Trades LOCKOUT LIFTED - ROUND 2 TRADES (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawn > Naismith
Green > Ward/B. Smith
McCasey > Noble
Even though Gawn has a dream run and could be a huge POD? I wouldn't be sacrificing Gawn myself. Would go Whitfield over Gawn if I had to make the choice but I reckon he's better playing the fix-up game unless rookies are a disaster

Such a grim feeling logging back in.

Can't even make any good trade plans because I have Will Brodie who I have to trade out.
Also have to trade Hack Crisp to Howe for the easy cash.
Then the final trade has to address whichever rookie gets dropped: Cumming, Budarick, T.Brown, T.Green

Apart from maybe C.Taylor, all my other on field rookies are going 30 max this week.

2 routes I can take. Both involve upgrading Tom Green and getting Bailey Smith and Noble.

Route 1: Whit > Smith, Green > Bewley, Roberton > Noble

Route 2: Crisp > Noble, Green > Smith +1 free trade

Net effect differences:

Route 1: Crisp + Bewley (3 trades)
Vs
Route 2: Whit + Roberton (2 trades)

Thoughts?
Whit will bounce back, J.Crisp goes missing every second week at the best of times so I think he will be poor this week and don't know why I started with him.

Dusty and Noble
V
Bailey Smith and Howe?

100 +75
Against
85-90 and 85-90

Not sure whether the go the option with a certain top 6 forward, or the 2nd with a chance to be top 6, but likely around the 10 mark
That is tough. I feel like Dusty could have poor games this year but he usually just finds a way to kick 2-3 goals and end up with a good score.
If Bailey Smith keeps his mid role then he should be close enough to a keeper this year. Howe looked really good in round 1 and defenders will be very hard to pick this year. Will be a mistake paying top dollar for any premo defender this year, which is why Howe was such a good option and a bad miss by many (including myself). I'd jump on Howe now before he goes up too much in price

That is tough. I feel like Dusty could have poor games this year but he usually just finds a way to kick 2-3 goals and end up with a good score.
If Bailey Smith keeps his mid role then he should be close enough to a keeper this year. Howe looked really good in round 1 and defenders will be very hard to pick this year. Will be a mistake paying top dollar for any premo defender this year, which is why Howe was such a good option and a bad miss by many (including myself). I'd jump on Howe now before he goes up too much in price
All it takes is 1 magpie backline injury or rest and Howe is back to being a Key position stopper and scoring 40s.
That has me a little weary about him.

All it takes is 1 magpie backline injury or rest and Howe is back to being a Key position stopper and scoring 40s.
That has me a little weary about him.
Agree. 6 scores of under 50 for Howe last year is a worry. I don’t feel like Noble has the big 120’s in him like Howe, but feel he’s a solid 70-80 every week. Noble to average 75-80, Howe 85ish. Not a huge difference imo

Simpkin looked amazing in round 1. I'll be making him my main target this round. Will Brodie though, fu** me he was horrible. Genuinely expect big things from him this year but hasn't started well at all

Simpkin another one of those players who looks amazing one game, then camps up in a forward pocket for less than 20pts the next.
Be weary.
But he's a decent smokey for sure, particularly in draft.

Bugger the guns and rook strategy this week, I'm taking a risk and going after value whilst it's there.

Whitfield, Crisp, T Green to Howe, Wingard and Ward with 230K in the bank.

Leaves the only 'rookies' on my field as Anderson, Rowell, Pickett and Taylor.
Will be able to fix up the crap rookies next week after seeing how the rooks perform this week. Probably an awful strategy, but with how different this season is, may as well try new things.

Even though Gawn has a dream run and could be a huge POD? I wouldn't be sacrificing Gawn myself. Would go Whitfield over Gawn if I had to make the choice but I reckon he's better playing the fix-up game unless rookies are a disaster
He has to sacrifice something to fix his team IMO. Who would you trade whitfield to in order to give him enough cash to upgrade 2 rookies? Naismith pumped out a modern day ton in round 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitfield to Dusty + 100k
Vs
Crisp to Howe + 200k

Essentially tossing up a combo of

Dusty and Crisp + 100k
Vs
Howe and Whitfield + 200k

ughh this Naismith news has thrown a spanner in the works. Going to have to get Cameron now. But also my other issue is was my other trades were quite tigers and pies heavy, which would mean my team would be locked out as of Thursday, and im not overly keen on that...

ughh this Naismith news has thrown a spanner in the works. Going to have to get Cameron now. But also my other issue is was my other trades were quite tigers and pies heavy, which would mean my team would be locked out as of Thursday, and im not overly keen on that...
The vanilla and perhaps safe move would be to hold him like you said, but Gawn looks unbelievably tempting now with his upcoming fixture. Immediate reward this week vs Pittonet as well !

Naismith in doubt? Ceglar in my forward line a stroke of genius!! :rolleyes:

Going a bit unique and doing:

B. Smith > Saad
Bont > Viney

Will wait for teams and might just do a rookie shuffle with my third trade.

Would you have thought about that pre-round 1? I'd guess almost certainly not.
You're probably making your team worse (I mean no disrespect because all my trade ideas end up looking real similar).

But surely Bont >>>> Viney every other round of the year? Viney could break down at any point also.

Would you have thought about that pre-round 1? I'd guess almost certainly not.
You're probably making your team worse (I mean no disrespect because all my trade ideas end up looking real similar).

But surely Bont >>>> Viney every other round of the year? Viney could break down at any point also.

Bont had a pretty poor Rd 1 and doesn't have a good record against the Saints so definitely looking to move him on. Another option I'm looking at is going Smith to Howe and Bont to Wingard.

Only took 2 rounds for big Cegs to prove his worth :thumbsu:

Its actually still a bad problem even with Ceglar.

I could swap Ceglar via Xerri into ruck this week, but then I'm left with an extra rook on field up forward.

eg:
Whitfield/Naismith/Green out for Wingard, Cameron, Cunnington.
And then play the "best" 2 out of Taylor/Cameron/Budarik/King/Cavarra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back