Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AWB out for 'several weeks' now. The news just keeps getting better!

We're a mess right now for a whole heap of reasons but I do think that fatigue from last seasons fixture congestion is playing a big part in our poor performances and injuries. Liverpool got hit hard by it last season and we've got even worse squad depth than them plus a whole lot more disfunction on top of that.

Some takeover news during the current shit storm..

Bloomberg's business reporter now backing up Custis' information that sale is likely to conclude in October and that Qatar will win.

Some other Twitter chatter (take it as you will) saying INEOS and Glazers have been trying to sort out issues with SJR's bid for past few weeks but still haven't gotten anywhere. Also, Qatar is likely to just pay more now to buy us.

Some takeover news during the current s**t storm..

Bloomberg's business reporter now backing up Custis' information that sale is likely to conclude in October and that Qatar will win.

Some other Twitter chatter (take it as you will) saying INEOS and Glazers have been trying to sort out issues with SJR's bid for past few weeks but still haven't gotten anywhere. Also, Qatar is likely to just pay more now to buy us.

If those are the rumours it sounds like a reach, like Qatar have just decided to pay more out of the blue.

Bloomberg have come out with news only a couple weeks before October backing up what Custis said about an October sale (someone known as having NFI), when Bloomberg didn’t have a single thing to say for months.

Glazers and SJR haven’t gotten anywhere over the last few weeks. They haven’t gotten anywhere for 10 months. I doubt they have been burning the midnight oil. 😂

If those are the rumours it sounds like a reach, like Qatar have just decided to pay more out of the blue.

Bloomberg have come out with news only a couple weeks before October backing up what Custis said about an October sale (someone known as having NFI), when Bloomberg didn’t have a single thing to say for months.

Glazers and SJR haven’t gotten anywhere over the last few weeks. They haven’t gotten anywhere for 10 months. I doubt they have been burning the midnight oil. 😂

1. It is just twitter chatter. Wasn't reported by any news outlet.

2. Not completely true. Custis has called out transfers/interest before other journalists have. Regardless, Bloomberg aren't directly quoting him or using him as a source. In regards to Bloomberg not saying anything for months, I take that as more of positive that they don't provide constant bullshit updates and focus on quality of information when they hear something.

3. The Glazers are now apparently trying to ensure that all Glazers stay on as part of SJR's bid rather than just two only, which comes with alot more issues, hence the continued talks for past few weeks.

What about Ten Hag and his agency having alot of say in our transfer activity. Don't like that at all.

Agree, that was quite alarming if true.

'Bust up' in the rooms, after the game apparently. Martinez, McTominay, Fernandes and Lindelof.
Good, at least some of them give a shit.

What about Ten Hag and his agency having alot of say in our transfer activity. Don't like that at all.
Seems like the knives are being sharpened for EtH. Madness IMO. Anyway, of course the manager has a say on transfers at United. We have no DoF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like the knives are being sharpened for EtH. Madness IMO. Anyway, of course the manager has a say on transfers at United. We have no DoF.

I'm happy to tank this season and keep ETH so that he can focus on fixing the culture and getting rid of the snakes. I don't want to see another manager sacked which lets the players win again. Keep him on, atleast, until a stand out candidate emerges.

However, wtf are Fletcher and Mortough doing? If ETH's son has an analytics role at his agency and that's how we are recruiting, then we are in big trouble. Would explain his preference to go with familiar players.

Manager having a say in transfers is no issue, however, if his agency is doing the scouting/profiling, then the club might as well pack it up.

Agree lack of DoF is a huge issue atm.

I'm happy to tank this season and keep ETH so that he can focus on fixing the culture and getting rid of the snakes. I don't want to see another manager sacked which lets the players win again. Keep him on, atleast, until a stand out candidate emerges.

However, wtf are Fletcher and Mortough doing? If ETH's son has an analytics role at his agency and that's how we are recruiting, then we are in big trouble. Would explain his preference to go with familiar players.

Manager having a say in transfers is no issue, however, if his agency is doing the scouting/profiling, then the club might as well pack it up.

Agree lack of DoF is a huge issue atm.
The club is a mess, nothing will improve until the sale happens.

I don't see the issue with having his own analyst's particularly, if they are recommending spuds that's more the problem.

Which players do you think are the problem?

I don't think ETH is in any danger of being sacked, more so with the club up for sale makes no sense to payout large money.

Which players do you think are the problem?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if half of the squad were involved in leaks atm. Everyone seems to have their own agenda and I, definitley, think there is a division in the dressing room caused by the Greenwood/Antony/Sancho sagas.

Hence, why I am ok with giving ETH a 3rd season to see if he can fix the failures of the current season.

Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back