News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane being compared to Lord Farquaad might be my favourite moment of the week so far.

Rhino nails it like always. Especially that it's not a coincidence Kane made his comments comparing him to Daicos this week. And even more especially

Ironically, the fact I’m writing about his criticism directed at Harley Reid nearly a week later is exactly what Kane’s employers are hoping for.
Headlines, outrage, noise. They got me.

Also loved this drive by on certain commentators

You can tell he watches the games, which should be a given for experts in the industry, but you’d be surprised how often it’s not the case.

Nice article about the life and career of Andy ‘Chopper’ Lovell who played and coached at the club in the mid to late 90s.

Always liked Lovell - hard as nails and was a great trade for Craig Turley at the time who was unfortunately cooked. Melbourne traded 25 Year Old Lovell, a B21 mid for a 30 year old Craig Turley who hadn’t fired a shot for 3 years (admittedly for a variety of reasons) - good trade in hindsight.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1125845

IMG_5072.jpeg

Nice article about the life and career of Andy ‘Chopper’ Lovell who played and coached at the club in the mid to late 90s.

Always liked Lovell - hard as nails and was a great trade for Craig Turley at the time who was unfortunately cooked. Melbourne traded 25 Year Old Lovell, a B21 mid for a 30 year old Craig Turley who hadn’t fired a shot for 3 years (admittedly for a variety of reasons) - good trade in hindsight.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1125845

View attachment 1985853

What an excellent read

We need to get the club to flood the town with wce stuff! Throw everything their way, including the blow up eagle.
I know it's been mentioned on here already, but reckon it would be absolutely elite if the club could do a community camp there at some point.

Can confirm I am not related to Harley in any way. Just friends with him and know the family.

The footy club / town is buzzing for obvious reasons. And to add a bit more excitement for the town & club. Brett Deledio played his 2nd game for us today. Hoping to get 6-8 games out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Roos talking about rebuilds, mate you've never coached an uncompromised or heavily assisted club in your life, what the heck would you know?

Two Vic teams got absolutely reamed this weekend and it's crickets on the AFL site.
Tigers injury list grows something, something and zero about NM.
If that was us we would have commanded half a dozen critics minimum.
The national game at its finest.🤣
TBF, Cornes had a crack at Norf, Richmond and the Saints.

I can't stand him, but at least he doesn't mind giving a serve when he thinks it's warranted.

TBF, Cornes had a crack at Norf, Richmond and the Saints.

I can't stand him, but at least he doesn't mind giving a serve when he thinks it's warranted.
Yeh I go back and forth with Cornes.

There are absolutely times where he's being a contrarian for the sake of getting attention (e.g Harley Reid comments this week), but he seems to also be one of the few people in the media that doesn't appear to care about whether he's liked and will give his honest opinion.

I have much more respect for someone like that as opposed to the "love the way he goes about it" types that are everywhere in AFL media that offer absolutely nothing.

Yeh I go back and forth with Cornes.

There are absolutely times where he's being a contrarian for the sake of getting attention (e.g Harley Reid comments this week), but he seems to also be one of the few people in the media that doesn't appear to care about whether he's liked and will give his honest opinion.

I have much more respect for someone like that as opposed to the "love the way he goes about it" types that are everywhere in AFL media that offer absolutely nothing.

At the very least, the variety is good.

Probably struggles with being across radio, footy classified, Sunday footy show, and any newspaper commitments. Finding content for all that would be hard

Can’t help but feel our media friends over east are trying to put so much heat/pressure on a young 19 year old as an agenda to bring him to a vic club

“Daicos teaches Reid a lesson”

FFS he’s 19 years old. Cannot remember this s**t when Patrick Cripps was at a shithouse Carlton team a few years back.

Eagles Public relations should be on the front foot with a plan to counter over the next few years.

IMG_1772.jpeg

Can’t help but feel our media friends over east are trying to put so much heat/pressure on a young 19 year old as an agenda to bring him to a vic club

“Daicos teaches Reid a lesson”

FFS he’s 19 years old. Cannot remember this s**t when Patrick Cripps was at a shithouse Carlton team a few years back.

Eagles Public relations should be on the front foot with a plan to counter over the next few years.

View attachment 1987315
Some pretty lame s**t appearing on facebook too.

I’m curious as to why this isn’t getting more attention

I get that it wasn’t malicious and that Johnston took in his stride but supporters simply can’t be touching opposition players

Had Johnston reacted differently this could have been far worse and I doubt very much it would be overlooked if it was an eagles fan touching Daicos at Optus. Or even if it was Reid rather than Johnston

Commentators didn’t even mention it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back