nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I don’t mind the medical sub.
But I reckon once a team activates its sub the other team should be able to activate theirs even if they don’t have an injury, because depending on when it happens a fresh player on the ground could be a massive advantage.

HairyO

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t mind the medical sub.
But I reckon once a team activates its sub the other team should be able to activate theirs even if they don’t have an injury, because depending on when it happens a fresh player on the ground could be a massive advantage.
Just make the 12 day compulsory break the same for medical or concussion.

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Just make the 12 day compulsory break the same for medical or concussion.
you missed my point.

Getting a fresh player on the ground, late in a game, would be an advantage ... Especially with reduced rotations etc..
why should a team activating a medical sub get an advantage?

HairyO

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
you missed my point.

Getting a fresh player on the ground, late in a game, would be an advantage ... Especially with reduced rotations etc..
why should a team activating a medical sub get an advantage?
And then the next game the player cant play. So there is a big risk.

Except in a grand final maybe.

Glenhope

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
10 minutes to go in a GF and scores are close. Everyone's exhausted. Call your worst player off and tell him he's injured. Insert fresh player. You'd be mad not to.

footyfan1978

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
10 minutes to go in a GF and scores are close. Everyone's exhausted. Call your worst player off and tell him he's injured. Insert fresh player. You'd be mad not to.
The whole thing is a farce. Should have never been brought. Four on bench is plenty to cover for injuries and still be 18 against 18.

Remove this Banner Ad