Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe it's to highlight the many languages offered.

Does look slightly skewered towards Africa though.
I'm sure it's supposed to signify the diverse range of languages you can learn from their services, but the logo just hurts my eyes to look at. At a guess I'd say it's been inspired by nautical flags or similar.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
How would you be able to determine what language is what from the "M".
If there is a pictorial graphic for languages, it's the first I'm hearing about it.

Couldn't pick out what language emanates from the M.

Just the clash of colours and their positioning reminds me of African flags.

How would you be able to determine what language is what from the "M".
If there is a pictorial graphic for languages, it's the first I'm hearing about it.
I think they are supposed to be generic flags (based of nautical ones by the looks) terrific looking logo imo!

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Can anyone tell me what they're doing with the on-field logos in England? Both bowler's and batter's end logos are facing the camera every over. I don't think it's CGI logos but is it? Surely they're not getting switched every over?

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Can anyone tell me what they're doing with the on-field logos in England? Both bowler's and batter's end logos are facing the camera every over. I don't think it's CGI logos but is it? Surely they're not getting switched every over?
they are using the virtual images covering the bottom sponsor logo.

FreeTV Australia rebrand.

Since 2003
Free-TV-logo1.jpg

Now
freetva.jpg

This ad has been such an integral part of my childhood, can't believe the logo has changed:

Going through Media Agency and Control in Year 12 Media just now and discussing the regulatory effect of FreeTV on Australian TV and saw the new logo. Definitely for the best :)

I mean the old logo is very 2003, but that new one is just s**thouse. That harsh purple to cyan gradient is an eyesore.
Colours could do with a rethink, though I'd imagine a lot of the time the logo would be white when shown on a coloured background anyway?
Shape and actual design gets the meaning across I guess. Nothing outstanding, but it works for me.

Colours could do with a rethink, though I'd imagine a lot of the time the logo would be white when shown on a coloured background anyway?
Shape and actual design gets the meaning across I guess. Nothing outstanding, but it works for me.
After having a look at their website, they've used the tv shape well as an element, so I think that the 'free tv' type is what is going wrong. I think it needs to have a bit more weight to it if you're going to use a gradient on it, otherwise it looks a bit cheap and nasty imo. when it is in white it looks a lot more slick.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Speaking about Telstra,
At last received NBN from the almighty Telstra, amazing speeds never seen before... for about a week.
Now it's back to the same old same old, I don't know why I got my hopes up.

Edit: s**t this isn't the RCM?

Back