lnside Demon Den

Remove this Banner Ad

Ripper article, would've loved to be a fly on the wall during the draft talks.

I'm starting to get the impression that we are training our lads too hard lol!

No such thing as training them too hard. Separate the boys from the men. Wonder whether Cale is going home and whinging or icing the bumps and bruises and getting on with it?

Sounds like we're on the right track but proof will be in the pudding...

It does make you wonder what the **** our last football department were doing when you hear what Misson and co have to say.

You guys should be happy - I know it's pre season but I think you can tell the real stuff from the usual per seasn circle-jerk.

Finals def possibility..not sure about the 2012 flag though ( I wouldn't complain if I was wrong there lol )

I wish we had a coach like Neeld 4 years ago. This is the sort of coaching you expect of a team playing in an elite competition. Bailey coached us as if we were playing in the TAC Cup.

After 4 years of depression, I'm now excited about our club.

Sounds like we're on the right track but proof will be in the pudding...

It does make you wonder what the **** our last football department were doing when you hear what Misson and co have to say.
It all starts from the top. Neeld is having a big say in everything, especially recruiting. He is setting the bar high, which is what I expect from an AFL coach.

As you say, the proof is in the pudding, but at least he appears to want success asap, unlike his predecessor.

No such thing as training them too hard. Separate the boys from the men. Wonder whether Cale is going home and whinging or icing the bumps and bruises and getting on with it?

Yeah true a shitload of soft tissue injuries and stress fractures will sort the men from boys:cool:

However, I don't think they are training too hard

I am sure this is the intensity the top clubs would be training at. The stronger and fitter players are, the less likely they will get injured.

Does make you wonder what the old footy department did! I'd be trusting Neeld and his judgements - he has seen the amount of work that needs to be done from Collingwood.

Still would love to know what Bailey and co were on. Quite obvious most players were not fit enough.

Morton has always been labelled as a top trainer, he lacked confidence imo under Bailey, i wouldnt be surprised if Neeld has a role for him he will thrive in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't been watching Adelaide the past few years I take it? Flogged to the shitheap during the pre-season and look the goods early on but fall into a steaming pile of s**t from about the mid-season break onwards.

One of the best footy articles I've read In the HUN. Defimitely think you guys are on the right track. A harder and slightly more defensive style of football, I think, will bring you to top-4 contenders in 3-4 years.

Does make you wonder what the old footy department did! I'd be trusting Neeld and his judgements - he has seen the amount of work that needs to be done from Collingwood.

Still would love to know what Bailey and co were on. Quite obvious most players were not fit enough.

Bailey had a very young group with a lack of senior quality - and they went through a pretty tough initiation to AFL footy by getting a hiding most weeks.

I think Bailey did the right thing for such a young bunch - was reasonably supportive of them in the press, encouraged them to attack and take the game on, and didnt work them into the ground/break them when the losses were building up.

Now is the right time for a new approach - I dont think it means Baileys was wrong though.

Haven't been watching Adelaide the past few years I take it? Flogged to the shitheap during the pre-season and look the goods early on but fall into a steaming pile of s**t from about the mid-season break onwards.
Yup

And Vossy admitted we did the same thing but also on the wrong things

You have the pre season, NAB cup, and a 24 game season before we get to finals - as the great Malcom Blight once said...it's not a sprint, it's a marathon

It will be better than watching the likes of Bennell and Gysberts run off for a break in the third quarter and look like they are going to pass out.

Train them hard until christmas and then focus on the skills in the New Year. Misson is very well respected within sport in Australia and I completely trust his methods, more so than that of somebody posting on Big Footy

As opposed to Bailey's mollycoddled Melbourne, who fell into a steaming pile of s**t during the practice matches, and continued to play like that all year.

The preseason is also designed to toughen our players up mentally. The "bruise free" tag was appropriate, and that's the first thing that needs to change.

Yes, but I also saw Dave Misson trained teams making and winning grand finals while having minimal players missing games. I'm confident he knows what he's doing.

It takes a minimum of 3-4 preseasons to get your fitness to a level where you are able to compete for 4 quarters at AFL standard. Most of our players are doing their first AFL STANDARD preseason. If that means we go through a flat patch next year at some stage, then so be it.

hey all - obviously a new forum member, but I've been reading a bit on here. I Love how no-one really cares about the Demons, but everyone will s**t can us without a second thought. 2012 will be a good year for us all round. Our fitness will be right up there, the hunger will also be right up there and we'll finally have the ability to support our players with the training staff we've needed for years. Both Melbourne and St Kilda have had the best pickups in the drafts, and We've got a real shot.

I read that North forum that's posted in a thread for the Dees - something about the North Doctor - anyway - Does anyone take North seriously?

Great article. I'm very happy they're getting flogged. I'd rather over do it even if it breaks some of them, we all know how soft they were this season. Also agree with some other posters that it raises questions as to what on earth we've been doing the last few years.

Essendon were flogged on the track when Hird's team moved in and they showed alot of improvement at the start of the season mixing it with the best. They ultimately got tired and were exposed without Watson. They still made finals which would be an amazing result for us.

The best teams have great pre seasons to set them up for the season. Collingwood get flogged in Arizona and that team is bunch of fitness freaks. Neeld is coming straight out of that environment at the beginning of their peak. He's been there for a few years and he knows the work that needs to go into these players to get them to the Collingwood standard.

This is only the beginning. The ending will be success, I'm sure of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back