FTA-TV Mad Men

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad we finally get Mad Men in HD on foxtel, and dont need to wait months anymore. Also those without the movies package it looks like SoHo are airing Mad Men on a 6 day gap which is in the basic package. on Sundays at 7:30 but unlike Showcase it will have ads in it.

haha Peggy dropping the F Bomb, glad she is still in the show, and as always Rodger with the best lines in the show. and Don seems to have changed again he is not walking in circles anymore the old Don is back, but the thing with the lighter was like the old mad men when we still didnt know all about Don/Dick. Sally is still a brat. Damn Rodgers daughter wow she is looking good. They are still making Harry a creep. and how about Stan rocking the beard still miss the Stan/Peggy banter. Rodger in therapy reminds me of the Newsroom

Betty is looking better this season the hair dye was done well, i think January Jones was pregnant last season when they were shooting.

Love Foxtel getting this so fast, with 5.1 audio and the raw edits with the F Bombs still uncensored

So glad the show is back.

haha Peggy dropping the F Bomb, glad she is still in the show, and as always Rodger with the best lines in the show. and Don seems to have changed again he is not walking in circles anymore the old Don is back, but the thing with the lighter was like the old mad men when we still didnt know all about Don/Dick. Sally is still a brat. Damn Rodgers daughter wow she is looking good. They are still making Harry a creep. and how about Stan rocking the beard still miss the Stan/Peggy banter. Rodger in therapy reminds me of the Newsroom

Betty is looking better this season the hair dye was done well, i think January Jones was pregnant last season when they were shooting.

Love Foxtel getting this so fast, with 5.1 audio and the raw edits with the F Bombs still uncensored

So glad the show is back.

not really. still a little plump around the edges. i've never had much time for her and her shenanigans and her not being stunning makes it even harder.

Haha Roger's bright blue suit jacket. So late 60's.
And Pete's sideburns.
And the fact Pete's going bald.
And Harry's look in general.
And Stan's EPIC beard.

Was so disappointed with Don when he walked in to that woman's apartment at the end. FFS Don your wife worships you. And have you SEEN her?

Loved that Roger was utterly indifferent to his mother dying, but lost it with his shoe shine guy dying.

argh! the version i got didn't have the ending!

didn't realise til reading this thread, so won't get a chance to watch now until tomorrow. worst :(

in any case...

the first 4 seasons of Mad Men i waited until the dvd/blu-ray came out to watch over the course of a weekend with a packet of smokes, maybe some green, and a bottle of whiskey. (I was much more moralistic when it came to torrenting then... these days i buy the blu-ray anyway, so don't care about d/ling it now)

i watched series 5 every week as it came out...

but today confirmed what i suspected - this show is better watched over the course of one weekend. the endless "more questions than answers" is obviously critical to the shows success, it's intrigue, and it's general awesomeness - but it's frustrating to have waited 9 months or so for this episode... to get so little out of it.

i think i might see how i go next week - if i can stay away, i think i'll probably wait til the season's finished to watch it all.

------

i don't know what it is, but i just really despise betty. i was a bit flat after watching today's episode with the likelihood that she's heavily involved in this series' narrative.

xjyR1OG.png

"I hate it. You're ugly!"

Five seasons of Mad Men, and nothing had made me laugh as loud as that.

The ending was just like wtf Don. That's what Mad Men is all about. You get a really solid foundation and tehy hit you with these sort of poignant moments like that and also loved the scene in the office where Don is looking (lost in thought) at the private's lighter. Roger crying at the shoeshine was pure Roger. Very nice tempo setting first ep,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone notice the similarities between the Hawaii slides and season 1's the carosouel?

Not so much as a similarity...but the opposite, Meghan did the talking, Don was ambivalent towards the slides of Hawaii...perhaps it reinforces his unhappiness with his current situation as compared to Season 1? He was mildly unhappy back then...but now...?

A great memory to bring this video back up!

Not so much as a similarity...but the opposite, Meghan did the talking, Don was ambivalent towards the slides of Hawaii...perhaps it reinforces his unhappiness with his current situation as compared to Season 1? He was mildly unhappy back then...but now...?

A great memory to bring this video back up!

I was comparing the photos of himself and betty viz a viz the photos of himself and Megan?

Roger was just epic all episode. He's clearly decided he just wants to drop acid all the time and f**k the rest. Him talking with his psych was some of the funniest stuff in the entire series.

It was touching to see him finally breakdown and cry at the end.

Roger's season is going to be interesting.

Don's suicide-themed pitch was pretty great. "Does this remind of you suicide?" "Of course! That's what makes so great." Not surprising suicide hangs on Don's mind.

I have a feeling at least one main character is going to die this season.

Don's suicide-themed pitch was pretty great. "Does this remind of you suicide?" "Of course! That's what makes so great." Not surprising suicide hangs on Don's mind.

Something has to ramp up.

The mystery of Don made the show in those first three seasons.

Sally has all the makings of a disaster within the context of the era as well...youth rebellion, dysfunctional family.

Don was not thinking of suicide like a normal person. But of killing off one identity and creating a new identity.

Don you sly bastard. But of course that was going to happen given what happened in last season's finale. And the doctor's wife, played by Freaks and Geeks own Linda Cardellini (Lindsay).

Thought that was a Betty storyline that didn't suck, but there's no ongoing narrative there so it'll be interesting with what they come up with next.

Peggy really is her own woman now, just hope she doesn't become completely cold.

More Joan, more Pete's home life. Should be a great season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back