Matt Crouch vs Dumont

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am stoked we go Matt, and I personally would have taken him before Dumont, but I do like Dumont as well. I will be really interested to see how he goes. Surprised he was left at pick 30, and equally surprised Crouch was left by 23, but this could end up our Kenny vs Pav thing down the track.
Who do people think will end up the better player? Im going with Crouch.

I think he's asking for people to come out of the safety zone and at least take a punt for the hell of it :p

At this stage I would say crouch, but that's purely based on his pre draft ranking by top recruiters compared to Dumont. I also liked his highlights a little more, but as we all know a few u18 tapes aren't the most reliable thing to go on. Hell, Jarrad Oakley Nichols could look like the best Gablett in their footage ;)

I like Crouch. He will be a fighter. He may lack a little (and I mean only a little) with his disposal but he will be right in the mix of it when things get tight. When I think of about the type player that I would compare him too and Chris McDermott comes to mind. But I do agree its a little too early to be able to feel confident about this comment

Matts had some really nice stats, but Dumont has been playing against men. His GF this year looked good. Would be interesting to get them in a lounge room with a ball in the middle and see which one ends up with it. Lol

I also think Matts in the best environment to do well. Dumont im not so sure. NM alreadt have alot of those slower inside mid types so that may keep Dumont back a bit.

Matts had some really nice stats, but Dumont has been playing against men. His GF this year looked good. Would be interesting to get them in a lounge room with a ball in the middle and see which one ends up with it. Lol

Matty went good in his ONLY VFL game against "men" for the North Ballarat Roosters gathering 25 disposals, 13 contested from memory. I have expectations he will be compared favourably with Scott Thompson by the end of his career given a reasonable run with injuries. Hopefully both lads have a long, successful career in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read this as Dumont's girlfriend looked better than Matt's and they were going to have a scrap over her in the lounge room and see who got a leg over first.
I think I need to go and get some sleep ...

I'd heard Port had been really strong about taking Durmont (alluding as such to him). I was a bit surprised they didn't pick him up to be honest.

Port's recruiting manager was on 5aa straight after the draft, and he was clearly a massive fan of Impey.

They were always picking him.

Port's recruiting manager was on 5aa straight after the draft, and he was clearly a massive fan of Impey.

Yeah certainly sounds that way.
I was a big fan of your recruiting strategy a few years back and we've gone down a similar path this year. Yes we as in Port, my team. :) :p

And that was always going to be their public position once they traded down from 14 to 21 :rolleyes:

And that was always going to be their public position once they traded down from 14 to 21 :rolleyes:
They said before the draft that the player they were after would be there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back