cross coders historically so hopefully we do again. The Irish girls a year more experienced if they stay on. There's still a lot to be positive about.

This is probably good cause not to be too concerned about losing D'Arcy. As a rule we've done well out of the players who have left vs who we have brought in. Only really Garner and Eva sting. There seem a few likely forward types in this draft, we have Tarni coming in, plus Purcell as an elite athlete. We've gotten good service from cross coders historically so hopefully we do again. The Irish girls a year more experienced if they stay on. There's still a lot to be positive about.
yeah, we have quite a bit of forward options. I'm over the D'Arcy exit now. We don't want someone who wants to be at Richmond. We have multiple forward options, and now with Aliesha too. Add in other players who can go forward like Molloy. Then there was membrey who was a revelation, almost a goal in every game.

yeah, we have quite a bit of forward options. I'm over the D'Arcy exit now. We don't want someone who wants to be at Richmond. We have multiple forward options, and now with Aliesha too. Add in other players who can go forward like Molloy. Then there was membrey who was a revelation, almost a goal in every game.

I liked D'Arcy for her potential, of what she can be, but in the overall picture her loss isn't going to derail our forward line.
She only kicked 10 goals in 24 matches. Not a huge return, so her loss is minimal really.

Last edited:
Do we know whether Sarah Rowe and/or Aishling Sheridan coming back? It would be fantastic if they both did.

Not Sure be hard for them to want to comeback during the Pandamic

Do we know whether Sarah Rowe and/or Aishling Sheridan coming back? It would be fantastic if they both did.
Not so far.
These currently --
Alana Porter, Steph Chiocci, Mikala Cann, Lauren Butler, Ebony O’Dea Ash Brazill, Ruby Schleicher, Maddie Shevlin, Jordyn Allen and Chloe Molloy along with newcomers Aliesha Newman, Abbey Green and Imogen Purcell

Agree! Are they still contracted? Training for 2021 starts in November (I think), so there’s time for them to return.

Both girls were great contributors this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back