Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2019 (after the results posting of bets will get a ban)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices steadily getting squeezed. Still a little bit of 25-1 on Raymond Tusk. May not quite have the class though several Group placings and does tend to find trouble in running a little too often for my liking but it's a really eye-catching run in the Ebor (steady Paris, steady) last time - worth a look if you haven't seen it already (last turning for home in the light blue). I'm not totally in the too much weight camp for Cross Counter just yet - though perhaps more a place than a win bet. Still just shading Marmelo but things will start to take shape soon enough.

Apparently Mer De Glace’s primary target is the Melbourne Cup. He needs to finish in the top 8 of the Caulfield Cup to meet the qualifying condition. Unproven at the MC trip but a genuine contender.

Apparently Mer De Glace’s primary target is the Melbourne Cup. He needs to finish in the top 8 of the Caulfield Cup to meet the qualifying condition. Unproven at the MC trip but a genuine contender.

Will get to see him run at Caulfield anyway - I won't be stepping into it before that.

25% of Mustajeer up for grabs after connections checked Lees cups records out.

Bart Cummings can’t get a full field, yet there’s continual whining about the cup being full of internationals.

25% of Mustajeer up for grabs after connections checked Lees cups records out.

Bart Cummings can’t get a full field, yet there’s continual whining about the cup being full of internationals.

Only nuffies complain mate, if you want to to watch lesser types owned/bred local tune into kalgoorlie today. Otherwise....

Great to have a race on the card with a completely different dynamic.

Wasn’t the main gripe overseas could win a 4 horse group 2/3 at Curragh or Germany and be guaranteed a start yet win a G1, G2 in Aus (with larger field sizes) and not be guaranteed a start.

Wasn’t the main gripe overseas could win a 4 horse group 2/3 at Curragh or Germany and be guaranteed a start yet win a G1, G2 in Aus (with larger field sizes) and not be guaranteed a start.

Last horse that met this criteria plz

Last horse that met this criteria plz
South Australian derby winner Qafila. Currently 25th Ooe. Mr Quickie 23rd Ooe.

Master of Reality is 8th in in order for winning a group 3.

I was merely pointing out the argument local trainers had.

South Australian derby winner Qafila. Currently 25th Ooe. Mr Quickie 23rd Ooe.

Master of Reality is 8th in in order for winning a group 3.

I was merely pointing out the argument local trainers had.

Last horse that met this criteria and missed the field plz

You also failed to mention Master of Reality was placed in the Gold Cup ffs - I'd expect the top 8 in the Gold Cup to get in over an SA Derby winner

Last horse that met this criteria and missed the field plz

You also failed to mention Master of Reality was placed in the Gold Cup ffs - I'd expect the top 8 in the Gold Cup to get in over an SA Derby winner
Lord Fandango in 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord Fandango in 2018

Well played you sneaky devil.

But is it fair to deny European G3 performers (all at WFA) over a length win over Wall of Fire in a Herbert Power carrying 53

Well played you sneaky devil.

But is it fair to deny European G3 performers (all at WFA) over a length win over Wall of Fire in a Herbert Power carrying 53
I don’t know the best answer to that question because I understand where you’re coming from. I was simply mentioning the gripe Australian trainers had. Are they correct? Maybe yes and also maybe no.

I don’t know the best answer to that question because I understand where you’re coming from. I was simply mentioning the gripe Australian trainers had. Are they correct? Maybe yes and also maybe no.

And as FF highlighted - why didn't they contest the Bart Cummings

Watched last years replay. Finche was outstanding to stick on the way he did. Faced the breeze from about the 900.. was enormous. The Waller camp have given him a lengthy spell to get further acclimatised to Australian conditions. His second trial this time in at Warwick Farm was a very handy piece of work, and he resumes this week in the Chelmsford where he should finish second to Avilius.

Let’s not forget either that he has the scalp of Avilius back home in France... with natural progression, and at expected overs in the Cup...very happy to be on him.
Happy with this after today #ontrack

So with Surprise Baby crunching in today after Bart Cummings
Market looks a little different
(Took 51’s on Surprise Baby a while back so glad it’s qualified- didn’t expect it to)

Poison at top of market
Surprise Baby at 9’s and Finche 12’s

Best priced at the moment not too sure
As it stands I’ve placed bets on:

Spanish Mission - 🛑👎
Surprise Baby
Raheen House
Twilight Payment
Raymond Tusk
Southern France
Ispolini
Downdraft

So with Surprise Baby crunching in today after Bart Cummings
Market looks a little different
(Took 51’s on Surprise Baby a while back so glad it’s qualified- didn’t expect it to)

Poison at top of market
Surprise Baby at 9’s and Finche 12’s

Best priced at the moment not too sure
As it stands I’ve placed bets on:

Spanish Mission - 🛑👎
Surprise Baby
Raheen House
Twilight Payment
Raymond Tusk
Southern France
Ispolini
Downdraft

Not too dissimilar to you:

Spanish ❌
Constantinople
Southern France
Raheen
R Tusk
Twilight

Probably the least I’ve had going at this point in time for a few years.

I can’t buy into the top 4 in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back