News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoopty doo, 99% of population are hyprocrites.

Doesn’t mean he is wrong.
What's he correct about?

Literally a first year player blowing up 10 minutes into the last quarter, after playing an inside role all game.

Kane's a moron on this, comparing him to a bloke who spent years before being drafted in the AFL system, developed by Collingwood.

I don’t mind kornes giving him a clip.

Reid went over east, clearly celebrated a little too much in his village and lost conditioning and he was craphouse first game back. No one has reported from those that watch training on how great of a trainer he is.

Great to be questioned early.

Of course he has time and learning good habits takes time. This isn’t peak - training habits and only way is up. But don’t mind the clip.

Also at end of day, it’s clear kornes was right to question us last year. Everyone remembers fatty yeo.

I went at Kane too but I am over people being sensitive and cry mental health whenever anyone questions anything.
That's a really dumb take.

How on earth would you know he "celebrated to much and lost condition"?

In his first year, Daicos was playing in a top side and was mainly running off a half back flank.

19 year old has a poor game.
Did you honestly think he was going to play like the Freo game every week?

Bloody hell mate.
Really?

Not to mention that Daicos in yr 1 was playing across Half Back and was usually the loose man behind the ball. Easy to look good when your getting the Sheezel cheapies.

Comparing Reid and Daicos in their first years is actually pretty interesting.

Obviously less games played so the averages for Harley are incomplete so far but he's stacking up reasonably well.
Better disposal efficiency, More Score involvements, More Clearances, Less Clangers, etc.

I've got a feeling that was to do with the Harley Reid rumours about sending dick pics.

Maybe this is in Sanchez Miguels wheelhouse, but could there be legal threats or police action about something like this?

Doubtful, they wouldn’t normally get involved in people spreading rumours, that sounds more like a defamation action.

It sounds like something more direct and personal. Sliding into players’ DMs with abuse and/or threats would be my best guess.

Doubtful, they wouldn’t normally get involved in people spreading rumours, that sounds more like a defamation action.

It sounds like something more direct and personal. Sliding into players’ DMs with abuse and/or threats would be my best guess.
Angry Eagles fans abusing Cripps would have been my guess.

I get melting on BF but personally messaging a player with abuse is so crazy to me.

Angry Eagles fans abusing Cripps would have been my guess.

I get melting on BF but personally messaging a player with abuse is so crazy to me.

People are kents.

Cripps made a mistake, but lets be honest there was at least 10 other chances for both teams that could have made it a favourable result for either team. To get so caught up on one act is plain stupid.

Daicos was a father/son who spent considerable time in his draft year training with Collingwood and being introduced to their system safe in the knowledge that he was headed there. And whilst he drew a fair bit of attention due to his talent there wasn’t any speculation about where he was headed in the draft

In comparison, in his draft year Reid played for about 6 different sides all whilst spending most of his time away from home and dealing with a ridiculous amount of speculation on where he would be drafted mostly by people who had no clue

Since arriving he’s been learning what is required to be part of an AFL program and everyone at the club has been happy with how he’s adapting. He needs to build his tank, which he’s acknowledged, and from personal observation there’s nothing wrong with his training standards

Further, since being drafted he’s been the subject of continuous discussion which now includes his contract status despite being contracted to the end of 2026

Now Kornes wants to take potshots at Reid because he cramped up late in an intense game where he was playing additional minutes to cover the loss of Yeo and Long

Kane can FRO with his cheap ill informed and poorly researched opinions

Daicos was a father/son who spent considerable time in his draft year training with Collingwood and being introduced to their system safe in the knowledge that he was headed there. And whilst he drew a fair bit of attention due to his talent there wasn’t any speculation about where he was headed in the draft

In comparison, in his draft year Reid played for about 6 different sides all whilst spending most of his time away from home and dealing with a ridiculous amount of speculation on where he would be drafted mostly by people who had no clue

Since arriving he’s been learning what is required to be part of an AFL program and everyone at the club has been happy with how he’s adapting. He needs to build his tank, which he’s acknowledged, and from personal observation there’s nothing wrong with his training standards

Further, since being drafted he’s been the subject of continuous discussion which now includes his contract status despite being contracted to the end of 2026

Now Kornes wants to take potshots at Reid because he cramped up late in an intense game where he was playing additional minutes to cover the loss of Yeo and Long

Really puts things into perspective. Impressive that Kane made himself look stupider with all the other panelists calling out his opinion as crap.

What's even worse is that Daicos himself went off early in the 4th term for cramping treatment...

Looking forward to seeing you on the pod keys.
Don't fire all your shots before tomorrow 😞
We need to start a movement like the wings to stop getting sucked in like crippa into this s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This weeks episode of the schodown this time with Matthew Knights

Probably the best one of the year so far. Some really good insights into what’s driven Waterman’s improvement and, courtesy of a question from Miguel Sanchez , how Jack Williams is developing

Just a really good listen

Migs was the liam question. Can't be giving him too much credit.
Probably the best one of the year so far. Some really good insights into what’s driven Waterman’s improvement and, courtesy of a question from Miguel Sanchez , how Jack Williams is developing

Just a really good listen

Looking forward to seeing you on the pod keys.
Don't fire all your shots before tomorrow
We need to start a movement like the wings to stop getting sucked in like crippa into this s**t.

Kane said it because he knew a podcast was coming up… he wants Keys to break the swear filter

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tyler's personal circumstances are complex. Doesn't sound good.
It's an AFL buzzword and I'm sick of it already. He was at a funeral, which isn't fun for anyone. If he's been drinking and driving (which presumably the club would be aware of), it's better to get on the front foot and just say he made a poor decision at a tough time. Stop playing word games. If he wasn't drinking, then just say it was an unfortunate accident.

Because I will tell you what's not complex, the idea that you don't ******* drink and drive.

From Harley's pre-draft profile

STRENGTHS:

• Contested game
  • Explosiveness
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Strength
  • Versatility
  • X-Factor

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Endurance
  • Defensive running

His tank was always going to be an issue in his first year or two. He's playing in the guts of one of the worst teams stats-wise in modern history. He wasn't gonna build a Sam Walsh style tank in six months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back