Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The effort from Hojlund really came to be this morning, great goal and great assist, things he has be trying to make happen.
The kids got the talent, and the attributes to succeed at United imo. He does need service though, and will continue to look average until he gets it.

Last edited:
The kids got the talent, and the attributes to succeed at United imo. He does need service though, and will continue to looks average until he gets it.

He had 1 chance this morning, 1 CHANCE, and he scored. Haaland would look bog average in our team, he thrives on lots of chances to score goals.

He had 1 chance this morning, 1 CHANCE, and he scored. Haaland would look bog average in our team, he thrives on lots of chances to score goals.
And came from Rashford ignoring him, running in to a dead end and being tackled and the ball spilling to him. Kid plays with the worst chance creating team in United history.

And came from Rashford ignoring him, running in to a dead end and being tackled and the ball spilling to him. Kid plays with the worst chance creating team in United history.
EtH needs to drop Rashford a.s.a.p. such a selfish player. Garnacho not great either, but not to the same level.

Glad to see the media calling out ETH's bullshit now. Richard Keys absolutely destroyed his claim that we played well and also, Keano/Neville are now starting to catch on that the new ownership structure isn't going to automatically fix poor management from ETH. There is only so much bullshit you can spin before everyone catches on that you are a fraud.

The fans deserve much better than the rubbish he has coached this squad to become. I would happily give him leeway if he just went all out attack and favoured midfield control, but every week he seems to outdo himself by doing more dumb s**t, which tells me, he is simply not up to it. Even when he stumbles upon something that works, he will still resort back to stupidity.

He is an awful coach who is in survival mode atm. February should be when he gets his deserved sacking.

Last edited:
Brilliant post from RedCafe about Antony. Everything I have ever wanted to articulate about Antony but I just couldn’t manage it.

What tangible attribute does he have to be useful as any form of attacker?

Does he rinse a man for pace? No
Does he have the ability to dribble in and out of tight spaces like Bernardo Silva? No
Does he have a great shot? No
Is he a great finisher? No
Does he have the vision of Bruno Fernandes? No
Does he have the passing ability of a good 10 (weight, range, creativity)? No
Does he have a reliable cross from a range of positions? No

What have we actually got to work with? The one footedness wouldn't matter if he had other elite attributes. Look at how one footed Bernardo Silva is:

Ajax absolutely ripped off our club.

Add to that the pressure of playing for Man Utd which appears to just swallow everyone up, he was always going to fail.

I saw Roy Keane talking about his days in the United dressing room, that man was built differently, talking about “going into battle” with the blokes next to you, can’t imagine any of our current weak ass shitty players saying anything like that.

Hannibal gone to Sevilla on loan, non mandatory option of 20mil euro's. Shame, I liked him, think he's going to be a top player.
Well he is better than McTominay yet here we are.

Add to that the pressure of playing for Man Utd which appears to just swallow everyone up, he was always going to fail.

I saw Roy Keane talking about his days in the United dressing room, that man was built differently, talking about “going into battle” with the blokes next to you, can’t imagine any of our current weak ass shitty players saying anything like that.

That kind of mentality was special back then but it has almost completely been eradicated from the game now. For most players its just a job.

Part of me wonders whether Fergie would have had anywhere the level of success that he had if he were applying his methods with this modern generation of players. When you look at how much they earn these days, the influence of social media, all the outside distractions they have, rising influence of player agents, etc. I reckon he would have hated having to manage today's players.

That kind of mentality was special back then but it has almost completely been eradicated from the game now. For most players its just a job.

Part of me wonders whether Fergie would have had anywhere the level of success that he had if he were applying his methods with this modern generation of players. When you look at how much they earn these days, the influence of social media, all the outside distractions they have, rising influence of player agents, etc. I reckon he would have hated having to manage today's players.
Fergie would have adapted imo. He was so good at getting the most of of his players, and creating a team. Those skills are transferable to any era.

He wouldn't have persisted with the likes of Pogba and Lingard and Martial either, they would be long gone.

How do Pep and Klopp keep their players in check?

Yeh, the new age footballers are more entitled but if you are a good enough manager, you deal with these things easily as the players know who the boss is. Players will naturally fall in line when they see their manager is creating success or else they will be booted out. It all comes down to having competent ownership and a competent manager. Also, most importantly, not giving dumbass inflated wages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like Glazers wanted out and wanted Qatar to close the deal at 5.2 billion but they just wasted time not providing proof of funds. SJR played the long game and swooped in later.

Even SJR was ready to withdraw his offer if it wasn't accepted by XMAS day.

All in all very disappointing that there weren't many different buyers willing to buy the club fully, especially since Glazers were ready to feck off but hopefully, INEOS can finally get rid of them soon.

Saw something on twitter that the Qatar bid is countering some of the claims. Unsure if it's progressed.
If blatant mistruths are included in an SEC filing then the ramifications involved are quite extreme for the owners and the many, many lawyers involved. Extremely unlikely. I'm of the view that this has been PR from this bloke from the start. The SEC filings backs that view.

If blatant mistruths are included in an SEC filing then the ramifications involved are quite extreme for the owners and the many, many lawyers involved. Extremely unlikely. I'm of the view that this has been PR from this bloke from the start. The SEC filings backs that view.

If any other club was involved I'd straight up agree but modern day United is a mess and wouldn't shock me at all.

Hold onto your horses on that one, Jassim is calling bullshit.

Knowing how thick the people at our club are, Jassim is probably a plumber like the bloke who bid on the Champions League rights in Australia.

Off topic, but I thought this was funny. Apparently Jose Mourinho has made 80 million pounds from being fired.

Chelsea (1st time) - £18m
Real Madrid - £17m
Chelsea (2nd time) - £8.3m
Manchester United - £19.6m
Tottenham - £15m
Roma - £3m
Good job of you can lose it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back