Toast Max King earns Rising Star nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

GKVYWssx.jpg

And to think he just turned 20.

My theory on talls in the rising star is they vote well compared to other awards because it’s not a weekly vote and those who vote know how hard it is to play forward. A couple more 3’s or a 5 then get on him. Just fractionally behind imo at the moment. Good kicking or not being stupid last week could have got him front now.

My theory on talls in the rising star is they vote well compared to other awards because it’s not a weekly vote and those who vote know how hard it is to play forward. A couple more 3’s or a 5 then get on him. Just fractionally behind imo at the moment. Good kicking or not being stupid last week could have got him front now.

Who do you reckon is in front of him? He was $3.75 favourite when I put a multi on a few weeks back.

Just love him.

I was a massive sceptic when we got rid of Josh Bruce: I thought we were throwing this kid to the wolves.

Boy was the club right and I was wrong! Max plays like a veteran in many ways already. His footy brain is phenomenal, his work below his knees a joy to watch.

To think he is the main man in our forward line as a 20-year-old after two years out of the game. He’s going to get better and better.

An absolute credit to himself that he’s putting this year together and a scary prospect for other teams to come up against for many years.

Congrats Max!!!

Congratulations Max. Tributes like these don't just fall into peoples laps nowadays. He has worked very hard to get to this point and we can't wait to see him continue to improve.

Prior to the start of the season even the most optimistic among us were saying if he kicked 20 we would be happy. Well he looks set to surpass all of our expectations. A real gem for us.

We should tip our hat to our medical team who not only have done a sterling job getting him ready for the rigours of AFL, but they have proven their capability to rehabilitate players well. So much so that the recruiting team is not gun shy to pick up juniors like King and Bytel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just love him.

I was a massive sceptic when we got rid of Josh Bruce: I thought we were throwing this kid to the wolves.

Boy was the club right and I was wrong! Max plays like a veteran in many ways already. His footy brain is phenomenal, his work below his knees a joy to watch.

To think he is the main man in our forward line as a 20-year-old after two years out of the game. He’s going to get better and better.

An absolute credit to himself that he’s putting this year together and a scary prospect for other teams to come up against for many years.

Congrats Max!!!

Brother, you have a brilliant sports brain so i think your instincts were quite correct in regard to needing Bruce to protect him.

I think that is what would normally need to happen.

I wasn't exactly on the same page as during their underage years both King boys were aggressive, freakish beasts.

Neither needs a bodyguard.

In any case it seems brother Ryder will collect on any debt that needs to be paid. (Love our Saints this year, no apologies.) Post for another time.

At their height you would expect them to be a little slower just in fine motor skills.

They got the gross, they got the fine.

Ben King's 'f off I am going to beat you alone goal' the other day against the Druggedodoros was scintillating.

Max's ground ball gets...f me.

I saw Plugger's first game and Loewe's and Harveys. (And Owens)

No one can compare to Plugger* but Max ( and Ben) are just at another level to other key positions at this age.

I don't really care about rising star nominations.

I am just saying, as a supporter who has seen us have failure, belief, failure, belief, belief, failure, failure, we now have the King Max.

Long Live the King.

*Every game Plugger played was about Tony Lockett, he just made it that way. Sorry if you were too young to see this, but no backline construction could contain him. It was just amazing.

i hope the club are putting a lot of media training into his day to day routine as i can see King being the "face" of our club for the next decade and beyond ...
seriously i think the club did the best thing by him by allowing him the entire year last year to recover and get into the feel of being an AFL player because he has come out and fit in perfectly to the big time ...

i hope the club are putting a lot of media training into his day to day routine as i can see King being the "face" of our club for the next decade and beyond ...
seriously i think the club did the best thing by him by allowing him the entire year last year to recover and get into the feel of being an AFL player because he has come out and fit in perfectly to the big time ...

He has been at the club for two years now if you include the rehab in his draft year. His development has been expedited. Captain in 2022.

Brother, you have a brilliant sports brain so i think your instincts were quite correct in regard to needing Bruce to protect him.

I think that is what would normally need to happen.

I wasn't exactly on the same page as during their underage years both King boys were aggressive, freakish beasts.

Neither needs a bodyguard.

In any case it seems brother Ryder will collect on any debt that needs to be paid. (Love our Saints this year, no apologies.) Post for another time.

At their height you would expect them to be a little slower just in fine motor skills.

They got the gross, they got the fine.

Ben King's 'f off I am going to beat you alone goal' the other day against the Druggedodoros was scintillating.

Max's ground ball gets...f me.

I saw Plugger's first game and Loewe's and Harveys. (And Owens)

No one can compare to Plugger* but Max ( and Ben) are just at another level to other key positions at this age.

I don't really care about rising star nominations.

I am just saying, as a supporter who has seen us have failure, belief, failure, belief, belief, failure, failure, we now have the King Max.

Long Live the King.

*Every game Plugger played was about Tony Lockett, he just made it that way. Sorry if you were too young to see this, but no backline construction could contain him. It was just amazing.
i gotta agree ... i think if we had bruce in yes he would offer that protection but i also think he would take away a lot from King as well ... at the moment the team look up and see king leading they go that way ... if we had bruce would they be so confident to go to king or would they look for bruce ? who knows either way we got a super player in Max ... lord help the AFL if we some how manage to pull off getting Ben over as well ...

He has been at the club for two years now if you include the rehab in his draft year. His development has been expedited. Captain in 2022.
yeah the first time i saw him was when he was rehabbing at the club before we drafted him .. i had a group of 20 WA members doing a tour of the club and there was this bean pole of a kid getting some physio work done .. i knew from my bigfooty posting it was Max King the potential top 5 draft pick in the next draft but the people i was with didnt .. i made the all knowledgable remark to the group "take a look that there is our next big thing"

Serong just. King is $5.50 at the moment. Well half an hour ago.

Anderson is having a huge year too. Since Rowell went down he's kept going. If it was a consistency award him and Max would be close. Serong looks like one of Freo's best players though so can see him get it.

AFL 360 flash up a thumbnail pic on screen saying, “coming up Max King Rising Star”

...With a pic of BEN in the GCS jersey 🙄

( it was really quick, but I’m sure I didn’t imagine it)

AFL 360 flash up a thumbnail pic on screen saying, “coming up Max King Rising Star”

...With a pic of BEN in the GCS jersey 🙄

( it was really quick, but I’m sure I didn’t imagine it)

Just showed it again - the right King this time.
Their phones must have been running hot from irate Saints fans 🤣

Anderson is having a huge year too. Since Rowell went down he's kept going. If it was a consistency award him and Max would be close. Serong looks like one of Freo's best players though so can see him get it.

Serong was one I just got so so wrong. Just couldn't see how he would extrapolate his skills into afl level.

Mea dumbass.

He has been a star this year.
Butterrs another one I got wrong. Jet.

Anderson should be playing for us but so should have Ashley Mcintosh (jet). But we don't get those dice rolling towards Linton street.

Just amazing???? how each new AFL policy seems to disadvantage us in some way. Which is why we lost Ash....

I am not a Saints apologist but the nga/ zones/ fta / fa etc have really had an effect on us.

I am pretty old school so no complaints we put 22 out tomorrow or the next day and we go at the contest.

We go Brisbane , come.

I don't fear death so I don't fear Neale.

Highlander35 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back