Meatloaf

Remove this Banner Ad

For $600000, Mr Loaf whinged and whined about the weather, said it was too cold to perform. OK unfortunately he changed his mind. He complained to The Age for publishing a satirical mock interview with him, which Loaf thought was real, but he had never done an interview or agreed to one, so he was threatening to sue for failing to have a sense of humour i.e. he did not agree to 'the interview' published by the paper.

From the outside, the gig looked like an easy earner for not much input, as well as great advertising if Meat could pull it off.

The rest is history

hahahaha that makes it even funnier :D

What exactly was anyone supposed to do about it being too cold?

I just don't see the point in pre game entertainment.

It's not as though they're struggling to sell tickets. I can't imagine anyone saying, I wasn't going to watch the Grand Final but I heard Meatloaf would be on.

Just a recording of the team songs, someone to sing the National Anthem and then a game of footy.

Anything else is a waste of time and money.

Meatloaf was lame. They need to get some who is popular now. Maybe some good Aussie acts (actually there isnt many of them around atm) or at least a good international rock band.

Any suggestions??

Anytime live music is discussed Muse must be mentioned. They are the premier live act in the world and have been for about four years now.

Having said that, I still don't think there needs to be an international misic act before the gf.

Agreed. Have been to one of their shows in the past 12 months, they were sensational. Best live act I have seen.

Meatloaf was lame. They need to get some who is popular now. Maybe some good Aussie acts (actually there isnt many of them around atm) or at least a good international rock band.

Any suggestions??
Try reading the last ten pages of the thread.

And there are PLENTY of good Aussie bands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot, lot, LOT more people know Lionel Richie and Meatloaf compared to Kasabian and Soundgarden.

Sure, this may mean that Justin Bieber gets lined for 2012 Grand Final day, but you can understand why the AFL gone with Meatloaf over lesser known acts.

i'm 41 and i have never heard of kasabian (till now) and wouldn't know a soundgarden song if it happened to come on the radio. i do like those kings of leon dudes a bit. but we're really talking about mass appeal here. and as someone posted earlier, could the be more concerned about providing value to the expensive corp box tickets, rather than the rank and file footy followers. having said all that, and as a meatloaf fan, it wasn't about the general appeal of his music, it was that he butchered it badly.

Having been to the 97/98 Grand Finals and watching ever year I think the pregame entertainment is so much wank. Most people are there for the game I'm sure. Use the big screens and keep the BS to a minimum. $600000 for that tired old fart!!!!! Demetriou should be shot

Any suggestions??
Parkway Drive: just to see the look of horror on Vlad's face. Hopefully one of the moshers would then smack him out. :D:D:D

Even a single average person picked from the streets of Melbourne that was good at say, making farting noises would have entertained the crowd more! My jokes could have done better than Meat Loaf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back