Gaming Madden 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Zone coverage greatly improved, especially like cover 3, none of those previous glitchy/cheese routes causing DBs to stand still or cover nonsensically, they now actually pick up players in their zones and follow them.

New pass assistance, not sure i like visual aids on the screen, you can get rid of defensive ones, but of the whole point of the new pass assistance is to visually display little boxes and provide lines, just looks stupid/arcadey.

Kick off and punt returns actually happen now, looks a million times better, yards to be made.

Running with the ball, more movement abilities, more stick skills, gives more freedom and sense of control.

Playbooks trimmed down, and new defensive plays where a cover 3 will give a cover 2 look to disguise.

User controlled blitzing, new "evade" (flick of the R) allows a blitzer to slip by a blocker....this looks like itll be super cheesy, and theyll probably have to patch the game sooner than later to nullify it.

One on one stand up tackles where theres a quick button mashing contest to see who wins it, could be a tackle made, could be a broken tackle, could be a third guy joins in and ends the contest. Yeah ok i guess, tho very cheesy.

The main thing they reiterated, and can be seen in the gameplay....definitely feels like people will feel like theyre truly controlling the action, stick skills, pass assistance, evade button, more freedom running with the ball, and eliminating those moments where you say to yourself "i did not want to do that why did it happen".

Only order all madden version for 3 days early access some mut stuff and due to being digital i never have to get up to change discs.

being digital i never have to get up to change discs.
Yeah i think this is the route i go too with all future gaming. I mean, you cant sell them back to EB Games tho is a big negative. But with me playing a bunch of gamepass games, fifa 22 and others, so easy to just slide into one game or the other and not have to change discs.

Yeah i think this is the route i go too with all future gaming. I mean, you cant sell them back to EB Games tho is a big negative. But with me playing a bunch of gamepass games, fifa 22 and others, so easy to just slide into one game or the other and not have to change discs.

Plus digital games are abit more expensive aswell to buy.

Had a look this week at purchasing the standard '23 edition through the links in '22 for $70, takes me to a gamepass screen where the only option is the bells & whistles edition for $100+, yeah nah, not paying that EA.

Last disk I bought was RDR2, all been digital since then.

edit, looking online, the standard edition is $99 with the gamepass discount...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They better have fixed this ******* server disconnection issue, I only play a couple games a week but every time there's at least one dropout, just had 3 in a row, never in games, only when doing midweek stuff, really aggravating.

20220813_174904.jpg

Relief Im So Relieved GIF

Playbooks trimmed down, and new defensive plays where a cover 3 will give a cover 2 look to disguise.
So dumbing down the game to those who didn't know how to do this?

Someone want to summarise this for me?
Dont really want to watch the video.
But if this sounds good, it might get me on board.

The customisation of relocation was what I loved in older maddens.

I mean, I might just buy this one to build up Ridder from a rookie. But other than that, a full fantasy draft with relocation is what I'd love.

Someone want to summarise this for me?
Dont really want to watch the video.
But if this sounds good, it might get me on board.

The customisation of relocation was what I loved in older maddens.

I mean, I might just buy this one to build up Ridder from a rookie. But other than that, a full fantasy draft with relocation is what I'd love.

Better trade, free agency, scouting, draft, progression logic is the main difference between this year and last according to them. Still not customisation of relocation thou doubt it comes for awhile.

I am liking the game so far but all i have being doing is playing MUT.

I only played a little bit of 22 and I actually enjoyed the gameplay
But I also enjoy ncaa 13 gameplay.

It's the franchise side of things I care about.
If that's back to what it was 15 years ago before it got stripped back, I'm back on board.
If not, I'll keep playing ncaa 13 (I'm 25 years into a Boise State save atm, my goal is to get the trophy for playing for 60 straight seasons)

Grabbing the trial now, looks like the base series X version is almost $100 which is a bit rude, which version did you get Constantgin ?

I grabbed all madden edition i think for about $140 mainly for 3 days early game play and extra mut stuff you get. Helped i had last 3 days off work so i have been smashing it last couple of days. Mainly Mut thou.

I grabbed all madden edition i think for about $140 mainly for 3 days early game play and extra mut stuff you get. Helped i had last 3 days off work so i have been smashing it last couple of days. Mainly Mut thou.

Yeah grabbed that as well, though mainly as I plan to update to at least the Series S soon and didn't want to have to rebuy it.

Seems fine, a little bit crappy that some of the newer presentation stuff still didn't come across to the old console versions, I'm sure not all of it requires the added power etc.

One of the disappointing things is how slow and clunky just moving around the menu's still is. Hopefully that isn't so bad on the newer consoles?

Yeah grabbed that as well, though mainly as I plan to update to at least the Series S soon and didn't want to have to rebuy it.

Seems fine, a little bit crappy that some of the newer presentation stuff still didn't come across to the old console versions, I'm sure not all of it requires the added power etc.

One of the disappointing things is how slow and clunky just moving around the menu's still is. Hopefully that isn't so bad on the newer consoles?

Not that I've experienced so far.

The new passing system will take a little getting used to but I do like it so far though, should enable better placement, though good to have the option to stick with the old system if you want.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back