Scandal Marlion Pickett - In Custody for multiple offences - Later bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett has been charged by WA Police with four counts of aggravated burglary, with three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage among his other charges.
The alleged offences took place between December 2022 and January 2023.
Pickett has a “strong intent” to defend himself, his manager Anthony Van Der Wielen told 7NEWS in a statement.

Racist comments will immediately cop a long break from Bigfooty, discuss the issue not the skin colour or race.
Thank you.

P.S This thread has nothing to do with the Clarkson/Racism review discussion.
This thread is not the place to discuss the prison system and prisoner rehabilitation, you can take that to the SRP board.
This is the scandals and rumours board only, please stay on topic in here.

Last edited:
Could be they had a hammer to break a lock on a factory door.
Could be.
That's aggravated burglary.

Not saying it's nothing but it could be not that bad.
Very possible.
Also cops usually add on a more serious charge that they can't prove to get people to negotiate.

So there's that .
They also put on charges to keep the suspect locked up because they don’t want him disappearing.

They also sometimes put on charges because that’s what the perpetrator is actually charged with. Crazy stuff.

Could be they had a hammer to break a lock on a factory door.

That's aggravated burglary.

Not saying it's nothing but it could be not that bad.

Also cops usually add on a more serious charge that they can't prove to get people to negotiate.

So there's that .
These days its cctv and alarm systems unless your going for worthless junk. This would be an overseas insurance company backed charges and they would be out of pocket a pretty dime (Millions) and probably don't even know who Marlion Pickett is and don't care they need charges to substantiate large payouts.

I’m a bit surprised they waited until after the game. They would have known he was coming, what’s stopping them just waiting for him at the airport or at his hotel? That kind of info would have been easy enough for them to get

I just don’t see what sort of gains the police would have gotten by letting him play out the game other than to possibly lull him in to a false sense of security about his actions catching up to him

The gain is avoiding any possible perception of interference with the operations of the AFL. Consider the other extreme: the police could've marched onto the field and arrested him during play. They would've been perfectly entitled to do so, but it would've made the police and the arrest part of the story. Arresting him before the match would've is much less dramatic, but it would still have forced Richmond to change their lineup for reasons they could not reasonably have anticipated, thereby arguably giving Fremantle an advantage and again making the arrest part of the story. It's a minor consideration to be sure, but the cost to society of arresting him after rather than before the match is also minimal. Risk management.

Holy hell, i really knew next to nothing about him and his history. Forget him being an AFL listed player that has been coaxed into committing crimes by his mates, he's a criminal who has been coaxed into playing AFL footy.🫤

-committing grievous bodily harm.

-While on bail for that charge, Pickett was arrested for engaging in a subsequent brawl and charged with both robbery and assault.

-more criminal offences including driving without a licence and burglary

-becoming an ice user and dealer

-He soon began burgling local cars to fund the habit

-he and a group of friends conducted two major early-morning burglaries by smashing into local shopping centres with sledgehammers on back-to-back weekends.

Was subsequently charged and found guilty of 17 counts of burglary and one count of aggravated burglary.

He's just been a lowly drain on society for much of his life. I'm happy to be completely wrong but I reckon he's guilty of these latest charges, it's a wild hunch.

Will he be allowed to leave the state? Genuine question. Also, that last line really doesn't help the cause no matter which angle you see it from.
Not sure of the specific bail laws in WA (eg some states don't allow bail if you offend on bail - obs he's not on bail currently).

I would think he gets bail and is allowed to travel interstate with conditions. Eg surrender passport.

My other concern is that, given his history, he may be looking at jail time if convicted.

And my understanding of the charged of 'aggrevated burglary' is that people were present and weapons used (be it Hammer, knife or whatever..all treated the same).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stand by what I said, criminals get no sympathy from me especially repeat offenders like him. I agree driving without a licence is not a hanging offence, I was just quoting his offences which had that lumped in with more serious ones. Serious alarm bells ringing if you think dealing ice is in any way normal or accepted behaviour, my god. Actually with the ice dealing make that an extreme drain on society along with everyone else doing it. Maybe you and i run in very different circles. Granted i didn't qualify any of it with how he grew up or how many kids he has raised, let's get into how all that changes crimes committed or not. It doesn't help the victims of his crimes how it all came about or the repurcussions of his actions or knowing right from wrong. Just don't label it as "racist! racist!" it's truly desperate and seems to be your go to catch cry. I think he commited more burglaries and criminal damage. Will happily apologise if wrong.

Last edited:
Would never comment on anything on the main board or any other clubs but have just read through 15 pages of perplexing comments of what is serious issue for him personally but a genuine issue across this country.

The afl and entire community need to seriously consider wtf is going on, if these or any action or even any comments around Marlon and what has gone on are true or not true. I absolutely love footy and australia and everything it brings and when you hear s**t like this it really should drive home a need for everyone to support everyone, but for some reason, we don’t, and individually don’t want to help each other out. (Some do)

I genuinely hope for whatever is going on in anyone’s lives, can stop and think and give thought to help, for anyone, because that’s what matters.

WA police must be Eagles supporters, why was he allowed to play before they arrested him?
They obviously knew it was going to be a media shitstorm and wanted to time the arrest to control that a bit.

Dane Swan and Dusty both told to ditch their deadbeat friends but that's a good thing. Hardwick probably cops the blame for not telling Pickett to ditch his crook family and mates, but Clarko and Fagan are definitely racist when they did it.

I think Eddie had a crack at Heath Shaw and Alan Didak's scaly mates too

Just bizarre if he couldn’t hold off on committing burglaries while being highly paid and living the dream.

Is he highly paid in comparison to other AFL players?

I remember Martin Pike being interviewed by Mike Sheehan on that show he used to have and Pike as a 4 time premiership player wasn't paid that well. He put it down to his off field history. There were reasons he played at 4 clubs.

Maybe he'll end up at West Coast, the reverse Ben Cousins. There was talk of Geelong picking him up, apparently great mates with Tim Kelly and there was talk it might help persuade Kelly to stay at Geelong.

Is he highly paid in comparison to other AFL players?

I remember Martin Pike being interviewed by Mike Sheehan on that show he used to have and Pike as a 4 time premiership player wasn't paid that well. He put it down to his off field history. There were reasons he played at 4 clubs.

Maybe he'll end up at West Coast, the reverse Ben Cousins. There was talk of Geelong picking him up, apparently great mates with Tim Kelly and there was talk it might help persuade Kelly to stay at Geelong.
Even the lowest paid AFL players would get paid more than most people. He clearly wasn't robbing someone because he was desperate.

I’m a bit surprised they waited until after the game. They would have known he was coming, what’s stopping them just waiting for him at the airport or at his hotel? That kind of info would have been easy enough for them to get

I just don’t see what sort of gains the police would have gotten by letting him play out the game other than to possibly lull him in to a false sense of security about his actions catching up to him

He comes home to play a game of footy, all his mates and extended family are there to watch him play and have a quick catch up in the rooms afterwards.

He doesn't take his place, word filters through that the cops grabbed him at the airport and locked him up. Things kick off from there.

Or they let him play, let him have his catch up, then once everyone has left, quietly grab him.

Easier and less emotional for all involved.

Not many deadbeats get the chance he has been given. If true I don't want to hear even a hint of a sob story.
heck imagine the sob story, I reckon he'll be given a ban from the afl and will end his career.

Hopefully he stays out of trouble post afl and this incident. Life is so valuable, you don't want to waste it making poor decisions. I hope he gets the help he needs and stays out of trouble, I feel for his children who no doubt idolise their father.

Come on man, do the right thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back