Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

Remove this Banner Ad

Micah turns 24 today... hard to believe he is still so young and has so much of his career ahead of him!

Really feels like he's been around forever (which he has)

One of the most underrated right backs in English football

Especially by the english. Id like to think he didnt get a call up due to his attacking work rates as england played so defensively, but swear theres more too it.

Good stuff from F365 Mediawatch http://www.football365.com/mediawatch/7840956/Mediawatch

You may recall that, after the Ivory Coast lost the Africa Cup of Nations final on penalties to Zambia, Wayne Rooney tweeted the following:

'Funny that 2 toures was there all the way and lost. Haha.'

Haha indeed. The responses of Kolo and Yaya are presently unknown, but Mediawatch hopes they both shat a lung laughing.

And also

Hey, we know having a pop at Alan Shearer is not so much shooting fish in a barrel, more firing a bazooka at a whale in a matchbox, but balls to it - Mediawatch is tired.

You may, like we did, have performed an extra-rapid double take when Shearer mused: "Balotelli hasn't achieved anything in his career yet."

Call us lazy if you like, but we're just going to copy and paste the 'honours' section from Balotelli's Wikipedia page for this one:

'Inter Milan: Serie A (3): 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, Coppa Italia (1): 2009-10, Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2008, UEFA Champions League (1): 2009-10

'Manchester City: Premier League (1): 2011-12, FA Cup (1): 2010-11.'

Which, as the petty and vindictive among you will note, is much, much more than Big Al ever won

Especially by the english. Id like to think he didnt get a call up due to his attacking work rates as england played so defensively, but swear theres more too it.

To throw a conspiracy theory out there, I have heard that he is a business partner of two premier league playing brothers neither of whom have a great fondness for one premier league playing ex international captain.

i thought about that tweet as soon as big vincent headed home on the stroke of half time.

most people that criticise mario do it based on his attitude, not his actual ability. and then they become polarised on how good he is due to his shitty attitude. plus he might be adding euro 2012 to that list. not bad for a 21 year old.

Mancini signing was even better with the usual suspects in the press all certain that he was moving to Russia. Still, I'm not sure theres a player in the team that the press weren't "certain" was leaving. Silva the current one, and that'll be bollocks like the rest.

I got sucked in to the YaYa rumour. Won't be fooled again. Would be shocked to see anyone leave of their own accord. Great squad, great coach, money out their earholes, almost guaranteed silverware, regularly competing for European titles, fantastic support and fanbase.. Even AJ who has been quite vocal in his frustration at being left on the sidelines is keen to kick on.

As if anyone would voluntarily move from the best club in the world. :) Footballers play for success, and right now there's no better club to be at if you want to win a title.

What do my fellow Citizens think about the new kit as a whole? Black trim and black numbers on the home, I'm a bit undecided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see the kids get a run. Didn't have a stream (was tucked in bed by this stage haha).

Vinnie always stays positive even after a loss.

There is some funny stuff involving Aguero and Tevez on the club website at the moment. Photo's videos and answering peoples tweets. Who would have thought that when he wasn't sulking or golfing that Carlito had a quirky sense of humour?

Yaya, Tevez, Aguero and Silva amongst others all saying they love it at City and are staying. Anything else going on in the press is complete bollocks.

i was impressed with biton and lopes in particular. biton is basically a white yaya who's body hasn't filled out yet, has to be close to 2 meters tall and can run. could be a gem.

lopes for a 16 year old reminded me of, dare i say it, ronaldo. would explain why his nickname is rommy. 16 and looks good on the ball. tevez looks fit, he was running after anything and everything in the first half, kolarov was also impressive down the left, still maintain he's a better winger than a defender. al hilal set up on the counter, especially in the second half, and took advantage of inexperience. we had 7 academy lads out there at the start of the second half, kolo (who looks very unfit) as captain and weiss the next experienced after that. i think we should hold onto weiss, he has a nice bag of tricks, some pace and looked genuinely annoyed at the end of the game that we'd lost. i like that, even for a practice game he wants to win. rekik should get some first team games too, plays a lot like vertonghen, comfortable will the ball at his feet and seemed to have good communication with big vincent.

i was impressed with biton and lopes in particular. biton is basically a white yaya who's body hasn't filled out yet, has to be close to 2 meters tall and can run. could be a gem.

lopes for a 16 year old reminded me of, dare i say it, ronaldo. would explain why his nickname is rommy. 16 and looks good on the ball. tevez looks fit, he was running after anything and everything in the first half, kolarov was also impressive down the left, still maintain he's a better winger than a defender. al hilal set up on the counter, especially in the second half, and took advantage of inexperience. we had 7 academy lads out there at the start of the second half, kolo (who looks very unfit) as captain and weiss the next experienced after that. i think we should hold onto weiss, he has a nice bag of tricks, some pace and looked genuinely annoyed at the end of the game that we'd lost. i like that, even for a practice game he wants to win. rekik should get some first team games too, plays a lot like vertonghen, comfortable will the ball at his feet and seemed to have good communication with big vincent.

I read it was from always wearing a brazilian Ronaldo top to every training session as a youngster. nickname went from Ronaldo to Rony.
I fell asleep as soon as the stream started, Tell me more about Rekik, Whats his body type? Could he be preferred over Savic? How was Scapuzzi?

yes ofc it's ronny, no idea why i put rommy.

rekik looks a lot like savic, savic seems to have put on a bit more muscle, although i didn't take as much notice in the second half as i did in the first. rekik's pretty much bang on 6 foot, and looks very comfortable, i've wanted him to play for ages and he looks to have more confidence in his abilities on the ball than savic. savic was unlucky to be paired next to an obviously unfit and uninterested kolo in the second half, but he did some nice things. rekik next to kompany looked good. boyata played but im pretty sure it was at right back, i wasn't too sure on the formation in the second half, fairly sure it was a back for of boyata/kolo/savic/helan.

i don't think scapuzzi will make it. a decent squad player, maybe, but he doesn't seem to do enough when on the ball. i do, however, like 17 year old george evans. croatian 18 year old mario jelavic was on trial, and made 30 minutes in the 2nd half before being swapped for bobby's son filippo, who wasn't much better.

it was incredibly dour, but it was only a training run really. tevez, kolarov and weiss impressed in particular, the rest were just finding their feet or just kids getting experience. it must have meant the world to someone like rekik to start next to kompany, or biton with yaya. they've got to get experience somehow obviously, and this is probably the best way.

Re watched the first half of Al Hilal match last night, and saw the second half for the first time. Was impressed with Rekik as well, not sure how he would cope physically in the premier league at centre back but could he be an option as a backup to Lescott and Kompany?

Probably prefer he went out on loan somewhere and got some games into him. Looks very comfortable on the ball though, and I think only 17???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back