Preview Melbourne Vs Greater Western Sydney @ Skoda Stadium, Round 19, 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

That must be one of the lowest crowds ever for two competing Victorian teams .

'Ever' is stretching it a bit far.

Meanwhile I'm trying to pre-whip myself into a frenzy about us losing but I've just not got the heart any more. As long as $cully does his knee I don't care if they win now, and would in fact consider that to be as good as a victory.

Hawthorn bounced back alright from losing to the 0-17 Dockers once. Watch us stay mired in the pits of hell.

We will lose. It will be ugly. There will be no bounceback the following week because if that was something this playing group were the sort to do they would have already done it many times this season.

Cameron to kick 10, giants by 8 goals.

This will be the Boyd Cup ..

We win - we get a end of first round PP
We Lose - we get a priority pick at first round which we will get Boyd

then use pick 3 on best mid .. round 2 pick on best mid we can trade for .. round 3 pick for Swell ..
round 4 .. lucky dip ..

Pre season .. best mid if we can talk someone into going into pre season draft only .. like a disgruntle GWS mid or like a Daniel Garlett .. Eddie Bets etc.

The season maybe over but they can't take away our dreams.

Strange selection. Davis first emergency would have to be a good chance to come in late for Garland. Nicholson played VFL 2s last week, how is he close to being picked? (I know it was for MFC emergency reasons but it's a fitness thing). And Taggert still can't get a look in?

the way i see things transpiring is that;
what little confidence melbourne had will have taken a big dive from last week.
the giants are hungry i can sense from the past games that they are desperately searching for the first win of the season, and will be desire the win a lot more than our lot.
also even when melbourne were slightly successful a few years back they didn't travel well, so if melbourne cant put up a decent fight at home what chance are they away, were in GWS territory now, and sadly GWS will record their first win on their home ground.

also knowing my luck this year they will win, why? because i have had the ability to go to two games this year and both were won, this week i can't go and it's on free to air, so my luck predicts a lot of me raging at the television set.

still i remain hopeful that the boys can get over the line, the way i see it is melbourne has only one goal for the rest of this season, finnish higher than the saints!

I will be at this game... with a gws supporter(they exist lol) god i hope we win.

Full team:

Round 19 Melbourne team
B: Lynden Dunn, Cameron Pedersen, Dean Terlich
HB: Colin Garland, Tom McDonald, Mitch Clisby
C: Jack Viney, Jack Trengove, Jack Grimes
HF: Matt Jones, Jack Watts, Jeremy Howe
F: Dean Kent, Max Gawn, Jack Fitzpatrick
FOLL: Jake Spencer, Colin Sylvia, Nathan Jones
I/C: Jimmy Toumpas, Shannon Byrnes, Aaron Davey, Luke Tapscott
EMG: Jordie McKenzie, Daniel Nicholson, Troy Davis
IN: Dean Terlich, Colin Garland, Jake Spencer
OUT: James Frawley (hamstring), Chris Dawes (calf), Sam Blease

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spencer is good, means gawn can rest and take on two people again

I guess it has merit in that regard... strange though IMO, I would have gone with a smaller forward line or even brought in - god forbid - another midfielder!

We already have two rucks playing, why the * is Spencer playing? Gonna play key forward for Dawes is he?

Just ******* keep Blease in, or replace him with someone like Taggert.

FFS sick of Pedersen and Byrnes. Happy to see Tapscott being given another chance, hopefully he's used right.

I'm assuming it was assumed that there's no point flying Strauss up north to play GWS, and they'd rather see him in the VFL again to back it up. Same could be said of Davis though, unless someone like Garland is in serious need of cover.

I am really surprised Blease is out omitted. not being able to get a game in this side does look good for him. He is one player that is a big part of our future .....hopefully he finds his form

Can't believe they pick Kent over him. I know Blease was rubbish last week but Kent has done about two good things in 10 games.

Hey guys just wondering what you think Jack Grimes' game will be like this week. He was tagging Wells last week and put in an abysmal Dream Team performance.
I'm tossing up between cutting Grimey (vsGWS) or Stokes (vsNMFC) this week.
I'd back Stokes in usually, but Grimey is playing GWS and his last three scores have been 126, 89 & 125

Will he be tagging this week? Surely not?
Enlighten me please Melbourne faithful.

Hey guys just wondering what you think Jack Grimes' game will be like this week. He was tagging Wells last week and put in an abysmal Dream Team performance.
I'm tossing up between cutting Grimey (vsGWS) or Stokes (vsNMFC) this week.
I'd back Stokes in usually, but Grimey is playing GWS and his last three scores have been 126, 89 & 125

Will he be tagging this week? Surely not?
Enlighten me please Melbourne faithful.

Unless McKenzie comes in (is an emergency for the game) there is every chance he will play a tagging role on Ward.

We already have two rucks playing, why the **** is Spencer playing? Gonna play key forward for Dawes is he?

Just ******* keep Blease in, or replace him with someone like Taggert.

So Watts doesn't have to ruck, he'll alternate with Gawn and Fitz will play full time forward.

Gawn has been out on his feet too early in games recently and Fitz has been our primary goal threat, makes sense for mine.

Also gives me the impression that Watts will be predominantly forward this week covering for Dawes.

Unless McKenzie comes in (is an emergency for the game) there is every chance he will play a tagging role on Ward.
Dammmmn don't tell me that, I was looking for a reason to save him.
I'm assuming he wasn't playing a tagging role at the G earlar this year when he scored 126 against the Giants?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back