Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Kellie ERRORS Underwood was at it again on Sunday for the crows v Brisbane game.

According to her, Jack Riewoldt has kicked 6,000 goals

Or was she trying to be funny?? ERRORS you ain't a funny girls.

She is farken hopeless. Dopey blokes who can't handle other blokes criticising her, say we are all misogynists for attacking her. I attack her and the blokes who are bloody hopeless. They then say who is a better female caller than her and always say but they are boundary riders.

Well here you go, Jo Wotton, who usually gets the middle or late Sunday arvo game on SEN's AFL Nation and does the AFLW games for 7, leaves Underwood in her wake. She is bloody competent and doesn't makes the ERRORS Underwood does and makes her look like a rank amateur.

AS for her work on Offsiders ....... that's for another post.

The crows guernsey gets a run here

What point are they making by calling him 'accused drug dad'? Why not 'accused Bali drug two legged person' or 'accused drug white guy'.

These stupid words and sayings grow from one coach coining it and before you can blink it's in the industry vernacular.

Ross Lyon has started the god awful nourishment on the scoreboard recently which is catching on.

Former North Melbourne head coach and current CEO of Dick Johnson Racing, David Noble, was big on “nourishment”.

Kellie ERRORS Underwood was at it again on Sunday for the crows v Brisbane game.

According to her, Jack Riewoldt has kicked 6,000 goals

Or was she trying to be funny?? ERRORS you ain't a funny girls.

She is farken hopeless. Dopey blokes who can't handle other blokes criticising her, say we are all misogynists for attacking her. I attack her and the blokes who are bloody hopeless. They then say who is a better female caller than her and always say but they are boundary riders.

Well here you go, Jo Wotton, who usually gets the middle or late Sunday arvo game on SEN's AFL Nation and does the AFLW games for 7, leaves Underwood in her wake. She is bloody competent and doesn't makes the ERRORS Underwood does and makes her look like a rank amateur.

AS for her work on Offsiders ....... that's for another post.

Legitimately wouldn’t be shocked if Kell has dyslexia or a vocal form of it.

Not the first time she’s got a big number wrong (goal tallies, a certain year), and has form with confusing and stumbling over names — Charlie Cameron = “Charlie Curnow”, “Kurt Tippett” = “Kurp Tickett”.

Legitimately wouldn’t be shocked if Kell has dyslexia or a vocal form of it.

Not the first time she’s got a big number wrong (goal tallies, a certain year), and has form with confusing and stumbling over names — Charlie Cameron = “Charlie Curnow”, “Kurt Tippett” = “Kurp Tickett”.
I don't know about that. When she first started she didn't make as many mistakes. She would have been very conscience of being the first female to call the game on radio and seemed to be pretty accurate. Similar when she got the TV gig. But as she has got more comfortable, she has become terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know about that. When she first started she didn't make as many mistakes. She would have been very conscience of being the first female to call the game on radio and seemed to be pretty accurate. Similar when she got the TV gig. But as she has got more comfortable, she has become terrible.

I wonder how much of any professional decline has to do with the Foxtel pennypinchers making them call in a studio as opposed to at the ground.

I remember SBS getting dragged for leaving the late Paul Williams at home to call a crucial Socceroos WCQ off a monitor while Johnny and Les jetted off to Tehran — these days it’s becoming an industry standard.

I wonder how much of any professional decline has to do with the Foxtel pennypinchers making them call in a studio as opposed to at the ground.
Maybe. But no doubt Fox Footy have told commentators to sex it up a bit as well as practice for next year, when under the new TV deal, they will have commentators at all games up against 7's team, for the 77+ games 7 has the rights to each year.

Above I mentioned her work on Offsiders is for another post. I guess this will be it.

In 2022 I got so pissed off with her errors that I got a pen and pad out to write down the errors so I could send them to the producers. I got 9 down that day. I was going to keep a list and send them off when I had about 75 to 100 of them, so they couldn't write back and say it was just a bad day. Unfortunately I missed the next few programs and put my data collect on hold.

She is just so oblivious to them. And if anyone challenges her opinion on something, she either cuts them off, especially if they aren't in the studio, or just moves on to the next topic. She doesn't do her homework, as the production staff can only feed her so much.

My disenchantment with commentators probably dates back to when the VFL expanded into the AFL, when callers I thought were great became biased/parochial, especially Peter Landy and Ian Robertson. Special comments people like Don Scott, Robert Walls and Sam farken Newman you expected that from, but not the commentators.

Bruce McAvaney and Dennis Cometti were the doyens, but Bruce became nauseating with his obsession/fetish with certain players, while Dennis probably started drinking his own bathwater towards the end and his 'Cometti-isms' became more and more rehearsed. McAvaney was the first that I used to actively mute, along with Dermott Brereton, who goes on and on and on, long after the play has moved on.

Kelli Underwood is one whose actual voice is what I can't stand - I've stopped listening to her, so I only hear about her bloopers on here or on X. Another whose voice gets on my nerves is Jamie Brayshaw - he really puts the bray in Brayshaw.

About the only callers I do like are Adam Papalia and Ben Cameron and Corbin Middlemass on ABC radio, although Corbin can be a bit nerdy.

Last edited:
My disenchantment with commentators probably dates back to when the VFL expanded into the AFL, when callers I thought were great became biased/parochial, especially Peter Landy and Ian Robertson. Special comments people like Don Scott, Robert Walls and Sam farken Newman you expected that from, but not the commentators.

Bruce McAvaney and Dennis Cometti were the doyens, but Bruce became nauseating with his obsession/fetish with certain players, while Dennis probably started drinking his own bathwater towards the end and his 'Cometti-isms' became more and more rehearsed. McAvaney was the first that I used to actively mute, along with Dermott Brereton, who goes on and on and on, long after the play has moved on.

Kelli Underwood is one whose actual voice is what I can't stand - I've stopped listening to her, so I only hear about her bloopers on here or on X. Another whose voice gets on my nerves is Jamie Brayshaw - he really puts the bray in Brayshaw.

About the only callers I do like are Adam Papalia and Ben Cameron and Corbin Middlemass on ABC radio, although Corbin can be a bit nerdy.

I could never understand the breathless hooplah when Channel 9 pulled off the coup of luring Tim Lane from radio — if paint drying was a person.

One that I actively seek out these days is Matt Hill. Have adored his commentary of Vic racing for years and he calls the footy in the exact manner. A breath of fresh air, IMO.

I could never understand the breathless hooplah when Channel 9 pulled off the coup of luring Tim Lane from radio — if paint drying was a person.
Tim Lane and Tim Watson are the same Tim and Sam Lane is a female version of that combined Tim.

Maybe. But no doubt Fox Footy have told commentators to sex it up a bit as well as practice for next year, when under the new TV deal, they will have commentators at all games up against 7's team, for the 77+ games 7 has the rights to each year.

Above I mentioned her work on Offsiders is for another post. I guess this will be it.

In 2022 I got so pissed off with her errors that I got a pen and pad out to write down the errors so I could send them to the producers. I got 9 down that day. I was going to keep a list and send them off when I had about 75 to 100 of them, so they couldn't write back and say it was just a bad day. Unfortunately I missed the next few programs and put my data collect on hold.

She is just so oblivious to them. And if anyone challenges her opinion on something, she either cuts them off, especially if they aren't in the studio, or just moves on to the next topic. She doesn't do her homework, as the production staff can only feed her so much.
Offsiders is a horrible show all round.

Offsiders is a horrible show all round.
Its gone down hill quickly the last 5 years or so. But some of the guests they have are good eg the world tennis reporters on during January and I like Gideon Haigh. Summer is when I tend to watch it now.

Very articulate caller with a good grasp on the history of the sport. Probably lost in the modern entertainment era hence why 7 only use him for cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back