Manchester City FC Thread - Champions of England, Europe & The World

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^^ Chelski have spent some coin again.... They must have fantastic merchandise sales heading into FFP. Although they did get 50mil for winnning the Champions League didn't they?

I get the feeling we are on the verge of a big deal with players going both ways. Film at 11.

Found a good stream with British commentary 10 mins in. Good chance to view some of the youngsters and see how fat Kolo really is :D

totally forgot about the friendly

i think we should play 1 game with our preferred starting 11 (minus injuries). bit worrying that dzeko hasnt played any minutes so far, good to see vinny isn't seriously injured and that lopes keeps getting starts.

edit: apparently dzeko is injured, good i guess, i'd rather that then him being left out cos he's going.

I'm not sure I can stay up past 3am either.... I at least wanted to see how the boys lined up in this game just for my own benefit. Lopez looks like he'll gain a heap from this experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did anyone else see the incident where 17 year old george evans did a pretty ordinary tackle to manuel fernandes, fernandes decides to be a big man and shove evans in the face, who straight away got up and said that he was sorry and was obviously incredibly rattled by his mistake, and the whole besiktas team decides to be a bunch of campaigners, kolarov then charges about 50 yards from left back to get right in the middle of it and, along with razak, removes a pack of sheepish looking besiktas players. respect rose massively for kolarov, running in like that a protecting a lad that he would barely know.

edit: holy run on sentence batman

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

Couple of goals is alright with me! I've been watching the footy and haven't bothered to find a stream yet (early-ish night because I'm getting up for the opening ceremony).

How is Kolo playing? Does he look like he wants to be there?

eh hard to tell, he's done alright. i don't know if he's actively seeking to get out, just we want to move him on due to age + wages. he's not as fat looking as he was in the first friendly which is a plus, and kept pace with walcott earlier too.

we're playing 3 at the back with savic/kolo/kompany, they've all been good, zaba and kolarov as wingbacks. biton has been impressive, yaya is absolutely dominating in the midfield and aguero/tevez are making some nice runs. not sure how well the 3 at the back would work in competitive matches but if there's a place to try it it's here.

I always get nervous with three at the back, don't care how good of a team we are, it is a risk if every player isn't fully certain of their roles. I'd love to see Razak get more game time in the cup competitions like we allowed him last year

Won it 3-1.

Aguero (great individual goal), Tevez and Johnson.

Not much to take from a pretty easy run out, but I'm loving watching our central midfielders kids Suarez, Lopes and Evans who looked really classy in a half hour cameo.

Now for (hopefully) a bit of transfer business, in and out, and look forward to the glorified friendly/first trophy of the season (delete one) in two weeks time.

aguero's goal was fantastic. messi-esque really.

i hope we never have to play johnson as a right back again. lazy when he's on the wing without the responsibility of tracking back. yaya's passing was an absolute delight, plus i really like the look of lopes, evans and biton (who obviously didn't play). worrying was that savic still seemed to panic against strikers nowhere near premier league level. definitely needs to be loaned out to either another premier league or championship level club to gain some confidence. i still hold belief that he can make it, but it's gonna take a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back