Looking at the positives

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m tipping there’s some significant injury … he looks to be protecting himself from contact and lacks power … I’d suggest ribs or bruised kidney/lung perhaps? Somethings not right beyond just motivation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Surely not.
They wouldn’t be putting his long term health at risk.

Positive for mine is that we are mostly getting games into players that might be part of the future rather than ones that are on the way out. Yes it would be good to have everyone performing and a full list, but let's face it, we would rather see 15 games from Macauliffe over someone like Prestia right now.

Just about every week we are going to put out a side that has less experience than our opponents so the likelihood of a win is always going to be against us, but right now I'm glad the blowtorch is on us, you can't build a diamond without a bit of pressure.

All the kids could do with 2 full seasons worth of experience to develop their games. There will be ups and downs. Think how many forward entries Young and Miller would have had to defend against vs a game where it was much more evenly matched. Provided we don't get to the North Melbourne level of non-competitiveness, there are positives in everything.

• Top 3 draft pick
  • Getting games into young or inexperienced players
  • By forced change starting to phase out the older blokes but they're still on the list for guidance
  • Will get a theoretically easier draw next year
  • Potentially get the best MSD prospect and a free hit
That's about all I have

I’m tipping there’s some significant injury … he looks to be protecting himself from contact and lacks power … I’d suggest ribs or bruised kidney/lung perhaps? Somethings not right beyond just motivation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He was motivated preseason, wasn't he setting pb's? I just remember hearing how he was flying preseason.

If you're right though that to me suggests he's done once he gets to 300, he wouldn't be playing otherwise in my opinion.

Dow and Mcauliff were pretty promising. With Taranto, Hopper,
Graham, Ross, Pick 1 or 2 we’ll have a strong midfield group.
Looking forward to Coulthard and Green over the next few weeks. Good signs from them will be good to see.
Cumbo showed good things last night

Bauer, Smith and Ryan are the next players I’d like in soon

Every week we have a youngster stand up. So far this year we’ve seen strong signs from

Dow
Mcauliff
Brown
Miller
Campbell
Lefau
Rioli
Mansell
Ralphsmith

it’ll come together at some point. Just need the game plan to come together. Will be a good next 3 months as we cut a couple more oldies and we bridge the gap :devil:

The positives?

We can delist many of our 4th and 5th round Draft picks from the last 5 years and top load with genuine 1st round talent soon 😉
How? Where are we getting these magical first round picks from?

Dow and Mcauliff were pretty promising. With Taranto, Hopper,
Graham, Ross, Pick 1 or 2 we’ll have a strong midfield group.
Looking forward to Coulthard and Green over the next few weeks. Good signs from them will be good to see.
Cumbo showed good things last night

Bauer, Smith and Ryan are the next players I’d like in soon

Every week we have a youngster stand up. So far this year we’ve seen strong signs from

Dow
Mcauliff
Brown
Miller
Campbell
Lefau
Rioli
Mansell
Ralphsmith

it’ll come together at some point. Just need the game plan to come together. Will be a good next 3 months as we cut a couple more oldies and we bridge the gap :devil:

Average at best midfield.
Graham is done and can't keep up; Dow mediocre; Taranto and Hopper the same relatively slow and poorly skilled; pick 1 or 2 will nbe a hbf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Dow's first half was poor, handballs weren't creative, probably the opposite. But the longer the game went the better he got and was our best mid and transitioning the ball through creative handball to the outside runners in the last half. Might give him some confidence.

Similarly MacAuliffe was nowhere to be seen early but worked his way into the game. His constant running was the most pleasing aspect of his game, as that was one area I thought he may be suspect. Taking time to adjusting to the tempo, still plays like he is bullying junior footballers, he was the same in the VFL. But got better and better, really good signs.

Not much else to be positive about. Hugo was okay again. Rioli is a gun, to the midfield. Cumberland gives spark if a little frenetic. But he is eager and goes at the ball.

If we finish last we still get pick 1. Their priority comes after their pick. So it's either pick 1 for us. Or pick 3
You’re assuming the cfl will honor their rules

assuming everyone is up and running I have just tweaked our powerhouse 2020 side with a few upgrades with our 2024 list-a couple of green shoots not quite there yet like MRJ and Brown but boy oh boy the cupboard is bare.

B David Astbury, Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta
HB Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Liam Baker
C Hopper>Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Marlion Pickett
HF Kane Lambert, Dustin Martin, Taranto>Jason Castagna
F Daniel Rioli, Tom Lynch, Jack Riewoldt
Foll Toby Nankervis, Trent Cotchin, Shane Edwards
I/C Jayden Short, Gibcus>Jack Graham, Shai Bolton, Ross>Nathan Broad
Emg McAliffe>Oleg Markov, Josh Caddy, Ryan>Mabior Chol, Sonsie>Jake Aarts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back