Multiplat Max Payne 3

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoyed it too, apart from the extent of shooting involved, and the repetition of strategy or lack thereof.

I'm currently playing Battlefield 3 story mode, and find it more engrossing game-play-wise, more variety to the missions of each section within a section.

At Chapter 14 in MP3 you're close to the end (19 chapters), the penultimate shootout in the hangar you'll enjoy :)

I've been going through the arcade mode score attack in the last couple of days.

Still pretty damn fun when you take the story out of it. And I'm trying to skip or not even paying attention to the cutscenes anymore, I don't think there's the same level of replayability to the cutscenes than there are in a Uncharted (which when I've played that two times over I've watched every cutscene).

But the gameplay is still very enjoyable, shoot dodging 90% of the time which does make it immensely better.

Finally passed that stupid building part, cheers for the help guys!
Nice.
I'm still yet to give it a go after last weeks tantrum. Wasn't all bad as I turned it off & started watching Season 1 - Game of Thrones. Damn good show.
Might give the shaky roof top a go shortly.

Just do what these guys said, cover and bullet time, only took me three goes the other day when I did it.

The guy to your left at the beginning, you don't even need to kill, shoot him a few times and the wall will explode.

The others just duck in and out of cover with bullet time.

That big ****er with the machine gun requires you to "kill" him three times, so, like, three mini cut scenes, then you're done.

I did the rooftop bit last night and was expecting a nightmare. Strangely enough did it on about the 3rd or 4th go (on hard and free aim). Even got the achievement for pulling off a headshot while the building was shaking:D

Just did the same thing i always do, stay in cover and pick them off one by one before advancing. For the last section, after being shot in the back a couple of times by old mate heavy machine gun dude, I changed strategy. Basically as you enter that last section of rooftop, the guys appear on the roof in front of you. Shoot dodge forward and take them out while getting as far away from the roof behind you (where machine gun guy appears). Once the guys in front of you are dead the cut scene will commence and machine guy will appear. Because you shoot dodged as far away as possible from him, you can easily grab cover behind some air conditioners (i think that's what they were), and just pick him off from cover.

3 headshots with the Bull (magnum like revolver) and he was dead, no triple death or anything.

Compared with the docks bit, and the bit in the offices where the guys drop through the roof on fast ropes...it was an absolute breeze.

Thanks whoever found those 2 painkillers in the small room of the rooftop bit...helped a lot

Hey gentlemen

Would you recommend this game to someone who is a bit unco at shooting games and has never played a Max Payne before?

Saw a brief demo in the games shop by chance today, looked great. sounds great, going by what I've read in this thread...

Hey gentlemen

Would you recommend this game to someone who is a bit unco at shooting games and has never played a Max Payne before?

Saw a brief demo in the games shop by chance today, looked great. sounds great, going by what I've read in this thread...
I definitely would. It's ******* awesome tbh. The locations it plays out in are really spectacular, and whilst I'm not a huge fan of run'n'gun, this one does it so well it's serious, serious fun.

I'm totally loving it Jake

Hey gentlemen

Yes. Yes I would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good fellas! Will see if i can pick it up tonight, and give it a razz over the weekend.

PS yes Mance I'm more unco than Adam Hilles* giving out a footjob

*was gonna say Linda McCartney but cant remember if she has one leg or two

Sounds good fellas! Will see if i can pick it up tonight, and give it a razz over the weekend.

PS yes Mance I'm more unco than Adam Hilles* giving out a footjob

*was gonna say Linda McCartney but cant remember if she has one leg or two

She has more pressing problems at the moment than not having a full compliment of limbs

Oh...

Looked her up in google news, thought you were talking about the rerelease of Ram initially.

Seems I don't have my finger on the pulse of popular culture.

Well yeah...in addition to the face she's like...dead

In hindsight, I can see how decomposition might be a little worse than the duluxe re-release of a medicore 70's pop album.

Valuable lession - you oughtn't make fun of amputees until you've looked them up on wikipedia and confirmed you're picking on the right person.

Off topic but I had a crack at Max last night; i was typically horrible but I like the action movie styling and can't wait to see how poor old Max goes off the rails, seemingly Walter White-ishly

Someone should do a game where Ahnold is voicing the main character and you're just blowing the s**t out of people and vehicles IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back