Speculation Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

thats not even the same thing, the club "luring" the player back home have to cough up decent draft capital for a trade and not just a fist full of 5th rounders points for a acadamy pick.
There's literally discussion going on about how Sydney won't get close to value for him. I'm not sure when Sydney gave up anything even close to "a fist of fifth rounders" for their academy picks. Enlighten me.

Best thing about having three 1sts is we can win whatever happens. I’m positive the club would prefer to get established talent like McDonald and/or Baker but if the consolation prize is two more top 10 picks, I’m ok with that.

If he does sign, congratulations to Sydney who continue to be very good at keeping talent

Best thing about having three 1sts is we can win whatever happens. I’m positive the club would prefer to get established talent like McDonald and/or Baker but if the consolation prize is two more top 10 picks, I’m ok with that.

If he does sign, congratulations to Sydney who continue to be very good at keeping talent

I think Baker would be a brilliant get for Fremantle.

You lose the last if your three first rounders, use the other two (important to stockpile currently with Tasmania around the corner) and Fremantle could have enough talent to do some real damage and build something special whilst other clubs cannot hit the draft due to Tasmania.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hawthorn and to a slightly lesser extent Richmond had such wonderful extended dynasties, they both hit the draft just at the right time before the extension clubs came in. Think Fremantle have a great opportunity here.

50/50 at this stage whether he stays at the Swans or returns home to Freo.

At this stage I am tipping he goes home to WA at the end of 2024.

A Logan and Amiss foward (#Logmiss) is one that could seriously set up Freo as a serious flag threat for the next decade plus (esp with that midfield)

I honestly believe Freo have been lowballing players like Acres and Hamling in order to make the cap space available for McDonald (and they are not all that sorry/regretful that Liam Henry left either, from what I have heard)

I prefer the forward duo of AmissAgan. ;) :thumbsu: :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if Sydney have any other WA lads out of contract this year or next that are proven guns...
Eating Popcorn GIF by HULU

🤔🤔

Who snuff? Who?

I do hope for Sydney that they get their player but media pieces during the season where a player is happy and wants to stay, leaving the contract between the club and the manager are the exact answers every single player is coaches to give.

The only indication that holds any weight is a trade request or ink on the paper signing a contract.

Very hard to poach from the swans, they don't lose many

Lots of Freo fans saying this but J Dawson, Jones, Mitchell, Nankervis, Aliir, D Cameron, Hewitt, Newman, Stephens and Jetta were all players in recent times we wanted to keep.

We are also likely losing Hayward this year.

We lose players like most interstate clubs.

Lots of Freo fans saying this but J Dawson, Jones, Mitchell, Nankervis, Aliir, D Cameron, Hewitt, Newman, Stephens and Jetta were all players in recent times we wanted to keep.

How many of those players would you even want back? Dawson and maybe Jetta and Nank at the time?

Most of them were either not any good or clearly surplus. Stephens looks a straight up potato, absolutely fleeced North on that one even if just a pick upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of those players would you even want back? Dawson and maybe Jetta and Nank at the time?

Most of them were either not any good or clearly surplus. Stephens looks a straight up potato, absolutely fleeced North on that one even if just a pick upgrade.
Dawson, Mitchell, Nankervis, Hewett, Aliir, Cameron. All players we would have taken back in a heart beat.

Still, Logan's no chance of going

Dawson, Mitchell, Nankervis, Hewett, Aliir, Cameron. All players we would have taken back in a heart beat.

Still, Logan's no chance of going
I never argued Dawson or Nank. The other 3 were very obviously not that highly valued by your coaches (relative to their abilities) when they were there.

And I don't want Logan anyway.

Dawson was poached ye

Jones, did you guys even want him?

Mitchell, was wasting away in the NEAFL most of the time right? maybe cracked into the team full time for final 2 years but you had like 5 mids ahead of him

Nank, You chose Naismith over him, think everyone would have made that decision pre injury

Aliir, I remember you kind of just letting him go which was weird, think Port offered him well overs (Port saw what no other club saw tbh) - can count this one tho

Cameron - wasn't getting a game

Hewett/Newman/Stephens - all meh, don't think you were trying hard to keep any of them

Jetta - yeah, can probs count this one

I reckon maybe 3 of the listed were ones you actually wanted to keep or were ones you valued anywhere near where other clubs did (for good reason)

I stand by my "hard to poach from the swans" but maybe change, "they don't lose many" to they don't lose many that they want to keep.

Dawson was poached ye

Jones, did you guys even want him?

Mitchell, was wasting away in the NEAFL most of the time right? maybe cracked into the team full time for final 2 years but you had like 5 mids ahead of him

Nank, You chose Naismith over him, think everyone would have made that decision pre injury

Aliir, I remember you kind of just letting him go which was weird, think Port offered him well overs (Port saw what no other club saw tbh) - can count this one tho

Cameron - wasn't getting a game

Hewett/Newman/Stephens - all meh, don't think you were trying hard to keep any of them

Jetta - yeah, can probs count this one

I reckon maybe 3 of the listed were ones you actually wanted to keep or were ones you valued anywhere near where other clubs did (for good reason)

I stand by my "hard to poach from the swans" but maybe change, "they don't lose many" to they don't lose many that they want to keep.
Literally all those players had contracts in front of them bar Hewett.

Mitchell wasting away in the NEAFL, Jesus Christ. 🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

Back