Luke Darcy and Aker going to head to head on MMM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tenses, people.
He has a bias. He is biased.
He has brown hair. He is brown haired.
Not that hard.

both flogs.
Darcy special mention for going head-to-head v Terry Wallace, and getting absolutely & utterly roasted.

Aker ended his career with 3 flags and a brownlow.

I dont know why he would even lower himself to have a head to head
with a insignificant nobody like Darcy - who along with the Bulldogs have
not amounted to anything in the football world.

How Darcy and Smith have a free reign in the media is beyond me.

Are you saying you only rate people on what they have acheived on the football field? If so then thats a pretty ignorant way to look at life.

Aker has all these great footballe memories and has no one to celebrate them with, now thats sad!

Dogs supporters, ex players etc all have massive chips on their shoulders and feel the need to defend themselves from any critism.

Problem is until they actually do something on the field, stop living of welfare and stand on their own two feet they will continue to be a joke.

I quite like the way Darce goes about his football duties, apart from when the Bulldogs are involved... clearly can't separate club links unlike somebody like Tom Harley who gives a good insight of Geelong but also gives a relatively unbiased commentary... Eddie is like Darce. As a Collingwood fan, I love having Ed as president as he brings so much attention and passion to the club, however, he is unable to separate club from media duties at times.

Aker, didn't blame him for the outburst when Bulldogs originally got rid of him as it was the most poorly handled case I've seen in a long time. And I didn't mind him shooting off his mouth every now and then. Provided some entertainment. Now, it's getting a bit old, and he's rambling more than ever. The same topics come up time and again and I can see where he's coming from, but he doesn't need to harp.

The irony in it all is the WB have blamed Aker for "leaking info" and when asked about the Michael Braun incident Aker states he never mentioned his name publicly- others did and Darcy replies: "you told me in the dressing room..."

Seriously, talk about leaks. I like Darcy but he is far too bias and tried to protect his mates on every occasion.
biased

I find Darcy pretty inoffensive really. I don't think he's extraordinarily insightful with his commentary, but he's OK.

Aker is a giant douchebag. I don't wish him ill, but everything he gets is of his own doing. He opens his yap all the time so he becomes a target. He says things just to be controversial... well, congrats, you're controversial Aker. This is what goes along with it. An utter tool. Will most likely succeed on a B-grade/country radio station spouting extreme ideas about immigration or tax reforms or something. He is 40% as smart as he thinks he is.

Don't think he's a flog, he is a little full of himself, but he's not that bad.

But I agree completely about him (and other Dogs media people) running huge interference and protection for the Dogs.

You'd probably do the same though.

He's no Michelangelo Rucci, but he's definitely a flog.

Aker ended his career with 3 flags and a brownlow.

I dont know why he would even lower himself to have a head to head
with a insignificant nobody like Darcy - who along with the Bulldogs have
not amounted to anything in the football world.

How Darcy and Smith have a free reign in the media is beyond me.
Entire compendium of Melbourne flag winners with current jobs in the media:

Barrassi, R D Jr.

erm.

Smith given free reign?? LOL, he is routinely made fun of for his obsession with the Bulldogs and Johnno.

but it's not funny. it's like an ongoing gag that was never funny in the first place. so a bloke gets on a footy tv show and childishly babbles about his old club... i just turn it off when they do that crap. smith and andrew maher would have to be the worst of the worst people to even think about putting on tv. maybe there's a couple of players retiring this year that can at least string a few words together and they get them on to replace these morons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone needed to call out Aker though; he had been getting too much of a free run in the media considering everyone he has said. Good on Dracy - even if he does have his own personal reasons, is that bad? Is someone meant to just forget the club they played passionately for in a space of a couple of years? anyone here would do the same.

I personally didnt mind Aker until that whole Michael Braun scenerio. That was just poor poor form; to publicately accuse someone else of being a drug cheat without no evidence whatsoever is well, low in the scheme of things. That, and being dumped by 2 clubs is generally not a sign of a great well-mannered character.

but it's not funny. it's like an ongoing gag that was never funny in the first place. so a bloke gets on a footy tv show and childishly babbles about his old club... i just turn it off when they do that crap. smith and andrew maher would have to be the worst of the worst people to even think about putting on tv. maybe there's a couple of players retiring this year that can at least string a few words together and they get them on to replace these morons.

Isn't he only on shows that are meant to be light entertainment? (Besides when he is on as a boundary rider, in which case I agree he shouldnt be there.)

Are you saying you only rate people on what they have acheived on the football field? If so then thats a pretty ignorant way to look at life.

Aker has all these great footballe memories and has no one to celebrate them with, now thats sad!

On the other hand, Luke Darcy can reminisce with all his mates about all the premierships they should have won if not for the coach.

And Darcy must enjoy reminiscing about the 12 hitouts, the tackle, not to mention the behind he kicked in those two prelims. The best of times.

Darcy thinks he's relevant for some reason...

he's Eddie's little lapdog on that show and does nothing but suck up his arse...if the ratings hadnt improved in the recent survey reckon it was his arse on the line

as for him teeing off on Aker as if he's not going to do anything bar that when his little mate Johnno was bagged by Aker etc etc etc

as someone else said - Aker 3 premierships and numerous awards that will see his name in the history books forever..... L Darcy....ZIPPO....

To me, Darcy does come across as a bit of a w***er in his media work. I'm not saying I've got any more knowledge and insight to add than he does, nor am I more deserving of a media gig, but it's humourous how measured and "intelligent" he tries to sound with all his comments and how pleased with himself he seems to be. For those criticising Darcy's footballing ability, he was the AFLPA co-MVP in 2002, and was among the best ruckmen in the league in the late '90s/early 2000s.

As for Akermanis, I think he needs to lie low for a while and just let the dust settle. There's nothing more to be said right now about his time at the Bulldogs. Yes, he doesn't like the way he was dealt with, and they don't like the way he went about things. Fair enough, we know that. There's no need to re-hash the same arguments and trade the same barbs with current and former players over and over. Surely it's been well and truly milked dry for now, hasn't it, Aker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back