Multiplat Max Payne 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, I'll go with checking out infamous2, saints row 3.
So, LA Noire, you played and didnt like? Or just havent been tempted to get into?
Also, what about Hitman series? Is there a latest new release? Or how old is the last release?
Also, what about Duke Nukem latest game? I usually hate all that monsters/aliens type stuff, prefer something realistic and gritty, but heard nukem was well-made and story engaging?
And what's the batman arkham(?) game got going for it?
definitely go with Saints Row 3, it is awesome. Such good fun

Just finished on hard with no aim lock. Feel like I really achieved something, the bit near the end with hundreds of dudes is crazy.

Loved the bit near the end where s**t is getting real and the beats kicked in. Probably has more impact as the game isn't music heavy.

And I got to enjoy those beats kicking in many times as I died repeatedly in that bit lol
I am at the bit at the end. Had about 15 cracks at it last night. It's nuts! Agree about the music in the airport, that s**t is awesome.

What are you gonna trade it in for?
I'm looking at Last of Us, Madden 13, and Watch Dogs, but I'm not sure what games are available right now worth getting. Recommendations?
Yeah, half advice, you still did it like a trooper, not some jaded hack like me :(
No games, that's for sure. Need a laptop bag/case and I'm going overseas soon so it would be pointless to buy a game.

Having said that, I'll probably waste it on Blu Rays. Trading MW3 too.

I had it, but my PS3 wrecked and I lost all my data, traded it straight away cos I couldn't be ****ed doing it all again. It's the same thing just at different locations.

Arrive to murder scene, look for clues, interview people, drive around, interview more people, find perp, pin it on him, case closed. Rinse & repeat.

I am at the bit at the end. Had about 15 cracks at it last night. It's nuts! Agree about the music in the airport, that s**t is awesome.

Didn't read any spoilers, but I basically just kept
shootdodging left and right behind the cover like a crazy mofo. You just have to be super accurate and ping about 3 headshots every dodge, and also try to land your dodge behind another piece of cover, so you can get up without being shot to pieces. There's ammo and a painkiller to the left and right, so make sure you grab those.

Finding the 2 caches of painkillers in both trains prior to starting that section probably got me through it

Didn't read any spoilers, but I basically just kept
shootdodging left and right behind the cover like a crazy mofo. You just have to be super accurate and ping about 3 headshots every dodge, and also try to land your dodge behind another piece of cover, so you can get up without being shot to pieces. There's ammo and a painkiller to the left and right, so make sure you grab those.

Finding the 2 caches of painkillers in both trains prior to starting that section probably got me through it
yeah I liked how the toilet that you arrived to the airport hall in restocked with painkillers after the next cutscene, and agree about the painkillers on the train.

I have found the painkiller to the left of me, but didn't know there was one to the right, cheers. I have got most of the way through it I reckon, past the cop car screeching in; crouching behind the crate has been good but the campaigners to the left have been popping me. Very confident I'll get through it next time I play it.

yeah I liked how the toilet that you arrived to the airport hall in restocked with painkillers after the next cutscene, and agree about the painkillers on the train.

I have found the painkiller to the left of me, but didn't know there was one to the right, cheers. I have got most of the way through it I reckon, past the cop car screeching in; crouching behind the crate has been good but the sillys to the left have been popping me. Very confident I'll get through it next time I play it.

Whenever there are men to your left, always shoot them first, the ones on the other side of the crate can't hurt you. Getting rid of the men that come out on your left in which you are exposed is integral.

Whenever there are men to your left, always shoot them first, the ones on the other side of the crate can't hurt you. Getting rid of the men that come out on your left in which you are exposed is integral.
yeah I figured that out. The only issue is if you get shot, and you're lying on the floor they can shot you under the crate. Not a massive deal, I only started going left a bit later in the piece, I'm sure I'll manage to pop those dudes pretty soon!

Can you imagine a world were every public toilet you entered had an unlocked cabinet full of oxy?

I know, was thinking this too :D Unreal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone playing multiplayer? It's pretty crazy, very tough when you first start out.
I gave it a little bit of a go after finishing the SP, put a few hours in.

I think they really ****ed it up by having the seperate playlists based on aiming. Not enough people on the free aim side and the soft lock(/utensil) makes things far too easy to die and get kills taking the fun of skill out of it.

Also I found the objective mode a cluster* of action, every objective point just drew everyone to it like flies and thus means that going for the objective makes you die over and over and not going for it see's you sit back and get bored to death.

I gave it a little bit of a go after finishing the SP, put a few hours in.

I think they really ****** it up by having the seperate playlists based on aiming. Not enough people on the free aim side and the soft lock(/utensil) makes things far too easy to die and get kills taking the fun of skill out of it.

Also I found the objective mode a cluster**** of action, every objective point just drew everyone to it like flies and thus means that going for the objective makes you die over and over and not going for it see's you sit back and get bored to death.
I've found it the opposite; no one on soft lock, everyone on free aim.

Haven't tried out any of the other multiplayer game modes apart from the basic ones.

eaglespremiers

I appreciate a lot of things all come down to preferences, but....

Just imo those nightmarish psychadelic levels in MP1 and 2 were all-time to me. What really stood Max Payne the character/game out from many other games before and since, not just a character plowing thru a playable story. Like you're not just TOLD by the games booklet and the narrative inside the game that this person is such-and-such, that he went thru hell, that he's a conflicted personality....you are SHOWN, and you PLAY THRU that display of his tormented mind.

I don't think MP3's 'film noir' comic-book story-telling exceeded MP1-2. It was just done more modernly for consoles rather than a literal comic-book way in the early consoles. It was certainly very well done, but when you also factor in how much they over-did the flashing emphasized text and stuttering etc, it detracted from it.

You mentioned how bullet-time was hardly called for, and as we've seen in this thread, many people used it a lot, some people (like me) didn't use cover exclusively, but ran around like a madman with bullet-time. You can play the game in two different ways. A lot of levels you need to use both fairly equally.

My main gripe with MP3 was that there was too much repetitive killing, and not enough nightmarish levels and/or puzzles to solve etc type aspects to the game.

I liked how in MP1-2 there was that punch-line realization at the end, that his character was just a character in a book/game, made apparent to him too in the conclusion. MP3 didn't have any bizarre/ingenious thing to it, kinda wasn't synonymous with 'max payne', you could've put any video game 'dark' character in there, named the title something else. MP3 kinda let a fanboy like me down due to it sorta becoming "just a shooter with multiplayer functionality added in for the new internet age."

eaglespremiersMy main gripe with MP3 was that there was too much repetitive killing, and not enough nightmarish levels and/or puzzles to solve etc type aspects to the game.

I liked how in MP1-2 there was that punch-line realization at the end, that his character was just a character in a book/game, made apparent to him too in the conclusion. MP3 didn't have any bizarre/ingenious thing to it, kinda wasn't synonymous with 'max payne', you could've put any video game 'dark' character in there, named the title something else. MP3 kinda let a fanboy like me down due to it sorta becoming "just a shooter with multiplayer functionality added in for the new internet age."

I agree with both points.
This is why I think the game succeeds as a shooter.
Certainly it is better than the previous in this regard.
But in terms of being accurate to lore, being that it is mainstream and Rocksteady were at the helm this was very unlikely. I take it for what it is.
Lacking in lore but succeeding as a 3rd person shooter.
There are enough references to make us somewhat happy (even if we are somewhat underwhelmed).
Will play the game through in a different manner to see if I can use bullet time more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back