Matthew Wade - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Very useful knock down the order just as India was looking like they could seize an advantage.

Funny how Wade makes 30-odd and is praised everywhere, Mitch Marsh makes 30-odd last Test and is the worst player ever. Speaking in a broader sense of course, but I find peoples perceptions interesting.

I think people where talking about Mitch Marsh's first innings, his second innings was vital. I think the praise for Wade has been about sticking around and his effort with the gloves.

Today is a cross roads in his career, if he bats through to lunch and really builds a lead, well How Long will become a while.

I think people where talking about Mitch Marsh's first innings, his second innings was vital. I think the praise for Wade has been about sticking around and his effort with the gloves.

Today is a cross roads in his career, if he bats through to lunch and really builds a lead, well How Long will become a while.

There are still people today refusing to acknowledge the value in Marsh's 30 though, which is my point entirely. On the flip side, Wade averaged bugger all back home, dropped catches, missed stumpings. All of which has been forgotten on the basis of one 25*. Lets not beat around the bush, Wade is our keeper until at least the end of next Summer. You don't bring a guy in averaging 22 in the Shield and drop him for not performing.

No, people have acknowledged that Wades keeping has been good, no drops or missed stumpings when everyone was expecting 3 or 4 an innings and them to cost 400 runs a game.

Marsh has just ben a waste of a spot, 30 in 1 hit and averages 11 with the bat and bowled a couple of overs only. You want to complain of a keeper only making 20 odd but happy with a no6 batsman averaging 11?

No, people have acknowledged that Wades keeping has been good, no drops or missed stumpings when everyone was expecting 3 or 4 an innings and them to cost 400 runs a game.

Marsh has just ben a waste of a spot, 30 in 1 hit and averages 11 with the bat and bowled a couple of overs only. You want to complain of a keeper only making 20 odd but happy with a no6 batsman averaging 11?

Wade averaged 13 since returning before this knock. Why aren't you subjecting him to the same standards?

Wade averaged 13 since returning before this knock. Why aren't you subjecting him to the same standards?
wades keeping > MMarsh's bowling.

They also shouldn't be judged the same way. Apart from Nevill scoring Big the last few innings, the other keepers aren't doing enough to make a case to be picked. On the other hand, there is plenty of options at no. 6 that could take Mmarsh's spot.

They also shouldn't be judged the same way. Apart from Nevill scoring Big the last few innings, the other keepers aren't doing enough to make a case to be picked. On the other hand, there is plenty of options at no. 6 that could take Mmarsh's spot.

I agree they shouldn't be judged the same way but if there is pressure on Marsh to perform I just don't understand why that same pressure isn't on Wade. At least from the punters point of view anyway, we all know Wade is safe for a while. Nev has done nothing but score runs since he was dropped, but I couldn't see them turning back to him after they didn't even deem him worthy of the back up spot here. Handscomb is not a keeper.

Plenty of other options? Really? I'm not even sold on Head and can't see much else other than him.

Wouldn't agree with that at all.

Huh? Nevill and Hartley are both at the top of the Shield batting tables this season, aside from being better glovemen than Wade.

I'd actually argue there is more competition for the keeper's spot currently than there has been for a long time.

Funny how Wade makes 30-odd and is praised everywhere, Mitch Marsh makes 30-odd last Test and is the worst player ever. Speaking in a broader sense of course, but I find peoples perceptions interesting.
You are fairly new around here, this board is as always stacked with a lot of Vic Bushranger fanboys incapable of any objective thought, get used of it ;)

You are fairly new around here, this board is as always stacked with a lot of Vic Bushranger fanboys incapable of any objective thought, get used of it ;)

That's unfortunate. I blame Bill Lawry for that, constantly peddling how hard done by average Bushranger players are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree they shouldn't be judged the same way but if there is pressure on Marsh to perform I just don't understand why that same pressure isn't on Wade. At least from the punters point of view anyway, we all know Wade is safe for a while. Nev has done nothing but score runs since he was dropped, but I couldn't see them turning back to him after they didn't even deem him worthy of the back up spot here. Handscomb is not a keeper.

Plenty of other options? Really? I'm not even sold on Head and can't see much else other than him.

I'd say wade is keeping and Mitch isn't even getting a bowl. That'd be a good start I reckon.

Huh? Nevill and Hartley are both at the top of the Shield batting tables this season, aside from being better glovemen than Wade.

I'd actually argue there is more competition for the keeper's spot currently than there has been for a long time.
Except recently Nevill's keeping has been atrocious.

Wades primary role is keeping, it hasnt been drop worthy, Marsh is an all rounder but batting in the top 6 his batting should be the main consideration and it has been s**t, always has been, always will be. Not bowling so of course he should be compared to other batsmen, given the lack of overs, surely a batting all rounder makes more sense?

Whilst Wade is chipping in with the bat and doing his job with the gloves, a hell of a lot better than Nevills efforts to spinners this year then he will keep his spot. Whilst Marsh kerps failing the pressure will stay on unless he produces a miracle and takes some wickets.

But dont worry you will find plenty of support from the countless Warrior fanboys who will talk up their hacks ad nauseam as there aint many in contention they dont want to lose one!

Wades primary role is keeping, it hasnt been drop worthy, Marsh is an all rounder but batting in the top 6 his batting should be the main consideration and it has been s**t, always has been, always will be. Not bowling so of course he should be compared to other batsmen, given the lack of overs, surely a batting all rounder makes more sense?

Whilst Wade is chipping in with the bat and doing his job with the gloves, a hell of a lot better than Nevills efforts to spinners this year then he will keep his spot. Whilst Marsh kerps failing the pressure will stay on unless he produces a miracle and takes some wickets.

But dont worry you will find plenty of support from the countless Warrior fanboys who will talk up their hacks ad nauseam as there aint many in contention they dont want to lose one!

Wade dropped three, let another go through the slips that was his and fluffed two stumpings at home. Some job. Not a Warriors fan either by the way.

I would say their batting has been on par with each other, while Wade's keeping has outperformed what Marsh has with the ball.
Nevill was really poor with the gloves in the BBL, I can't comment on his shield performance apart from his good scores.

Well Khawaja and Maxwell are over there at the moment. Patterson was being talked about over the summer. Henriques has played well in the SS. Who knows about Head. Jake Lehmann will play for Australia one day.

Well Khawaja and Maxwell are over there at the moment. Patterson was being talked about over the summer. Henriques has played well in the SS. Who knows about Head. Jake Lehmann will play for Australia one day.

What impressed you most in Maxwell's warm up scores of 16 and 1?

Wade dropped three, let another go through the slips that was his and fluffed two stumpings at home. Some job. Not a Warriors fan either by the way.

Then come to India and done some great stumpings whilst Nevill fluffed a lot more in the Big Bash and that was in 20 over innings how would he go for 90 overs?

On the plus side, Wade probably dropped less than the skipper tbis summer!

Then come to India and done some great stumpings whilst Nevill fluffed a lot more in the Big Bash and that was in 20 over innings how would he go for 90 overs?

On the plus side, Wade probably dropped less than the skipper tbis summer!

What impressed you about the one he fumbled off the pitch? We were incredibly lucky the batsman was leaving the ground at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back