Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing from Wilson
She shows King's more benign tweet and Craig's worst.
(Sorry to those who can't see tweets here).
Caro shows one exchange between Lambert and David King and goes on to say it's understandable for a commentator to have a shot, but unacceptable for a club official to have a go back. Pig's arse.
Lambert's tweets are mainly aimed at followers of the club and therefore call for faith and when he sees fit to stick up for our club. King on the other hand are for general consumption of footy fans all over. It is surely more unprofessional for a commentator to allude to someone with faith in the club "drinking again" than for that person to stick up for the club and himself and calling out his ego. Yet she thinks it is Craig in the wrong and calls for him to shut it down?
Neither were faultless in that exchange, but Caro is off the mark here.

He wasn't having a go at Leppa per se, but he said he thought it was a bit contrived when coaches were miked up. And that they'd be aware of it and try to say the right things. Matthew Lloyd said he couldn't disagree more. He wasn't being nasty, it just made him look like an idiot that has no idea about what goes on in a locker room.
Barrett has no idea full stop.

He wasn't having a go at Leppa per se, but he said he thought it was a bit contrived when coaches were miked up. And that they'd be aware of it and try to say the right things. Matthew Lloyd said he couldn't disagree more. He wasn't being nasty, it just made him look like an idiot that has no idea about what goes on in a locker room.

Players and coaches are damned if they do, damned if they don't. The media want access and want more than just cliches but then often hammer or screw anyone that gives them (or their competitors) anything.

I wouldn't call it contrived but I have no doubt the coach will be selective in what he says, but so what. I enjoyed hearing what is said in the huddle and I'm sure even a lot of non-Lions supporters would have too.

Caro shows one exchange between Lambert and David King and goes on to say it's understandable for a commentator to have a shot, but unacceptable for a club official to have a go back. Pig's arse.
Lambert's tweets are mainly aimed at followers of the club and therefore call for faith and when he sees fit to stick up for our club. King on the other hand are for general consumption of footy fans all over. It is surely more unprofessional for a commentator to allude to someone with faith in the club "drinking again" than for that person to stick up for the club and himself and calling out his ego. Yet she thinks it is Craig in the wrong and calls for him to shut it down?
Likewise I was really disappointed with Caroline's take. They didn't show King's last Tweet which perhaps would've changed her perception of the altercation - the saddest part is Kingy probably feels vindicated now

Why did King delete the whole interaction if he's proud if his journalistic nous?

I'm sure Leppa knew he was going to be broadcast, but I don't think the way the players reacted to his instruction was anything other than natural and candid. So either the whole club was acting on the day, or Barrett is just looking to make everyone aware of just how much he likes the Lions.

As others have mentioned, she presented as a person that was more annoyed at lambert. In this conversation. Not identifying the whole conversation . Implying a member of staff shouldn't get involved.

Then in conclusion, she followed up by giving her opinion of all the other "rubbish" he has tweeted in the past ie: quotes Etc.

Her last words were " just shut it down" and that was her Caro's arrow.

As others have mentioned, she presented as a person that was more annoyed at lambert. In this conversation. Not identifying the whole conversation . Implying a member of staff shouldn't get involved.

Then in conclusion, she followed up by giving her opinion of all the other "rubbish" he has tweeted in the past ie: quotes Etc.

Her last words were " just shut it down" and that was her Caro's arrow.
Fairly confident I speak for everyone Brisbane Lions' fan when I say we love the interaction and insight Craig provides.

Does seem a little off given her recent positivity for the club...

Any chance this is a bit of a "even up" so she can maintain her balance in the eyes of the public and the rest of the media?

She's swum against the tide a few times with her articles supporting the club this year so maybe she saw a need on a pretty harmless issue in the overall scheme of things to have a shot knowing it would mean little...

As they said on 360 re: Leppa being mic'd up...what was aired would have been vetted by the lions and edited to only include broad content. Nothing that is private between players and coach and nothing which reveals trade secrets or w/e. Bit of damned if you do damned if you don't as some have pointed out.

The media largely pride themselves on keeping clubs, officials and players accountable, but it works the other way as well. I personally like club officials publicly calling out media BS and speculation exactly for what it is. Keeps those in the media somewhat accountable and possibly might make them double-check facts before publishing stories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does seem a little off given her recent positivity for the club...

Any chance this is a bit of a "even up" so she can maintain her balance in the eyes of the public and the rest of the media?

She's swum against the tide a few times with her articles supporting the club this year so maybe she saw a need on a pretty harmless issue in the overall scheme of things to have a shot knowing it would mean little...
Nah, why bother?
Reckon it's more likely she has a soft spot for King, either as a player or commentator and has just gone to bat for him.

Bloody hell. Just read the article about Steven may being captain for the suns on the weekend.

Not sure I think the man who is s wrecking ball on my team is worthy of that accolade. Reward the thug.
Would love him at the Lions.

Added bonus of not having to worry about our players being cheap shotted during suns games

2nd mitch robbo on the field. Yep, would love him on our team but not sure someone with both history and a 5 week suspension in the current year should make captain in the current year. Even if full of remorse.

The clubs need to send a message that deliberately taking someone out is not on.

2nd mitch robbo on the field. Yep, would love him on our team but not sure someone with both history and a 5 week suspension in the current year should make captain in the current year. Even if full of remorse.

The clubs need to send a message that deliberately taking someone out is not on.
I guess on the flip side, there are examples of guys who cut the ill-discipline out of their game when elevated to the captaincy.

I don't know if Gold Coast has a lot of leadership at their club. Lynch and May seem like the only two young guys putting their hand up as leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back