Martin Hardie: I write the forms... I think Evans ran the program

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CozzaD, any news on the Hird/Charter link?

What about the hundreds of texts that prove Hird was complicit with what Dank was doing?

Go on....

As a part of the privately funded group who has been investigating this for the purpose of apparently releasing the awesome findings on Bigfooty, shouldn't you be the one telling Morgoth what happened, not the other way around?

Anyway shouldn't you head back to ringing up Neil Mitchell with all the other Young Liberals right now?

146.jpg

The Evans and Co Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people at the ALP, under the supervision of reverse vampires Eddie McGuire and Bill Kelty, were forcing Essendon footballers to take supplements in a fiendish plot to eliminate the COLA

We're through the looking glass here people......

As one bloke pointed out here yeterday, there are two major things at play, the drug issue, but also the Corporate Governance/Conflict of Interest/Possible Corruption issue.

Before deciding to log on, all this website seemed to be locked onto, was the drugs. The Infraction Notices are not the be all and end all of this, there is still major Corporate Governance/Conflict of Interest/Possible Corruption issues the game needs to address.

Remove the blinkers crew, stop looking at the drugs as the be all and end all. The 'mechanics' as to why we even have an "ASADA issue" at all need to be worked out.
AFL, union officials and politicians corrupt? Sure, would assume a lot are.
But you're listing people and organisations without any link to evidence of an ASADA cover up or conspiracy. You haven't even made a claim about what these people have actually done. Just a lot of 'this guy has his fingers in a lot of pies and so does that guy' I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve but you sound fishy.
If you think it is much bigger than ASADA, then it shouldn't be on this board let alone this thread.
As to the reason we have an 'ASADA issue', there is at least some circumstantial evidence that Essendon breached the WADA code to which the AFL is a signatory.

Christ, anyone can talk in riddles and make out like they have the big scoop on something.

This is an anonymous forum. If there is a smoking gun that no-one knows about yet why not just log in at an internet cafe, make a new account and spill the beans 100%. Then just delete your account and walk away incognito.

The internet is full of this 'oh you're close but I know more than you' stuff. Given your anonymity there is no reason why you can't (or should I say wouldn't) just post the whole story. One could be forgiven for thinking you just want to play the passive troll role. What have you got to lose?

Once he causes a general disdain for Hawthorn posters he'll redirect to Carlton or whoever. Freo supporter my ass. What a crock of sh&t.

I think BigFooty should look at banning people who claim false clubs as their preferred choice. It's not always easy to tell, but there have been a few obvious cases of Essendon supporters claiming to support other clubs.

Then again, come to think of it, I wouldn't admit to supporting Essendon either.

Christ, anyone can talk in riddles and make out like they have the big scoop on something.

This is an anonymous forum. If there is a smoking gun that no-one knows about yet why not just log in at an internet cafe, make a new account and spill the beans 100%. Then just delete your account and walk away incognito.

The internet is full of this 'oh you're close but I know more than you' stuff. Given your anonymity there is no reason why you can't (or should I say wouldn't) just post the whole story. One could be forgiven for thinking you just want to play the passive troll role. What have you got to lose?

Very well said.

Nothing, but I don't want to paste lumps of info all at once. I'd rather do it more slowly so people digest it and can interpret it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CozzaD, any news on the Hird/Charter link?

What about the hundreds of texts that prove Hird was complicit with what Dank was doing?

My early points of interest from Weidler article are:

- Andrew Dem asking Hird to step down. Ironic that Dem is gone and Hird is here still.
- James taking jabs. I'm still of the view that the coaching staff were also being used as guinea pigs to bypass WADA/ASADA rules, the off field staff were "guinea pigs" also.

Other than that, no comment.

Nothing, but I don't want to paste lumps of info all at once. I'd rather do it more slowly so people digest it and can interpret it.
Rough translation: I want people to love me, and if they find out I'm just some numpty throwing mud at everyone except the cretin most involved, they won't hang on my every post.

Listen, you're the one who quoted me, and then posted this garbage below.

Every man and his dog in the thread has queried the "financials" at some point, so to come in here and start gobbing off about things being spoken about that are 'out of context', well, you're either very slow on the uptake, or trying desperately to divert the conversation away from the actual topic.

Who knows what "cosy up to hardie" was actually suppose to mean, but don't bother explaining.

I'll be happy to not get any further notification from you, thanks Robbo.
Kwality definitely not Robbo. Hates Victorian clubs in the AFL too much.

The email list? Some people have the email, some don't. End of. Respect privacy and the fact I'm trying to help.
It’s obvious that you’re trying to help. You’re just hiding who you’re trying to help ...

Lead off with some well synthesised but publicly available facts, tantalise with the promise of more, and invite others to reach their own conclusions, whilst subtlely pushing them to the conclusion you want them to reach.

Yeah, lots of fearless and favourless bullshit calling going on there.

Is anyone else's "Bullshit Meter" bouncing off the end of the dial?

Yes but thats par for the course with these guys. Affiliated with a club other than EFC, pretending to be concerned about the bigger picture, then it goes to fundamental rights and look at those other clubs, somewhere the UN gets a run and then after a while their posting styles change from the adopted one to similar one - see BSE, GG, Bobby, That Freo guy and now this Coz its all a big conspiracy guy.

The simplest explanation is the best, EFC ran an inhouse doping program and their supplier got busted, gave them up to the ACC and here we are today.

Yes, I agree they must be kids to be so easily taken in and so obsessed with the identity of an internet poster who so unsettles their hopes.
No because if you were Hardie we could confidently ignore you as a sea kayaker of no relevance. Until confirmed we treat you like anyone else on bigfooty ie more seriously and with more respect.

It’s obvious that you’re trying to help. You’re just hiding who you’re trying to help ...

Lead off with some well synthesised but publicly available facts, tantalise with the promise of more, and invite others to reach their own conclusions, whilst subtlely pushing them to the conclusion you want them to reach.

Yeah, lots of fearless and favourless bullshit calling going on there.

Hi,

As per previous posts, the AFL stinks at the moment, and it seems strongly linked to the ALP! In terms of its Conflict of Interest declarations. They need to have a Royal Commission into all this.

Thanks

Upon further research, we have found some a pattern involving Mark Thompson-coached Geelong games and an ALP key staffer!

The Geelong Games in Question for suspect betting are:

2003 Pre Season, Geelong v Brisbane
Geelong v Essendon, 2009 (see opening comments from: http://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2011/november/1320384446/jonathan-horn/caught-game)
2009 Grand Final; Geelong v St Kilda
2009 NAB Cup Semi Final, Geelong v Carlton

4 Geelong games, where Thompson was coach, Thompson left Geelong end of 2010. We are concerned, given Thompson’s dodgy involvement in a 2010 Property Development at Armstrong Creek, and Thomspon’s current likely involvement in the ASADA scandal at Essendon FC, that something dodgy is going on with those bets for Geelong in 2009/10.

With the information listed below, you will find current Western Bulldogs FC Board Member Mr Peter Walsh listed as betting on a Geelong game......Look at the Western Bulldogs FC Board Member, Mr Walsh is VERY high up in the Australian Labor Party!

http://www.crikey.com.au/2010/05/06...hammer-to-crush-walnuts/?wpmp_switcher=mobile

Thursday, 6 May 2010
AFL betting … and a sledgehammer to crush walnuts
by Charlie Happell

SPORT
The AFL again has reached for its sledgehammer in handing out hefty penalties to six AFL figures caught betting on matches. The walnuts crushed in the league’s massive over-reaction, sorry betting blitz, included Port Adelaide assistant coach Matthew Primus, who placed a $20 multi-bet on a Geelong-Carlton NAB Cup semi-final, a Western Bulldogs director who lashed out $50, and a trainee timekeeper who saved up for his $5 splurge.

A goal umpire, Chris Appleton, was found to have placed four bets totalling $60 on the 2009 Grand Final (Geelong v St Kilda)—  a match with which he had no involvement. So C Appleton, private citizen and a responsible member of the constabulary, on his day off from AFL duties has had a few bets on the footy. Now he’s got the rest of the season to think about what a shocking blunder he’s made, having been suspended by the AFL for that long.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-05-05/afl-officials-hit-with-gambling-sanctions/423708

AFL officials hit with gambling sanctions
Updated Thu 6 May 2010, 8:19am AEST

Port Adelaide assistant coach Matthew Primus is one of six figures to be reprimanded for betting on AFL matches.

Primus has been suspended for two weeks and will not be entitled to attend or have any coaching role at Port Adelaide matches during that time.

An official investigation found Primus had placed a $20 bet which included a preseason semi-final between Geelong and Carlton.

The bet was traced back to his laptop as the AFL entered into information sharing agreements more than 12 months ago with all major bookmakers in the country.

A timekeeper has also been stood down for five weeks for a $5 bet, while the Western Bulldogs were fined $7,500 after club director Geoff Walsh admitted to placing bets.

AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson said the Bulldogs were fined for not fully briefing Walsh on the league's rules regarding betting.

The AFL confirmed goal umpire Chris Appleton had been stood down for the remainder of 2010 for placing four bets worth $60 on the 2009 grand final (i.e. Geelong v St Kilda).

Attention turns to 2003 betting plunge
AFL News
February 22, 2013 (0)
Matt Murnane

A PRE-SEASON game between the Brisbane Lions and Geelong in 2003 could soon be at the centre of a new match-fixing investigation after suspicion about the match was referred to the AFL's integrity department.

The Wizard Cup match in Cairns that year was at the centre of a massive betting plunge, which saw Geelong's head-to-head price on the game shorten from $2.70 to $1.65 in the immediate hours before the match.

The report on Channel Nine said suspicion surrounding the match arose out of claims made by self-confessed drug dealer Jason McGrath - the cousin of premiership player Ash McGrath.

Jason McGrath this week made stunning allegations about possible match-fixing and he claimed to have supplied illicit drugs to Lions players from 2002. Brisbane provided a strong response dismissing the allegations.

The AFL this week announced the introduction of a ''whistleblower service'' to be available to people with allegations or information about certain incidents involving match-fixing, illegal drug use or any other misconduct.

http://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2011/november/1320384446/jonathan-horn/caught-game

THE MONTHLY ESSAYS
CAUGHT IN THE GAME
The Rise of the Sports Betting Industry

BY JONATHAN HORN

Back in July, someone wagered $1 million on Geelong to defeat Essendon in an AFL game. Geelong, the foremost team of its generation, was paying $1.09, a ‘bank interest’ bet for high rollers. But Essendon scuppered the plunge. While there was no suggestion that the fix was in, the wantonness of the bet, the froth and bubble in the commentary box, the incessant live-odds updates on the scoreboard, the rotation of gambling advertisements on the television broadcast and the fact that both teams are sponsored by corporate bookmakers said a lot about Australian sport in 2011.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...096027726?nk=4c2766c715323829532fce9d2a8bca86

League won't ban exotic bets
ROB NICHOLSON SUNDAY MAIL (SA) JULY 17, 2011 12:00AM

THE AFL would be courting "a disaster" if it banned exotic bets such as the punts that plunged Collingwood into a firestorm this week.

Alan Eskander of Betstar said he applauded the AFL and its investigators "for taking it so seriously and for their swift and harsh punishment".

Matt Tripp of Sportsbet said banning exotic bets "would just send punters off-shore".

"Unregulated exotic bets would flourish and sporting organisations such as the AFL would not be able to monitor bets as they can now."

Tripp said he and Michael Sullivan of Sportingbet (the two biggest corporate bookmakers in Australia) visited Federal Minister for Sport Mark Arbib six weeks ago to consult on sports betting.nte

Suspicion could also be raised on the Dean Wallis Bendigo TAB Betting incident in 2011, when Thommo returned to Essendon.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...betting-on-games/story-e6frf9jf-1226132231535

Wallis backed the Bombers to beat Sydney on August 6 - a game the Bombers won, but only after Adam Goodes missed a shot at goal after the siren.

All of the bets were footy quads and Anderson said "it is my understanding that the bets were not successful".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back