Travel Melbourne Airport Plane Spotting 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone been to Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine) lately to plane spot? ✈️

Any recommendations on good areas? I’ll be taking a couple of little ones too.

Thanks in advance!

I was there to hike rather than plane spot recently, but any number of locations in Woodlands Historic Park have pretty great airport views. The best are in the south of the reserve near Sunbury Road and the south west near Oaklands Road.

Great afternoon at Tulla with Miss 8 & 3. We started off at the northern end of the airport watching the RWY 34 departures from the spotters area. There was an ice cream van but no toilets or facilities. Lucky I brought the potty for ‘bush wees’.

After an hour or so we drove around to the southern end of the airfield to watch the arrivals on RWY 34 in the spotters area. I actually like this spot better. A bit closer to the runway too.

Due to Covid there aren’t as many flights (especially international larger planes) and we saw mainly 737’s. The girls still had fun though which is all that matters.

Definitely worth the trip out to the airport for something different for the kids capped off by a brilliant blue sky and warm weather for this time of year!

I saw a couple meet up there for a bit of fun one morning, two separate cars, bit of cheating I'd say!

when-I-check-hot-firends-on-facebook-creepy-stalker.gif

I took a second date out there to "look at the planes take off" a few weeks ago. Ended up getting hopelessly lost around the freight terminal, and then parking in the wrong spot, the bright flashing lights was a bit of a mood killer.

No third date for now.

I took a second date out there to "look at the planes take off" a few weeks ago. Ended up getting hopelessly lost around the freight terminal, and then parking in the wrong spot, the bright flashing lights was a bit of a mood killer.

No third date for now.

Next time put in Melbourne Airport Golf Club in your GPS. The viewing area is a little before the golf club but you won’t miss the viewing area (right at the end of the runway, you will also see the approach lights).

So far this is my favourite spot for spotting, it’s a couple of hundred metres closer to the end of the runway too.

Ive got an airport just below me so the planes came past a few a day,just little ones
Heaps of action when the fires were raging
and when you see the yellow chopper coming in you know someones had a heart attack or car accident or been bitten by a snake, jelly fish, stone fish, or dislocated their knee surfing.

Had some great fly overs with this big boy for Anzac day
iu

One year I was worried the tv aerial was going to bend it seemed that close

Also had regular fly by from these
iu

apparently a guy who would fly low to wave to his mum as he went past... he got dobbed in so its stopped

had a few home made lawn mowers with wings regularly going around a few years back ...havent seen them for a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Back