Mature Age Mature Age Prospects 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been on the Pescud bandwagon since his bottom age draft year and still feel he should be on an AFL list with his combination of attributes. Still only 20
Yeah Gold Coast made some funny Academy selections over the past 3 years going the project player route and overlooking some pretty good talent. Apart from Budarick, Davies and their NT selections they all have been delisted

I’ve been on the Pescud bandwagon since his bottom age draft year and still feel he should be on an AFL list with his combination of attributes. Still only 20
He essentially plays as an undersized key forward in the VFL, not sure if it'll translate. Very good VFL player though

Boyd did his chances no harm with his GF performance that's for sure. Probably the best ruck outside the AFL or very close to it.
Not sure who it would be from the WAFL but Crossley is right up there too, but I doubt he gets drafted.

Conway from Werribee is also pretty solid from the bits I've seen of him

Not sure who it would be from the WAFL but Crossley is right up there too, but I doubt he gets drafted.

I watched the VFL Grand Final and Crossley to my eye would want a big pre-season to get anywhere near AFL fitness again.

I watched the VFL Grand Final and Crossley to my eye would want a big pre-season to get anywhere near AFL fitness again.
I don't think he wants to play AFL. He's just very good in the VFL right now.

Think Lockyer trained with Essendon once

Jack Maibaum could get another chance, was the best defender in the VFL this year with a bullet.
What about the Essendon VFL pair that have helped their midfield no end from mid year - Bernacki and Rasinac?

Yeah Gold Coast made some funny Academy selections over the past 3 years going the project player route and overlooking some pretty good talent. Apart from Budarick, Davies and their NT selections they all have been delisted
Anyone that was overlooked made it anywhere else?

Not to date that I can remember,

Liked aspects of Pescud and gores game.

We desperately needed key position players so don’t mind trialling Conroy and murtagh, even though they didn’t really work. COVID stuffed them for non natural footballers needing development,

I was surprised we went with Kallan Dawson over Phillips in the MSD. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Phillips gets listed based on the lack of KP depth in this draft.

El Nour was stiff not to go in the MSD but hardly played in the 2nd half of the year so doubt he gets picked up in the draft.

Casey Voss can’t do much more to get his chance.
Phillips really only 'released' from his lock down role into a more intercepting role quarter of the way through the year but took to the role exceptionally well.

Fully expect him to be picked up in the National Draft this year. Just down to who and where now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone that was overlooked made it anywhere else?

Not to date that I can remember,

Liked aspects of Pescud and gores game.

We desperately needed key position players so don’t mind trialling Conroy and murtagh, even though they didn’t really work. COVID stuffed them for non natural footballers needing development,
From memory they also.selected Fyfe, Nicholls and Towey who are not longer on the list. Not sure they used the extra rookie spots on the most talented players. Johnstone and Hofbert are now in the VFL , Reeves in the SANFL so there are a few that have kicked on

From memory they also.selected Fyfe, Nicholls and Towey who are not longer on the list. Not sure they used the extra rookie spots on the most talented players. Johnstone and Hofbert are now in the VFL , Reeves in the SANFL so there are a few that have kicked on
Yes,
I think they were trying to find potential AFL level players. Not necessarily just the best underage players.

Fyfe is also in the VFL with Southport. Thought he showed quite a bit in our reserves side last year. Big enough to intercept, nice long kick. Certainly more than Nicholls.

hofert and Johnston haven’t played much at vfl level.

Reeves athletic but can’t kick.

The only one I thought may be worth a shot was Brodie lake.

SF Hamish Free in the WAFL goes well in regards to mature ruckman.....quite surprised he didn't get a look in the MSD this year.

His competitiveness and athleticism will though
I've only seen his highlights but there is a bit of Liam Ryan about him in terms of playing style from what I can tell. Ryan was Subiaco's full forward when he played at WAFL level in the years he led the WAFL goal kicking before getting drafted. As you seem to know a bit about him do you agree with that comparison. As a Dockers supporter our biggest are of need is clearly our forward line. We have couple of late pick at 67 that will be much higher when we take it in the draft after academy and father son bids are matched. Possibly as high as the early 50's. Do you think he would be a good fit for us. We need a mid sized forward with explosive leading speed who can apply tackle pressure and fly for marks desperately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back