Game Day Round 16 v. Greater Western Sydney Giants @ TIO Traeger Park, 3.20PM

To prepare for the BIG EVENT, will you re-watch the Michael Evans game?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't know about you, but I have set myself a calendar reminder for this game, which occurs TODAY. WHY SHOULD YOU WATCH?
  • It's GAME 150 for our beloved Jake Lever and for our beloved James Harmes.
  • It's at a really very scenic venue.
  • Ben Brown is back! :chartingup:
  • We get to see Jesse Hogan and Toby Bedford again.
  • If I can be earnest for a moment - and I can - it would be quite nice to be VICTORIOUS in this game. :gigglev1:
Is it true that you wanted to see the named line-ups? Because that's what I'm going to give you, courtesy of afl.com.au. :whitecheck:

Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 7.08.49 pm.png

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FORM GUIDE? Well, that was a bit aggressive, but here it is - again from afl.com.au.

Screen Shot 2023-07-01 at 7.15.36 pm.png

Will we win? Will we lose? Will we tie? Most importantly, will we all engage politely in a beautiful match thread? 😇

Now, I want a nice, clean game. FROM ALL OF YOU! 🧙‍♀️ 🧙‍♂️

Last edited:
Sleep Yawn GIF

Kinda have a feeling we'll kick a big score against the Giant's non-existent defending. Nothing will be learned and the boring crap selection will be justified for the coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s pissing down with a maximum of 8 degrees here in the desert which should add to the spectacle. Happy to be here!
Sounds like prime Ben Brown conditions

Kinda have a feeling we'll kick a big score against the Giant's non-existent defending. Nothing will be learned and the boring crap selection will be justified for the coaches.

Preparing your in-built excuse for a Benny Brown 4 goaler? 😂

It’s pissing down with a maximum of 8 degrees here in the desert which should add to the spectacle. Happy to be here!
Yeah I'm quite surprised with the weather, I know it gets cold in Alice Springs in winter but having a few sub 10 degree maximums seems super rare and with rain. Anyway enjoy the game hopefully a good win.

Make no mistake this is our biggest game so far in 2023.

Our past month of footy has been horrendous notwithstanding Kings Bday which we won albeit against an undermanned, off-their-tucker Pies. GWS on the other hand have clicked into gear in recent times and will go in confident today that they can knock us off our perch.

A loss will see us drop away from Port, Pies and Lions and see us enter a dogfight just to keep our spot in the eight. 9 wins after 15 games means we’ll likely have to win 4 of our last 7 home and away fixtures just to make it. That’ll be no ‘gimme putt’ for a side struggling to kick 10 goals a game.

I’ll go as far as to say “lose today and finals are unlikely”, which would be an unmitigated disaster for this list and it’s coaching staff.

Might be time for Goody to ditch the human robot, best buddies act and start issuing a few home truths to these guys. To my eye they have been operating on autopilot mode for quite some time, playing without a much spirit or passion (kind of like him, funny that).

Last edited:
Isn't JVR currently playing for Casey? Interesting - wonder what's happened.
Just kicked another goal. He'll need to head off at half-time to catch his flight you would expect.

Back