Opinion Marshall vs Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
The same number of goals that Marshall has in his career to date.

Is it really either/or, as suggested here.
I am hoping Dixon kicks 60, Georgides + Marshall kick 50 combined and our mosquito fleet of Fantasia, Gray, Rozee, Butters and Motlop kick 30+ each but it will probably be 20+ each so that should be 200 goals from these 8 players and another 15-20 from Ladhams.

Reckon Port will kick 330+ goals in minor round. In 2019 Geelong kicked the most goals in 22 games - 291.

Port kicked 257 goals in 2019. 26 players kicked goals, 12 players kicked single digits for 57 goals and the other 14 players kicked 200 goals. 3 midfields kicked 10 or 11, Boak, SPP and Duursma. so basically 170 goals from 11 players who spent a lot of time in the forwardline. I'm saying this year about 230-250 goals will come from Port's main 9 forwards.

So far 7 of the 9 have kicked 26 of the 35 goals with Gray only kicking 0.1 and Rozee hasn't played yet.

Last team to kick 330+ goals in the minor round, 336 was Melbourne in 2018. They kicked another 33 goals in 3 finals = 369 goals. Their top 10 goal kickers kicked 265 goals and the next 18 players kick 104 goals.

I reckon with the new rules and the way Port play the top 9 or 10 goal kickers will kick over 2/3rds of the goals.

Don't might experimenting.
The ball might get out the back and it might burn us but can't say we didn't give it a shot.
Could be the athletic ablitiy of Aliir Aliir covering the ground in defence is going to be put to the test.

Hinkley on Friday declared his confidence in pairing both Todd Marshall (198cm) and Mitch Georgiades (192cm) alongside All-Australian key forward Charlie Dixon (200cm) in Saturday night's clash with West Coast at Perth Stadium.

Simpson has the triple-tandem of Josh Kennedy (196cm), Jack Darling (191cm) and Oscar Allen (194cm).

And with Port Adelaide succeeding with two ruckmen - Scott Lycett (203cm) and Peter Ladhams (202cm) - this Round 3 clash might draw the stage theme of a battle in the "Land of the Giants".

"We have to be ready to take care for what the talls bring for us, but we also have to have an eye on what that might cost us," Hinkley said. "And we have done that (study) pretty closely."

"They will (both) play ... and the major question is can they play together?" Hinkley said at Alberton before the captain's run session on Friday night. "We are about to find out.

"They will certainly play.

"What I do like about both boys is they are significant players on the ground. They are not just tall marking players. Mitch is learning his craft daily, almost hour by hour. He is getting better in all parts of his game. He has an incredible set on wheels - no-one in our side bar Karl Amon can run any better than Georgiades.

"So we don't lose any run, we don't lose any effort .
.. he is just learning when to use it and how to use it.

"Marshall is the same.

"They are both very creative players for us. They keep us quick.

"We have been wanting to have a look at it (the Marshall-Georgiades tandem) and we have not had the chance because Todd had a (cheek) injury in the pre-season. I am confident they can work together; I am confident that good marking players who work defensively and at the contest for us can stay in the side.

"I have no fear of that ... now the proof will be in the pudding.

"The challenge for us now is to make that work. And it is an enormous challenge already playing West Coast; we need two rucks (Lycett and Ladhams) to play against Nic Naitanui - as good a ruckman as you will come across in this game."

Marshall ey. He got given Neade's gold pass on his way out the door.

2 possies, 1 turnover, no score to half time.

Edit: sorry he scored a behind

Have a look at the thread title

thats got nothing to do with the moronic application of expectations on Marshall. We lose a game and there’s a flood in on this thread calling him s**t. How many posts have you made in wines, boaks hartletts Dbjs threads tonight who have all been major culprits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats got nothing to do with the moronic application of expectations on Marshall. We lose a game and there’s a flood in on this thread calling him sh*t. How many posts have you made in wines, boaks hartletts Dbjs threads tonight who have all been major culprits?
He simply isn’t a good player as Georgiadeis. MG is in his second year, Marshall his 5th.

To be honest, MG went past him last year. Should have played in the prelim ahead of Marshall.

He didn’t fire a shot in the last half a dozen games before the finals and still got picked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back